Home

Ideas to improve the stadium crowd/atmosphere

This is a discussion on Ideas to improve the stadium crowd/atmosphere within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2019, 11:10 AM   #1
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Ideas to improve the stadium crowd/atmosphere

EA Sports needs to upgrade this. It may be something the next gen consoles would be able to handle better.

1. Instead of having everyone jumping around all the time, the home crowd just should sit and observe the game most of the time.
2. During positive plays like short completions, short runs, or tackles by the defense for short gains, you should see more clapping and slightly more vocal excitement.
3. After explosive plays, big sacks, interceptions, etc, you should see the crowd stand and go nuts with loud cheering.
4. After penalties or what looks like late hits out of bounds, you should hear booing.
5. If a team is struggling, you should see lots of empty seats the more the team loses and the opposite the more it wins. The crowd should boo bad performances from players on a bad team. Show fans getting up and leaving toward the end of games, leaving early in blowouts, and staying for down to the wire games.
6. Like sounds of the show in MLB The Show for the PlayStation, you should be able to transfer and upload custom sounds into the game. Make it where music like Thunderstruck by AC/DC, Seven Nation Army, and Sandstorm can be added too. Make it sound like it's coming through the stadium speakers as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2019, 11:31 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Ideas to improve the stadium crowd/atmosphere

Would be nice but the NFL doesn't want a lot of that stuff in the game. Did you happen to see the Steeler at Charger game. The Steelers were treated like the home team. I was at the Steeler at saints game last dec 23rd. It wasn't near the charger game but some teams travel very well.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:22 PM   #3
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

re: If a team is struggling, you should see lots of empty seats the more the team loses and the opposite the more it wins.

Didn't one of the NCAA games do that in the PS2 or maybe PS3 days? It's probably not so much a system/tech thing as it is the NFL not wanting that.

I do agree with you on the rest. For instance, FIFA isn't perfect but if you play EPL (England) there's a bit of atmosphere. If you're familiar with English (and even some American) soccer/football, you probably know that teams have chants, songs, etc. They even managed to license a 50+ year old pop song so they can play it before kickoff and have the Liverpool crowd mass-sing with it as they do in real life. Come to think of it, I want to say there's some generic booing/cheering and all in pretty much every match when it comes to goals, fouls, etc. To be clear, it's very generic but it's there at least.

I'm not sure I totally get how/why the NFL would want omit crowd noise because of something like Steelers fans traveling well (or Wisconsin transplants outnumbering Dolphins fans when the Pack visits, ditto transplant Minnesotans in Arizona if the Vikes are there...besides for a few years)? I mean you could just ask them not to program them making too much noise? Idk.

I'm also on board with allowing imported music. How many teams use Metallica's "For whom the bell tolls"? lol. I'd love to put Prince's "Lets go crazy" in for after a Vikings TD/win.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:21 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMN81

I'm also on board with allowing imported music. How many teams use Metallica's "For whom the bell tolls"? lol. I'd love to put Prince's "Lets go crazy" in for after a Vikings TD/win.
For this suggestion, it's too costly to purchase the license to classic songs.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:22 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
re: If a team is struggling, you should see lots of empty seats the more the team loses and the opposite the more it wins.

Didn't one of the NCAA games do that in the PS2 or maybe PS3 days? It's probably not so much a system/tech thing as it is the NFL not wanting that.

I do agree with you on the rest. For instance, FIFA isn't perfect but if you play EPL (England) there's a bit of atmosphere. If you're familiar with English (and even some American) soccer/football, you probably know that teams have chants, songs, etc. They even managed to license a 50+ year old pop song so they can play it before kickoff and have the Liverpool crowd mass-sing with it as they do in real life. Come to think of it, I want to say there's some generic booing/cheering and all in pretty much every match when it comes to goals, fouls, etc. To be clear, it's very generic but it's there at least.

I'm not sure I totally get how/why the NFL would want omit crowd noise because of something like Steelers fans traveling well (or Wisconsin transplants outnumbering Dolphins fans when the Pack visits, ditto transplant Minnesotans in Arizona if the Vikes are there...besides for a few years)? I mean you could just ask them not to program them making too much noise? Idk.

They don't want to omit crowd noise but they do not want empty seats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2019, 12:12 PM   #6
Rookie

I would love to see them bring back the feature from NCAA where if the stadium was really loud then the routes would shake and your players were more likely to make a mistake. If you were able to score early you could take the crowd out of it but if you didn't then you were in for a long day.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:52 AM   #7
MVP

I doubt the NFL would approve of #5, but I agree with all of your other points. Another thing I'd like for Tiburon to borrow from MLB: The Show is having authentic graphics and animations for stadium video boards. For me, personally, this goes a long way towards fostering authenticity and immersion.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about with MLB: The Show:

Spoiler

Within the context of Madden, this is the type of information I'd like to see displayed on stadium video and ribbon boards:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 10-28-2019, 06:16 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
re:

My vote for the Vikings would be Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song". I love when they play that IRL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »