Home

Presnap QB animation

This is a discussion on Presnap QB animation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2019, 10:55 AM   #1
Rookie

Sajiky's Arena

OVR: 0
Presnap QB animation

How do you get out of, or hurry that slow shuffling presnap animation QB's are always doing when they get to the line?

Finally decided I'm fed up with the occasional avoidable delay of game I get as a result. Only things I can find trying to Google it, talk about presnap audibles and hot routes.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2019, 11:34 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Presnap QB animation

If you are constantly getting delay of game penalties on offense then that is on you for picking plays too slowly, not the animation.

― Plato
Old 11-03-2019, 12:35 PM   #3
Rookie

Sajiky's Arena

Yeah thanks, it happens less often to me than to Tom Brady. When you're at the line and he slowly does animations for 2 seconds in a manner no QB would in that situation, it's unnecessary and annoying.

But I do appreciate the condescension. ***.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:40 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

The pre-snap animations are built into the game to give the defense time to align and make adjustments. It is there because the walk-up to the line of scrimmage is removed. It is only a few seconds, so again, if you are constantly getting delay of game penalties then you are simply picking your plays too slow. That isn't me being condescending. It's the honest truth.

― Plato
Old 11-03-2019, 03:23 PM   #5
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

What kind of runoff you got on the playclock?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2019, 03:02 AM   #6
Rookie

Sajiky's Arena

Yeah the animations to give time makes sense I get that, but...

You should be able to hurry him up under the center once the clock is under 5 seconds for realism of nothing else. Getting to the line late happens. It happens in the real nfl all the time, and no QB I is going to screw around like that.

It would be really easy to implement a system with the enforced animation in place, for all but say the last 3 seconds of the play clock.

Look it's rare, but it's annoying and fixable. I think it's happened to me 3 times in my current franchise, and I'm in the third season. It contributed to a drive stalling towards the end of a recent loss and it felt so stupid to watch him sit there shuffling from one foot to another for 2 seconds as I jammed on the snap button, that I figured they'd have to have a way to get around it.

But I guess mitigating players quick snapping to gain an advantage in UT is more important than realistic football.

No on second thought, it's really not.

But, thank you to those who actually answered the question.

Those who treated the question like I have no business asking it in the first place, and assumed asking it means I'm incompetent to boot, can kiss my, well foot.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:51 AM   #7
Pro

Honestly, I like it because it is totally realistic. If the slow animation is your concern, I suppose they could change it to making the QB frantically clap his hands urging the center to snap the ball or something like that but unless you're in a hurry up situation, the QB does not just go under center/shotgun or whatever and simply snap that ball... THAT is far more unrealistic.

I've had to burn time outs myself because of this but again... this is represents realism to me. And when you are chewing the clock, you have to be aware... that means you can't call plays with auto motion because you're probably not going to get the snap off.

Again... there are a lot of things I dislike about this game but this isn't one of them
Old 11-04-2019, 11:53 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajiky
Yeah thanks, it happens less often to me than to Tom Brady. When you're at the line and he slowly does animations for 2 seconds in a manner no QB would in that situation, it's unnecessary and annoying.

But I do appreciate the condescension. ***.
Tom Brady has the Conductor ability. He can get in two hot routes in the same amount of time that other QBs need for one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »