Home

Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.18 Available - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.18 Available - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2019, 08:14 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.18 Available - Patch Notes Here

Why people care about equipment is beyond me. But a game-altering revolutionary mechanic like X-factors "no one cares about".

I get why it's hard to be a game developer.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:38 AM   #74
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Totally opposite of what I experienced, but I'm on all pro too, so, that might make a difference.

Trubisky hit 66% of his passes and I was very pleased by that.

I'm sure my next game will be different.

Edaddy, I did not see where the cpu RB's were stiff arming and juking around lights out on me, they didn't have to, lol, Cohen drove through many holes to drive a truck through. I know he had over 100yds on me. I just feel these rb's moves did something to the game that they haven't been able to figure out to put them back in without mucking that area of the game, just my guess.

I will say the coverage on zones and man to man felt tighter. There were more CB/WR collisions that enabled the ball to come squirting most of the time, once in a while the WR would hang on to the ball.

Did I mention I caught my only Hail Mary ever in Madden. lol And of course, Arod was the qb.

Hope that answers your questions edaddy.
Road tried the game with the patch and I must say the game is much improved and as smooth as close to release day.. The coverage is alot tighter and the running game on both sides are smooth.tackling is improved 100%...now only thing left is to bring back rb foot planting jukes , and stiff arms..thanks for the heads up man..Kudos EA..Now if they can only keep taking step forwards and not back we will all be in business...Out!!!!
Old 11-08-2019, 04:10 PM   #75
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Road tried the game with the patch and I must say the game is much improved and as smooth as close to release day.. The coverage is alot tighter and the running game on both sides are smooth.tackling is improved 100%...now only thing left is to bring back rb foot planting jukes , and stiff arms..thanks for the heads up man..Kudos EA..Now if they can only keep taking step forwards and not back we will all be in business...Out!!!!
Man I知 hoping they do bring back some semblance of cpu juke or footplanting.
I知 hearing a lot of good things with these updates...but I am still using game at 1.10 because the cpu running had unchanged. I値l keep watching the threads..and hoping..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2019, 08:22 PM   #76
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
I知 hearing a lot of good things with these updates...but I am still using game at 1.10 because the cpu running had unchanged. I値l keep watching the threads..and hoping..
I'm still theorizing that cpu running special moves have caused other areas to go kerflewie and that is why we haven't seen them removed.

I do know they are aware of the situation based on Twitter chatter.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:54 AM   #77
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
While I do miss the open field CPU backs juking, I can tell you that a good CPU back will tear me up at times. Mr. Run CMC hit me for 140 last night with his Panthers. I am absolutely seeing foot planting now, with far fewer race car turning. That is actually better than it was OOTB. I am also seeing the CPU backs hit the gas and explode, behind the line of scrimmage, since latest update. At first, I thought they bumped game speed. Stiff arms are also back and are being utilized more, rather than the CPU back stopping and going into a silly-looking "bull-charge" truck before the defender is even in his area.

The overall CPU running game is really good now in my experience. Two patches ago, it was almost completely dead.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:59 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Edge, I'm getting worked by good backs as well post-patch. While some of the moves in OOTB are still not present or are not present with the same frequency on 1.18, HB performance IS improved on this patch, to the point where I have to devote extra resources to stopping the run on AP vs. good backs and lines.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:45 AM   #79
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Raider
Edge, I'm getting worked by good backs as well post-patch. While some of the moves in OOTB are still not present or are not present with the same frequency on 1.18, HB performance IS improved on this patch, to the point where I have to devote extra resources to stopping the run on AP vs. good backs and lines.
That was my experience with Cohen(before leaving town) and the nice part is the CPU stuck with the run.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:32 AM   #80
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Man I’m hoping they do bring back some semblance of cpu juke or footplanting.
I’m hearing a lot of good things with these updates...but I am still using game at 1.10 because the cpu running had unchanged. I’ll keep watching the threads..and hoping..
Yea man the cpu is running well but the backs just hit the hole and run with no semblance of making a defender miss in space, stiff arms, and elusiveness..it really looks like they sped up the backs acceleration and game speed to give them more juice. through the hole...the problems are really noticeable when a back takes it to the edge and instead of making a move to make the defender miss they run right inti him ..the run game looks great norrh south running but any time ut has to shift its terrible..what seperates backs is the ability to make defenders miss and shiftiness in the open field..there is no difference at this point..whats worse is seeing a punt returner getting the ball and just run into the defender blindly..it takes away the strategy of using certain backs in situations..and at times it looks like pee we footbalk running..It is what it is .. Im also seeing less touch on lead passes,noticing some physchic coverage , a little robo qb, and it lo9ks like PI has been nurfed..the patch did improve the smoothness of the game though and its a step...I just wish they would build on whats good with game instead of taking away things every 2 weeks..its a guessing game what you get from patch to patch...out..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »