Home

M20: Generated Player Only CFM

This is a discussion on M20: Generated Player Only CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2019, 11:47 AM   #33
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M20: Generated Player Only CFM

This sounds very interesting.
Going to give it a try!
Old 12-22-2019, 09:52 AM   #34
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Thanks again Khalib! I did this using an online franchise (single player) and the sim is waaaaay faster. Having a great time after moving the Jaguars in 2035 to San Antonio to become the San Antonio Express. Its been really engaging to start fresh as a new team with no history and try and create my own story with fictional players in a fictional universe. I find myself more engaged as I have no expectations that anyone should be performing a certain way because they are not based on real life people. I have also found- like you that scouting individual attributes versus overalls really matters when doing this. Sticking with he 25% XP for now to see how it looks over a season.
Much appreciated!

Last edited by tosa; 12-22-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:13 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 2

Sorry i just came across this and thought this looked really cool. My question: how do you combat poor QB & WR play? With QBs in low 70s, I’m seeing wildly inaccurate throws. Granted it’s better than the robo QBs normally in the game, but there are constant wide open throws QBs miss that even 3rd strong NFL QBs could make. A lot of my games are turning into dink and dunks. I’m also seeing WRs all alone and dropping passes. Yes, WRs drop passes, but not the number I’m seeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2020, 12:23 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozatta
Sorry i just came across this and thought this looked really cool. My question: how do you combat poor QB & WR play? With QBs in low 70s, I’m seeing wildly inaccurate throws. Granted it’s better than the robo QBs normally in the game, but there are constant wide open throws QBs miss that even 3rd strong NFL QBs could make. A lot of my games are turning into dink and dunks. I’m also seeing WRs all alone and dropping passes. Yes, WRs drop passes, but not the number I’m seeing.
It’s okay AP all default and this is not happening to me as there’s no ratings/Slider edits, so wouldn’t know what’s driving these things you’re experiencing.

With the inaccuracies, I know some that still find 60’s OVR’s to be too accurate for them, so your skill level and play style plays a role also.

I did this with the updated version of Madden.

Rented a disk and downloaded game, using no updates, staying offline....

I’m in heaven with everything back.
- Pass Rush
- Scrambling AI QB’s
- Throw Power/Trajectories
- AI RB Avoidance
- KR/PR AI Avoidance
- lower generated player Speed/Acceleration ratings

I really do encourage folk to try this with a disk download and see for themselves.

It’s amazing how much gameplay has been stripped away/lost with these updates.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:49 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
It’s okay AP all default and this is not happening to me as there’s no ratings/Slider edits, so wouldn’t know what’s driving these things you’re experiencing.

With the inaccuracies, I know some that still find 60’s OVR’s to be too accurate for them, so your skill level and play style plays a role also.

- Pass Rush
- Scrambling AI QB’s
- AI RB Avoidance
- KR/PR AI Avoidance

I really do encourage folk to try this with a disk download and see for themselves.

Okay. I’m still using TDawg’s sliders, so I will try default sliders.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:07 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 7

Definitely giving this a try when I get home.

NFL- BUCCS
NBA- MAGIC
NCCAF- FLA
AFGHANISTAN "2011-12" WAR VET

Redzone League
Cleveland Browns
Season 3 (7-9)
Season 4 (1-0)

Jacksonville Jaguars
Season 6 (0-0)
Old 01-25-2020, 11:15 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 19

Because this reverts SS back to 70 & 80, I did a trial of “0” XP Sliders since draftees come in rated in the 70’s, allowing the SS the ability to trigger if they have the SS Trait.

Was very surprised to see that the XP is not needed with this.

I’ve done a “Scrub” roster (Xbox1) that I will upload that allows all players except 1 kicker to be scrubbed out with just a 10yr Sim.

I started my CFM with about 8 total 80 OVR’s (driven heavily by AWR Rating) which is like 90 OVR in current versions.

Using the Threshold info that’s available, I bumped some players “positional” ratings to the “Elite Threshold (90)” and wow!!!
- the highest I’ve seen any rookies positional rating is 87

Because most generated positional ratings range 60-70’s, a 90+ can provide a 20+ pt Delta difference which makes that particular skill vividly seen during gameplay.

Playing with the original non-updated Madden which brings scrambling QB’s and juking RB’s back, I tested raising various AI RB’s Elusiveness, Spin, Juke along with Break Tackle to “90” and yeah, an Elite “skill” is definitely represented under AI usage.

Did the same with some AI LB’s Play Rec and happy to see that they actually attack the LOS/gaps on runs instead of waiting to get blocked.

Editing some WR’s Break Tackle to “90” really gives value to WR Screens and 1-on-1 Tackle attempts and adds another layer because a large Delta is created making these players difficult to bring down on the outside.

Overall it’s nice to see that “90” can be used to further tailor a players skillset and further differentiate them, even without having a SS Ability.

Back to some more testing!!!
- QB’s & Returners are up
Old 02-15-2020, 03:42 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib

- Pass Rush
- Scrambling AI QB’s
- AI RB Avoidance
- KR/PR AI Avoidance

So Ootb version is the way to go using this setup. Might try using the latest updaed version 1st to see how it pans out . Cheers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »