Home

Two new stadiums in the game

This is a discussion on Two new stadiums in the game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2019, 08:45 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Two new stadiums in the game

Estadio Azteca (Mexico)

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (London)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 09:01 PM   #2
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Two new stadiums in the game

I find it odd that EA chose to model two stadiums that combine for 3 games this year instead of the two stadiums that will account for (I think?) 24 games next year... Especially given their history of introducing new stadiums a year in advance.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:13 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOncomingStorm
I find it odd that EA chose to model two stadiums that combine for 3 games this year instead of the two stadiums that will account for (I think?) 24 games next year... Especially given their history of introducing new stadiums a year in advance.
Both Estadio Azteca and Tottenham Hotspur Stadium appear in FIFA 19. I imagine having those assets already made for FIFA probably made it easier to make them work in Madden, as opposed to building new stadiums from scratch. That requires significantly more effort on EA's part; they send artists on-site to survey and capture reference photography, they have to model and light the stadium, optimize geometry to ensure the stadium gameplay, cinematic, and exterior shots both perform well in the game's graphics engine, etc.

It is disappointing that we aren't getting the Rams' / Chargers' / Raiders' new stadiums this year. I'd guess QB1 pulled a ton of art resources (notably for the face editor options and cinematic elements).
Old 07-26-2019, 09:29 PM   #4
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE11
Estadio Azteca (Mexico)

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (London)

Can we select these stadiums in CFM? I know we probably don't have any control over the schedule but being able to choose the stadium similar in MLB The Show where you can play at any stadium would be a nice option.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Bigmac612's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Both Estadio Azteca and Tottenham Hotspur Stadium appear in FIFA 19. I imagine having those assets already made for FIFA probably made it easier to make them work in Madden, as opposed to building new stadiums from scratch. That requires significantly more effort on EA's part; they send artists on-site to survey and capture reference photography, they have to model and light the stadium, optimize geometry to ensure the stadium gameplay, cinematic, and exterior shots both perform well in the game's graphics engine, etc.

It is disappointing that we aren't getting the Rams' / Chargers' / Raiders' new stadiums this year. I'd guess QB1 pulled a ton of art resources (notably for the face editor options and cinematic elements).
No disrespect man .. but the “resources” excuses are getting old. Literally almost every sports on the market has the basic essentials that madden has lacked continuously every year .. that face editor for madden is generic by today face editor standards and quite honestly it should have been implemented in every mode like 3 to 4 years ago.

Madden has really been the same game since last gen .. gameplay has got better but it should and even at that .. that really started around 2-3yrs ago .. the other .. Even that “scenario” thing was a flake .. its just text messages .. they made it seem like it was this thing that was going to dynamically have impact throughout your franchise .. like generated “storylines” or something .. atleast that was my interpretation of it .. clearly i was wrong.

Wasnt this the year the franchise mode was going to be taken care of ?? isn't that what is they said .. im honestly asking cause maybe i heard or read wrong .. but its literally the same franchise mode .. the same but now you get some text messages 😕 .. man aint no way that Qb1 took up all the resources .. its literally superstar mode with some cutscenes .. come on man .. this is literally insulting considering what the other sport games on the market are doing .. i feel like the “resources” excuse is a insult on my intelligence every time it gets used lol but seriously .. i think its time for the NFL to rethink its partnership with EA .. especially with the how nba2k has taken over the sports genre in general in america. I would love to see somebody else take a crack at NFL game .. to see if “resources” really are the issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 10:21 PM   #6
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmac612
No disrespect man .. but the “resources” excuses are getting old. Literally almost every sports on the market has the basic essentials that madden has lacked continuously every year .. that face editor for madden is generic by today face editor standards and quite honestly it should have been implemented in every mode like 3 to 4 years ago.

Madden has really been the same game since last gen .. gameplay has got better but it should and even at that .. that really started around 2-3yrs ago .. the other .. Even that “scenario” thing was a flake .. its just text messages .. they made it seem like it was this thing that was going to dynamically have impact throughout your franchise .. like generated “storylines” or something .. atleast that was my interpretation of it .. clearly i was wrong.

Wasnt this the year the franchise mode was going to be taken care of ?? isn't that what is they said .. im honestly asking cause maybe i heard or read wrong .. but its literally the same franchise mode .. the same but now you get some text messages 😕 .. man aint no way that Qb1 took up all the resources .. its literally superstar mode with some cutscenes .. come on man .. this is literally insulting considering what the other sport games on the market are doing .. i feel like the “resources” excuse is a insult on my intelligence every time it gets used lol but seriously .. i think its time for the NFL to rethink its partnership with EA .. especially with the how nba2k has taken over the sports genre in general in america. I would love to see somebody else take a crack at NFL game .. to see if “resources” really are the issue.
None of this has anything to do with the topic of these two stadiums though.

His speculation that they were added because they've already been built for FIFA and are thus comparatively less work to add is probably the correct answer.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:25 PM   #7
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

I did think I saw on Twitter from Kane that the reason for the omission of the LA/Vegas stadiums v. the inclusion of Atlanta/Minnesota stadiums one year before opening is chalked up to EA having the CAD data for the facility or not.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 07-26-2019, 10:48 PM   #8
Rookie

Bigmac612's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
None of this has anything to do with the topic of these two stadiums though.

His speculation that they were added because they've already been built for FIFA and are thus comparatively less work to add is probably the correct answer.
It kind of does .. because what im saying is that having these stadiums should be standard in the game at this point considering the NFL actually has been having regular season games overseas for awhile now .. and also the new stadiums .. i will give them a pass on the new stadiums a bit because i can understand that.

“resources” is not a good enough excuse for not having these standard things in games .. not in 2019 .. by this point EA should allow you to select which teams you want to play in those oversea games and stadiums in your CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »