Home

M20: Generated Player Only CFM

This is a discussion on M20: Generated Player Only CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2019, 02:46 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: M20: Generated Player Only CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
This looks very similar to the reduced xp 10 year sims that some did for Madden 18. Some of those contracts in the pic are insane. I can't help but wonder how the cpu ai is doing managing the salary cap, as I've noticed using "reg" xp (tdawgs xp sliders) the cpu teams always seem to have cap/roster issues. Is the cpu better at managing salary cap/rosters with the reduced xp?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Some teams have Cap space, some have issues.

If the Market set for a 65 OVR LT is $65 mil, then that’s what AI/User will be paying across the board.
- that’s the beauty of this new mechanism

Front End rating levels are not built for CFM nor do they mesh well with the various mechanisms inside CFM.

See for yourself the difference is all I can say to anyone.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:16 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

How are injuries this far into the CFM?

The stock rosters yield very few, but I'm wondering if that's because the ratings are inflated for INJ and TGH.

Do you have any insight there?

And how many years is CFM designed to run for? If you sim 15 years, how many do you have left?
Old 11-26-2019, 08:05 AM   #19
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Raider
How are injuries this far into the CFM?

The stock rosters yield very few, but I'm wondering if that's because the ratings are inflated for INJ and TGH.

Do you have any insight there?

And how many years is CFM designed to run for? If you sim 15 years, how many do you have left?

I'm noticing a lot more injuries. And at different positions too. I'm not sure that the injury and toughness ratings have anything to do with it though because i've messed around with putting those at 99 and i'm still seeing those guys get injured.

So far through 7 games I've had 3 MLB injuries. 1 OL injury. Multiple WR injuries. I had never seen an OL injury in 250+ hours of this game before this franchise. I'm on 75% XP so it may be a little different than OP's results.

From what i remember franchises last 30 years max so you've still got a ton of time left.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:07 AM   #20
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
- XP gains producing spiked ratings, minimizing the “difficulty” as higher ratings make it easier for the User

This is one thing that I'm still not seeing. I am using guys rated in the low 60's and destroying the AI on All Pro. I think it's an issue with how easy all pro is in this game, but i was hoping it would be a more challenging experience when playing with low rated dudes.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:57 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

For comparison's sake, what are the relative team OVR spreads around year 10-15 if you let the CFM play out with default XP versus this method?

I ran a 10-year sim this morning with the 25 XP setup and noted that most teams were within just a couple of OVR points from each other, with a handful of teams being 4-5 points better than the pack.

Is that significantly different from how it goes with stock CFM development? I'm trying to assess how great a disparity good HUM team management creates in a stock CFM and how significant a fix this approach is.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2019, 06:38 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Raider
For comparison's sake, what are the relative team OVR spreads around year 10-15 if you let the CFM play out with default XP versus this method?

I ran a 10-year sim this morning with the 25 XP setup and noted that most teams were within just a couple of OVR points from each other, with a handful of teams being 4-5 points better than the pack.

Is that significantly different from how it goes with stock CFM development? I'm trying to assess how great a disparity good HUM team management creates in a stock CFM and how significant a fix this approach is.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
XP can give the end User an advantage to player rating increases, but by minimizing/slowing the XP usage, it better balances AI/User Team(s) because the User is kept within the Generated levels without any artificial super boost that XP provides.

As far as the Team OVR, they don’t represent the entirety of the roster, but if I remember correctly just a quick reflection of the starters, so I wouldn’t use that as a way of gauging the development aspect between AI and User.
- Positional weights within OVR formula isn’t on a 1-to-1 ratio
Old 11-26-2019, 08:48 PM   #23
Pro

The 1st one I did using 25% xp had all teams in the mid to high 60's to low 70's. I don't think there was a single team above 74 OVR. I didnt go through all the rosters, but there was only 25 players rated 80 or above in the entire league and most of them were below 85. (no 90's). I'm going to do another one at 60% xp and see what it looks like.

Sidenotes.

Chargers can be relocated after one year if you're not in agreement with them being in LA.

I think you have to relocate Oakland if you want them in Vegas.

Rant: I wish we could mix & match uniforms/team names when relocating.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-29-2019, 04:34 AM   #24
Rookie

TexSkins's Arena

Almost scrubbed the league completely. Currently simulating 2030 at the moment. First thing I wanted to do was change the NFL landscape. Now I’ve relocated 17 teams and almost ready to go.

Going to try Mike Lowe’s sliders with this franchise and see how it plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »