Home

Madden 20: "Coming Soon" List

This is a discussion on Madden 20: "Coming Soon" List within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2019, 01:22 PM   #1
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 20: "Coming Soon" List

Let's make a list of all of the things that are "Coming Soon" but have never actually happened. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but here's what I can think of...
This isn't even a list of things that are wrong with the game (like HDR looking like trash still, robo QB, etc.). This is solely a list of things that were said to be coming soon. We're days from November and I really didn't expect to still be waiting on this stuff this far into the game's cycle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2019, 01:36 PM   #2
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Re: Madden 20: "Coming Soon" List

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Let's make a list of all of the things that are "Coming Soon" but have never actually happened. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but here's what I can think of...
This isn't even a list of things that are wrong with the game (like HDR looking like trash still, robo QB, etc.). This is solely a list of things that were said to be coming soon. We're days from November and I really didn't expect to still be waiting on this stuff this far into the game's cycle.
It's really too bad it's taking this long for cfm to get things they talked about in August. I was trying to get back into the game but at this point we're probably a month or more away from just the things in your list being added.

I enjoyed this year's Madden for what it was but am hugely disappointed by the way cfm has been left to rot.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-28-2019, 01:51 PM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I enjoyed this year's Madden for what it was but am hugely disappointed by the way cfm has been left to rot.
Yeah i had a ton of fun in August and early Sept, but post-launch support... and honestly support since the beta... has really lacked this year. They know how to make the game better and what the community wants them to do, but they just don't seem to care about making it happen.

I wrote that beta post about Contracts that led them to promise the 5th yr option scenario in JUNE and another dude wrote a similar one last year in June in the beta feedback and they still haven't done a thing. And even if they add that 5th yr scenario like they said, it's just an ugly bandaid on a broken contract system that they continually ignore and say they don't have time to fix.

It's like at this point we can't even get the things they're promising so there's really no hope of innovation in things like a progressive injury system, coaching carousel, contract structure realism, immersive CFM, and all of the other things we'd love to see in CFM...
Old 10-28-2019, 02:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Weren’t holdouts and trade demands mentioned for the scenario engine? Not sure if it was said specifically for Madden 20 or it was just future plans at some point?
Old 10-28-2019, 02:49 PM   #5
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

@Equipment_Guru confirmed on Twitter like a week ago that the Saints plain white pants will be patched in “soon.”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2019, 03:25 PM   #6
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Add the "living League" scenarios they promised us in September to this list, because I don't consider the additional breakout scenarios they added "living league" scenarios. I feel like unless something changes that this could end up one of the most over-promised but under-delivered Maddens we've ever had.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:37 PM   #7
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
Weren’t holdouts and trade demands mentioned for the scenario engine? Not sure if it was said specifically for Madden 20 or it was just future plans at some point?
There were a lot of examples of scenarios that they teased at in the news release part of the cycle of Madden 20 that I don’t know if they will ever make it in the game. At this point I’m starting to feel like they never planned on adding scenarios like holdouts or trade requests but still used them to get us hardcore franchise players excited. It really feels like we were sold a lie when it comes to this new feature. Below is a link to the game informer article where they interviewed Mike Young about the new scenario engine, especially read the paragraphs under the section “Introducing the Scenario Engine”:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/04...franchise-mode
Old 10-28-2019, 04:53 PM   #8
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
There were a lot of examples of scenarios that they teased at in the news release part of the cycle of Madden 20 that I don’t know if they will ever make it in the game. At this point I’m starting to feel like they never planned on adding scenarios like holdouts or trade requests but still used them to get us hardcore franchise players excited. It really feels like we were sold a lie when it comes to this new feature. Below is a link to the game informer article where they interviewed Mike Young about the new scenario engine, especially read the paragraphs under the section “Introducing the Scenario Engine”:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/04...franchise-mode
I really feel they over promised on scenario engine. I don't think they even know how to deliver what was initially promised. Especially with scenarios only applying to users and not the cpu. As per usual there is just so much that is underdeveloped and or broken in this game to make cfm something that can be played more than a couple seasons at most before boredom sinks in.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »