Home

Playing CFM as Owner with new scenario engine

This is a discussion on Playing CFM as Owner with new scenario engine within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2019, 01:40 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Playing CFM as Owner with new scenario engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
That's great to know. Not that it matters, but are you in a cloud cfm or offline?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2019, 02:00 PM   #10
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Scenarios are present in offline CFM. I get about 1 a week through 8 weeks so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:17 PM   #11
Rookie

BigChillin's Arena

Yeah I guess that's the difference, I'm playing as an owner in online CFM and don't appear to be getting the scenarios. I think I'm gonna keep rolling with this franchise though, since it does seem that the scenarios favor the user controlled players way too much if the CPU doesn't get any scenario upgrades.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2019, 03:09 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChillin
Yeah I guess that's the difference, I'm playing as an owner in online CFM and don't appear to be getting the scenarios. I think I'm gonna keep rolling with this franchise though, since it does seem that the scenarios favor the user controlled players way too much if the CPU doesn't get any scenario upgrades.
I'm confused about what you mean by you're not experiencing scenarios as an owner.

I play Owner Mode as well, and I receive scenarios on occasion with player progression.

Separately, you also mentioned you have scenarios "turned off" in your franchise. I need to do that for mine...is there a setting I missed?
Old 11-06-2019, 03:58 PM   #13
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickda55
I'm confused about what you mean by you're not experiencing scenarios as an owner.

I play Owner Mode as well, and I receive scenarios on occasion with player progression.

Separately, you also mentioned you have scenarios "turned off" in your franchise. I need to do that for mine...is there a setting I missed?
I don’t think, someone correct me if I am wrong, progression is considered a scenario my friend. It’s a mere reminder. What he is referring to are the interactions between players on the team and you that occur week to week based on scenarios revolving around factors, SS, playoffs, and big games. Not simple reminders to progress players...which is nonsense in my opinion.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:44 PM   #14
Rookie

Playing as an owner, I SEE plenty of scenarios. That said, I'm purely a sim player, so I cross my fingers and pray every time they pop up. Its not like I can influence the outcome. I wish there was a way to influence the coaches with these while staying as hands off as possible, but that'll never happen.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:22 PM   #15
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I have absolutely no idea why they made this decision in the first place, but I wanted to know how this affects my CFM as opposed to playing as a coach. I use tdwag's progression sliders. Will having this feature disabled mess up my progression/regression numbers?
It's like this because the scenario engine is heavily based around text conversations that fit into the RPG mold of Owner/Coach/Player and was mainly built around FotF and coach mode and having the same scenarios/interactions is a bit weird and awkward and not as immersive when you're "supposed to be" the owner.

Quote:
With the scenario engine turned off, do players lose the ability to upgrade their dev trait without the engine being in affect? If so, I feel like this could drastically change the way progression/regression works in the long run with less players upgrading their dev trait. With the engine turned off, it seems that players would only upgrade dev trait due to winning awards at the end of the season.
You'll still be able to get breakout scenarios through Owner Mode while it does drastically change the way progression works, it's mainly in the form of all the XP and Morale you miss out on from things like X-Factor and Frustrated player scenarios. Breakout Scenarios were also made a lot more common in a recent update but by playing Owner Mode, things will definitely be much more balanced between you and the other CPU teams.

Quote:
Also, once an online CFM is started, is there any way I can switch from controlling the owner to controlling the coach without having to restart my CFM? I really don't want to have to restart my CFM because of this.

Bottom line: is it work turning this setting on? How much does the scenario engine affect franchise. I feel like I'm missing out on a pretty big new feature just because I decided to play as an owner instead of a coach.

Thanks
You should be able to retire your owner, switch to the head coach of another team and then retire that character and create a new character as the head coach of the team you wish to control without any issues. It might mess with some of your weekly activities like scouting and/or weekly training but if you do them before you switch, everything should be fine. You should be able to test that this works in a dummy CFM without risking your own. The only thing with that is if you retire as an Owner, I don't think it allows you to switch back to being an owner of that team so switching to a Coach would only be if you wanted things to be that way for good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2019, 06:14 AM   #16
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Nice to see there’s scenarios in owner mode. I always heard there wasn’t. Maybe I’ll finally do a raiders franchise I’ve been wanting to do

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »