Home

Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.19 Available - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.19 Available - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
The Best Sports Game of 2019: MLB The Show 19
The Best Franchise Mode of 2019: NBA 2K20's MyLeague
Worst Trend in Sports Games in 2019: Single-Player Modes Getting Shafted
Does the XFL interest you at all? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 11-20-2019, 11:23 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.19 Available - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
I donít recall seeing that....
Ahh. This happened a couple of patches ago. I would suggest trying to reinstall your game. When you select "continue franchise", you should see a prompt telling you that your offline franchise is being patched. Hope that works if you choose to try it. Good luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2019, 11:24 AM   #82
MVP

Can anyone confirm whether the cpu playcalling tendencies have been updated? Or is it strictly just adding new plays / formations?
Old 11-20-2019, 11:41 AM   #83
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: New Madden NFL 20 Patch Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
When you say "scrub" of the CFM what do you mean?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
In a nutshell, Sim out all front end players where youíre starting your CFM with generated players.
- some want to play with the current stars, so this would not benefit them

Iíll do a thread explaining whatís going on when you do this, as to not derail this thread.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:42 AM   #84
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Am seeing so many pros and kudos about this latest patch and the game overall now. But when I look at (insert name of any youtuber here) vids he continues to say the game is pretty much an abomination and points out all the stuff still wrong. Is it really that bad or is he looking at it with a slanted eye?

C
I pretty much ignore YouTubers for sports gaming...nearly all of them focus on just the negative to boost view count.

Here's my "take". If you're expecting Madden to be a diehard replication of football, don't bother. If you're expecting Madden to be a challenging game to test the competitive limits of high level "eSport" players, don't bother. If you're expecting CFM to be a text sim style mode (and thank god it isn't), don't bother.

IMO, too many people take the game way too seriously. Fire up All Pro (or All Madden) default, turn on the superstar abilities and enjoy a pretty well-balanced (and challenging) game of Madden where player ratings and abilities shine. If you zoom in and focus on every little interaction, you're going to see stuff that is "off". Watch a real life game and replay in slo-mo, you're going to see stuff that is "off". Now, personally, I look at games holistically - I don't get bogged down in statistical/animation minutiae. This version of the game definitely looks to be the most balanced to-date and it has a really nice feel to it.

Madden 20, especially after this patch, is a really fun sports RPG. Stay away from sliders and let the player ratings take over. Players are constantly improving throughout the year and you can really get some surprise stories (I LOVE using guys with low 60s ratings if they have the appropriate skill set - you can get some guys who blossom). I've gone 5 years deep playing every game of a franchise (which is unheard of for me) and while I've put that franchise on the back-burner to "change things up", I've built this connection to a team full of players that I've drafted (only 2 of my 22 starters were signed as FAs) and grown. I've had way more fun playing Madden20 than any Madden thus far (even through some of the weaker patches).
Old 11-20-2019, 11:52 AM   #85
MVP

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
Am seeing so many pros and kudos about this latest patch and the game overall now. But when I look at RM's vids on youtube he continues to say the game is pretty much an abomination and points out all the stuff still wrong. Is it really that bad or is he looking at it with a slanted eye?

C
I'd take everything that Ryan Moody says with a grain of salt. He's out to appease his loyal YouTube followers with an intent - to continue to build his brand.

While there is definitely substance to a lot of what he says, it's extremely slanted and biased.

Madden NFL 20
2020 Oakland Raiders: 2-5

2019 Arizona Cardinals: 4-4

Madden NFL 16

MLB The Show 19
2019 Oakland A's: 3-10 (YR 1)

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/raider_ren/videos

YouTube: Raider Ren (Raiderís logo)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2019, 12:43 PM   #86
Rookie

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

How is the Enforcer trait playing out after these last couple of patches? Is it still a fumble after every other hit like it was after release? I am playing on around 1.13 version where it was still an issue (sort of).

I mean, if you really make a point of avoiding enforcers at all costs, they will not make your life as miserable, plus I love how they shrink the field and make you alter your gameplan, but still...
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 11-20-2019, 01:18 PM   #87
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Am seeing so many pros and kudos about this latest patch and the game overall now. But when I look at RM's vids on youtube he continues to say the game is pretty much an abomination and points out all the stuff still wrong. Is it really that bad or is he looking at it with a slanted eye?

C
He makes money bashing madden. He's basically a political pundit but for sports video games.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:22 PM   #88
All Star

EnglishBull34's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
How is the Enforcer trait playing out after these last couple of patches? Is it still a fumble after every other hit like it was after release? I am playing on around 1.13 version where it was still an issue (sort of).

I mean, if you really make a point of avoiding enforcers at all costs, they will not make your life as miserable, plus I love how they shrink the field and make you alter your gameplan, but still...
I played the Jets as the Bills and had SS on in a test game. Adams didn't force a fumble and the tackles he was in on looked toned down a bit. I wonder if they tuned this one to be less extreme and less predictably so.

That's just anecdotal evidence; I'd be curious to know if others saw the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »