Home

Franchise mode, teams declining?

This is a discussion on Franchise mode, teams declining? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2019, 01:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Franchise mode, teams declining?

I’m in year 7 of my franchise, and I’m finding all of a sudden the game is very easy. There does not seem to be enough talented defense secondary players, and I have a X factor qb and WR, and it’s like Tom Brady and Randy moss out here. If he’s single coverage in a deep route it’s a 50/50 shot at 30+ yards. And a good chance he can just keep running for the TD when it’s perfectly placed. He’s not lined up against a single guy that’s a superstar or has any decent talent this season, he’s beating most by 10+ speed and release and he’s not maxed out he’s like a 95 or something. Does the talent level just seceease or something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2019, 07:15 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise mode, teams declining?

Use Sapp’s fictional classes + tdawgs xp sliders.... cant trust ea’s generated ones.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:15 AM   #3
Pro

Use Sapp’s fictional classes + tdawgs xp sliders.... cant trust ea’s generated ones.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:17 AM   #4
Pro

Use’s sapp’s fictional classes and tdawgs xp sliders.... cant trust EA garbage untested ****
Old 11-17-2019, 11:12 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

It seems to me that the problem is the cpu doesn’t play rookies due to where their overall falls on the depth chart, which leads to less XP and development for them and a few years down the road it has a big effect on franchise. I’ve got a LB that’s 3rd in the defensive rookie of the year standings after 12 games but he has no interceptions, one sack, and he’s about 5th on the team in tackles. He shouldn’t be in the running for the award but it seems like no other rookies are playing. I also have a CB that’s seventh for rookie of the year and he only plays about five snaps per game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2019, 11:55 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
It seems to me that the problem is the cpu doesn’t play rookies due to where their overall falls on the depth chart, which leads to less XP and development for them and a few years down the road it has a big effect on franchise. I’ve got a LB that’s 3rd in the defensive rookie of the year standings after 12 games but he has no interceptions, one sack, and he’s about 5th on the team in tackles. He shouldn’t be in the running for the award but it seems like no other rookies are playing. I also have a CB that’s seventh for rookie of the year and he only plays about five snaps per game
Yeah, that’s exactly it and I have no idea how to fix it. It showed a little season 7-8. In season 9 it’s now insane. No one can stop my receivers at all, and the only really fantastic player that was generated in drafts is a qb I developed and let go due to cap
Old 11-17-2019, 10:17 PM   #7
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

I’ve never looked at the whole league hardcore, per se in any CFM over the last 4-5 maddens. But, I can say that I noticed this problem in M19. I think what happens is that teams, in general, can’t figure out their cap space and don’t want to sign or re-sign any of their top talent. I just played KC in my 2nd year of a CFM, and they let Tyreek Hill go, so I slaughtered them. Lol.

Another thing I noticed in M19 CFM was there was an abundance of talent available at QB in the drafts. I drafted one guy in the 2nd round who was going to replace Matt Ryan for me. U could tell he was solid, and he slipped to the 2nd round. I ended drafting another guy a year later (again, he happened to be available in the 2nd round and seemed worth a shot). He was a scrambler, so I decided to stick with him. I ended up trading the 1st guy to NE who had a terrible QB after Brady. He was much better than their current QB. As it turns out, they let him go to free agency at the end of the season. Lol. He should’ve been their new franchise guy, but I believe he was asking for a lot of money even through he didn’t do a lot in the nfl, yet.

So, ultimately, I guess I’m saying the cpu has a really hard time with player management. And, if I recall from M19, again, because I played like 10-12 seasons, I can speak from experience at the end there that I was probably an 85 OVR team and I was constantly playing 75 OVR teams. Lol. So, I mean, that’s a quick ‘shocking’ thing to see, in general. I’m able to build a sick squad with sick players and manage the cap just fine. But, the cpu management must be awful all around. So, after probably 5 or so seasons, u really see a drop off in talented teams, in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2019, 10:57 PM   #8
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Turning off x-factors has made the game much harder for me personally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »