Home

Did EA Do Something Different?

This is a discussion on Did EA Do Something Different? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2019, 09:03 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Did EA Do Something Different?

For my entire life as a Madden player, default slider settings NEVER worked for me. It was either too this or too that.

Thursday or Friday I played a game w/ default settings on All Pro with the Eagles (the only thing I changed were AI INTs, speed, and penalties) and the Eagles were on fire (against the Jets). But I know in this game, the Eagles are rated way higher than they should be (and this is coming from a life long Eagles fan but that's neither here nor there)

So I wanted to see something... I played with the Bengals vs the Patriots and holy hellll.... NOTHING I did worked. Couldn't block, couldn't run, couldn't cover (but my punting abilities were on display! haha)

Could sim mode FINALLY be living up to its "the players will play to their ratings?" lie they told us three years ago?

EA: Leave it alone!!!! Do not touch anything. In fact, no more updates to Madden 20. You did it. It works. And for the love of God, let's start Madden 21 where we are now. Many people accuse each new Madden game as being "a $60 roster update." Honestly, with the way this game is playing now, I am ok with that for Madden 21. Ok... I won't go that far but you finally made a game I am enjoying
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2019, 09:16 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Did EA Do Something Different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
For my entire life as a Madden player, default slider settings NEVER worked for me. It was either too this or too that.

Thursday or Friday I played a game w/ default settings on All Pro with the Eagles (the only thing I changed were AI INTs, speed, and penalties) and the Eagles were on fire (against the Jets). But I know in this game, the Eagles are rated way higher than they should be (and this is coming from a life long Eagles fan but that's neither here nor there)

So I wanted to see something... I played with the Bengals vs the Patriots and holy hellll.... NOTHING I did worked. Couldn't block, couldn't run, couldn't cover (but my punting abilities were on display! haha)

Could sim mode FINALLY be living up to its "the players will play to their ratings?" lie they told us three years ago?

EA: Leave it alone!!!! Do not touch anything. In fact, no more updates to Madden 20. You did it. It works. And for the love of God, let's start Madden 21 where we are now. Many people accuse each new Madden game as being "a $60 roster update." Honestly, with the way this game is playing now, I am ok with that for Madden 21. Ok... I won't go that far but you finally made a game I am enjoying
I can't speak to CPU games, but in CFM user H2H games, it feels more predetermined and random than ever. Games where XF DL will have 8 sacks, and games where they are completely shut down by a 65 trash RT.

CBs will be complete lockdown on game and then completely incapable of the easiest task in another. 94 speed players who can't pull away from 85 speed players. Back to back FF scoop and scores on kickoff returns (which began as a FF scoop and score by the defense... so THREE scoop and scores in a row for the same team). QBs going 20/22 while throwing in to double coverage all game and two games later, the same QB going 7/20 and missing wide open guys on every attempt.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:21 AM   #3
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Did EA Do Something Different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1mmycr4ckc0rn
I can't speak to CPU games, but in CFM user H2H games, it feels more predetermined and random than ever. Games where XF DL will have 8 sacks, and games where they are completely shut down by a 65 trash RT.

CBs will be complete lockdown on game and then completely incapable of the easiest task in another. 94 speed players who can't pull away from 85 speed players. Back to back FF scoop and scores on kickoff returns (which began as a FF scoop and score by the defense... so THREE scoop and scores in a row for the same team). QBs going 20/22 while throwing in to double coverage all game and two games later, the same QB going 7/20 and missing wide open guys on every attempt.
User H2H games are brutal this year, I’ve had Madden do everything in it’s power to hand my opponent games in my 32 user league. I had one game where everytime I was driving to take the lead it would force a turnover that I had no control over. I ended up fumbling the ball 5 times in one game, the first two on back to back kick returns that my opponent took back for 6, then the other 3 were all on drives that would have been go ahead drives as if the game was just saying nope you’re not going to take the lead. Mind you on 4 of the 5 fumbles I was holding the button to cover ball. Last night I had another league game that was similar. It was a low scoring close game for the most part but the game got away from me when my ball carrier fumbled on two drives in a row also while I was holding cover ball. Then the game was all but sealed when I threw a pick because two of my WRs ran in to each other so the ball sailed right past the intended target in to the hands of a safety. H2H play has been so frustrating the last couple of Maddens and it just keeps getting worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »