Home

Playing CFM as Owner with new scenario engine

This is a discussion on Playing CFM as Owner with new scenario engine within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #17
Rookie

BigChillin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playing CFM as Owner with new scenario engine

Just a quick update. Playing some more in my online CFM, I have been getting a few breakout scenarios as an owner if one of my players has an exceptionally good game. I'm not sure if the breakouts are the only thing that's available to owners or not. Also still not sure if CPU players get dev trait upgrades through breakouts or not. If not, that's just horrible design considering users are given an inherent massive advantage in CFM.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:54 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChillin
Just a quick update. Playing some more in my online CFM, I have been getting a few breakout scenarios as an owner if one of my players has an exceptionally good game. I'm not sure if the breakouts are the only thing that's available to owners or not. Also still not sure if CPU players get dev trait upgrades through breakouts or not. If not, that's just horrible design considering users are given an inherent massive advantage in CFM.
There are under-the-hood mechanisms that drive AI player rating improvements.

The application/distribution of those increased ratings are based off the selection in the settings.
- the min is 4 weeks with another option being at the end of the season.

I believe to balance things out the AI is given larger chunk increases based on the selection.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:57 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChillin
From what others are saying, cpu does not receive any of the scenarios - Includes, morale boosts and break outs
Old 11-08-2019, 07:11 AM   #20
Rookie

Asking here instead of starting a new post for a simple owner-related question:

Are existing owners still in the game? I want Dan Snyder to sell the team, so I was thinking to start as owner, sim first season, “sell”, then create new coach before next draft.

I don’t want Snyder getting any credit in the news headlines once the skins return to glory.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-08-2019, 11:52 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemind
Asking here instead of starting a new post for a simple owner-related question:

Are existing owners still in the game? I want Dan Snyder to sell the team, so I was thinking to start as owner, sim first season, “sell”, then create new coach before next draft.

I don’t want Snyder getting any credit in the news headlines once the skins return to glory.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
No. You create a new owner. Honestly, it's one thing I wish they'd left as is. Just because I play as an owner, I really never liked the C-a-O templates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It's like this because the scenario engine is heavily based around text conversations that fit into the RPG mold of Owner/Coach/Player and was mainly built around FotF and coach mode and having the same scenarios/interactions is a bit weird and awkward and not as immersive when you're "supposed to be" the owner.

Tell this to Jerry Jones

SCENARIO: QB says "You resigned our HB for multi-millions, but forgot about me."

-OR Robert Kraft

SCENARIO: "Mr Kraft, you went to a massage parlor, but want to blast me for criticizing the team and then release me for allegations of improper conduct with women"

Last edited by baconbits11; 11-08-2019 at 12:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »