Home

Madden 20 “Sim”/Competitive Mindset going forward

This is a discussion on Madden 20 “Sim”/Competitive Mindset going forward within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2019, 02:24 AM   #57
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden 20 “Sim”/Competitive Mindset going forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
You can’t mesh the formulas for each Play Style together.

As the poster was noting, there’s a lot going on in CFM that are separate from Play Now games.

This is also why a Front End roster uploaded into CFM, manipulates the OVR’s some as various CFM only mechanisms are applied to each player (Archetypes, Career Phase, Age Regression, etc...)

CFM aspects take precedence over the Mode itself.

If you have the PC version, you’ll see show CFM has its own thing going on separate from outside of it.
This is spot on.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:08 AM   #58
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Everybody says they want “sim” gameplay until they actually get it.

A lot of people, not everyone of course, think they know more about football than they actually do and you are correct in saying people use the word as an excuse for when they lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-26-2019, 08:14 AM   #59
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
ROADMAN!!! I see you lurking ever so ninja like in the shadows. Would love to hear your take since we have been down this road for what seems like toooooooo long.
You can run, but you can't hide.

I've never ventured outside my comfort zone of all pro sim settings in both because several years ago Ian mentioned that the game was tested on those settings and the players played closer to their ratings.

The only other thing I've heard besides what's inside this thread over the past few years is Play Now plays different than CFM and it plays a decent brand of sim football.

I don't have any personal experience with either choice, but find the discussion one of the better threads at OS.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:40 PM   #60
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Yea man, is there some things you gotta do? Sure... it the outcome saves a mental breakdown of wasting $60 and pride. Lol Inwas like every one else and ready to chunk this game off the highest peak I could find. A bottle of Angel Envy Rye whiskey later...I made this game work for me as I feel the developers intended but won’t tell everyone
I think the best thing to do on madden is not pay too much attention to the stats being "sim". Instead I just tweak it to my play style and take it for what it's worth.

~Koosa1027~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 10-26-2019, 08:46 PM   #61
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
For what it's worth, I spoke to a Madden dev earlier this month who confirmed that none of this carries over. I've been trying to get a clean and direct quote from them (I'll refrain from any names unless I can get their permission), but it's pure placebo according to the folks on the Madden team I spoke to.

According to what I was told, main menu settings and sliders do not impact CFM.

I've been playing for years only messing with CFM adjustments, including Madden 20. Is the game messed up in places still, absolutely, but it seems a lot of folks are wasting a ton of their time chasing these fantasies. What they're really seeing in testing, I'd wager, is nothing more than a game's statistical variance.
Madden devs have said alot of misleading things about their games. They told us penalties would work correctly. They told us sliders weren't reversed when they obviously were soooo....I take lightly the things they say at times but I'll take your word on it.

~Koosa1027~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2019, 10:45 PM   #62
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
Everybody says they want “sim” gameplay until they actually get it.

A lot of people, not everyone of course, think they know more about football than they actually do and you are correct in saying people use the word as an excuse for when they lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Well...I definitely wouldn’t lump Madden into anything sum related. Pocket play and scramble mechanic is about as broken as one can get...Dline animations are limited, OL animations are bad, penalties and sliders? Who knows what they do...it sure isn’t as clear as it should be...and certain strategy that should be in the game isn’t (Assigned individual assignments in defense for CBS...IE shadow coverage) I mean I could go on but Madden is a fun game of football that allows for some sim-ish games if edited...but I believe it is far from even being mediocre in sim. Long way to go and with the income from EA comps and professional tournaments it will never be what we as a community want. NCAA is our best hope really
Old 10-27-2019, 12:08 AM   #63
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
I play almost exclusively on competitive. It's a much better experience. So much so that I'd guess if OS posters were able to play a game without being shown what mode it's in (sort of like a blind taste test) that most would also prefer competitive.
I am pretty sure I would notice no penalties and injuries pretty quickly . . .
Old 10-27-2019, 01:24 AM   #64
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
I am pretty sure I would notice no penalties and injuries pretty quickly . . .
Yeah those 7 penalties in a whole season would be hard to go without lol No but in all seriousness, on default penalty sliders.. do you guys even see flags? On Sim I've never had more than 2 in one game and I only had 7 in one year, 4 through Week 9. The way penalties are you'll always end with less penalties than every other team unless you run aggressive on coach adjustments most of the game.

And by the way, you can have injuries on competitive if you're in franchise mode. They added the functionality way back in Madden 19, you can read it in one of the patch notes. Just make sure to have injury On in the menu.

Attached picture, at the bottom.

Which explains why I had an injury in a franchise game on competitive. Because even though it's on comp I did set my injury setting to on. I even had 2 penalties in that game. Capture%2B_2019-10-27-01-14-41.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »