Home

Not bashing, But arguably the A.I. isn't as smart as it used to be

This is a discussion on Not bashing, But arguably the A.I. isn't as smart as it used to be within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2019, 09:59 AM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Not bashing, But arguably the A.I. isn't as smart as it used to be

Can someone explain to me how the A.I. is not as smart (arguably) as it used to be?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2019, 04:33 PM   #2
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Not bashing, But arguably the A.I. isn't as smart as it used to be

Hard to give an answer without any context. In what way?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-20-2019, 03:01 AM   #3
MVP

tru11's Arena

it was never smart.
it wont be smart.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:32 AM   #4
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

If I could play Dr. Frankenstein I would take this year's game and add some parts of '16.Pertaining to cpu AI,I thought '16 had the killer instinct and play calling.It took a nose dive the next year and has gotten somewhat better since but not quite where it was with '16.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:40 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Unfortunately, the CU play calling and clock management in the final 2 minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarter are horrible. I have literally won a few close games due to the AI stupidity. Not sure what happened but I really wish EA would focus on Franchise now. I am sick of the neglect for a mode that made me fall in love with this game many years ago.

If they don't want to develop franchise, the NFL needs to allow other companies to compete again. EA was at it's best when other companies were developing an NFL game at the same time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2019, 10:51 AM   #6
MVP

IDK, man. Madden 20 has functioning read options, RPOs, match coverage, run fits for every defense. The old games had none of those things. Press and shading also work very well this year.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:48 PM   #7
Rookie

seaside24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
IDK, man. Madden 20 has functioning read options, RPOs, match coverage, run fits for every defense. The old games had none of those things. Press and shading also work very well this year.
Yeah all those things are nice but I think it is more effective and properly used by the human players.

I think what the op is stating is that the actual CPU AI isn't really doing things on the field that makes you think the AI is smart.

But honestly this has been an issue in madden for years. The CPU is way behind the intelligence you would see in a game like MLB the show or NBA 2k.

This series has never been a true sim even though you'll have many to defend it year after year. But if you don't have great expectations then you can get some enjoyment out of it for a few months.

The fact that EA might add a few new bells and whistles every year is great but in terms of actual nfl football this game is light years behind from what you'll actually see on nfl sundays.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:47 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I feel the the area that the CPU AI needs a real upgrade is the last few minutes of the game in the play calling department of a tight game.

After this past title update, if the CPU is gouging me in the run game, it sticks with it.

I didn't play the game for two weeks after the previous title update, but this update sure makes the game more challenging again and seeing better line interaction as well.

Is it a replica of NFL real Sundays? Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't, it's your game, do what you want with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »