Home

Draft strategy

This is a discussion on Draft strategy within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2019, 02:28 PM   #9
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Draft strategy

I been taking a pic of my draft needs before the draft and go from there. Going with the lowest grade first then go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-22-2019, 06:24 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
What’s your strategy for trying to land guys that you scouted that you discovered have a higher grade after scouting? If a guy was initially a 3rd round grade and you scout him and it reveals he has a first round grade, is there any chance he’ll be available late 2nd round? I’m trying to put my draft board together tonight and I don’t want to draft anyone too early but I don’t want to wait too long and miss out either
This year, more than any other, i find you're able to find starter/borderline starting O Line later in the draft. That's where I find the projected later/true early round talent disparities. Unless a linesman has an obvious dev trait, I'll wait and draft skill players 1st. In my drafts I've noticed the cpu reaching more than previous years. Not much more, but there have been times I thought I was safe waiting, next round comes and my draft board got decimated a couple projected rounds early.

My safety net has been, 1st - 3rd round, choose best available on your list. I limit myself to the top 10 prospects on my list. 5th - 7th, choose best projected round. 4th round could go either way.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:49 PM   #11
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

It depends on position. Qbs go earlier than expected. Running backs seem to stick around longer. It's pretty realistic how teams value certain positions. The only issue is that teams mainly draft for overall and scheme fit and not potential stars on their current roster.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2019, 12:32 PM   #12
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Actually he met the letter grades perfectly. They're different this year...basically a two level difference (if you count +, -, and straight letter as three distinct levels). So a B+ last year is a B- this year or an A is more like a B+.
I'm not positive but aren't Draft Grades this year changed to reflect each player relative to the rest of the draft class at their position. I.E. if the QB with the strongest arm only has an 87 Throw Power and every other QB is below him, he can still reveal an A or A+ rating for that skill even if it doesn't translate to an A or A+ across an entire 0-100 board. Draft grades are solely for comparing draftees, not exactly predicting their ratings.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:07 PM   #13
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Actually he met the letter grades perfectly. They're different this year...basically a two level difference (if you count +, -, and straight letter as three distinct levels). So a B+ last year is a B- this year or an A is more like a B+.
Ohhh, is that why? I assumed he was just lower due to not being a high overall draft pick.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:18 PM   #14
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Ohhh, is that why? I assumed he was just lower due to not being a high overall draft pick.
I would say Cory Levy got it spot on.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »