Home

Passing is so different in 20

This is a discussion on Passing is so different in 20 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2019, 03:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Passing is so different in 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy1010
Anyone have any tips on long balls? Getting over the top? I never seem to be able to drop them into a receiver accurately.
For lob pass I look for a receiver who beat/will beat his man on the run, or someone that in a 50/50 jump ball will get the grab. As a result I’m almost only ever throwing a lob to a miss match man coverage. If I’m running a verts route I’m probably bullet passing between zones to get the ball there while they “switch”

I guess my answer is, i don’t use it unless I really need a big play. I’d rather use other passes, but if my receiver blows pst someone and they are still following it means they are in man but they won, so lob it before they hit the safety zone if there is one, and they will likely get to the end zone if they can juke or out burst one man (safety).

If you have a tall “physical” WR, you can trust him to pull down lobs in single coverage, and sometimes they get quite a break. Understand any lobbed ball is leaving time for help to come
Old 11-18-2019, 05:00 PM   #10
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
It's is a little bit different. I actually think its easier. Especially since EA has nerfed the defender to just stand, stop, & watch the receiver catch the ball right in front of them most of the time on lobs in the secondary.
Yea I agree. The thing is, with this year you have to time your throws with the route whihc may make it hard for some. Curls, stops, digs, and shakes all have timing windows where as soon as the break is cut you have to be on time time. Has marks determine normal or bullet throws and coverage dictates high to low ect...What I am not loving is EA seems to not really understand how to replicate an overthrown and underthrown ball. I get some "breathtaking" mis throws every once in a while but by in large I get errant throws where its like "what the hell was that?" I like the subtle throws where its JUUUUUUSSSST out of reach or JUST a bit underthrown and one hops. Or off the mark throws where the WR have to really use their SPC catch ratings to haul it in. Just my .02
Old 11-18-2019, 07:53 PM   #11
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Yea I agree. The thing is, with this year you have to time your throws with the route whihc may make it hard for some. Curls, stops, digs, and shakes all have timing windows where as soon as the break is cut you have to be on time time. Has marks determine normal or bullet throws and coverage dictates high to low ect...What I am not loving is EA seems to not really understand how to replicate an overthrown and underthrown ball. I get some "breathtaking" mis throws every once in a while but by in large I get errant throws where its like "what the hell was that?" I like the subtle throws where its JUUUUUUSSSST out of reach or JUST a bit underthrown and one hops. Or off the mark throws where the WR have to really use their SPC catch ratings to haul it in. Just my .02
Yeah agree with your assessment & think its on point. It's definitely improved over Madden 19 & I think it better for sure. Maybe it's time for me to adjust the slider.

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »