Home

An Online Franchise without SS Abilities?

This is a discussion on An Online Franchise without SS Abilities? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2019, 11:57 AM   #1
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3
An Online Franchise without SS Abilities?

So I've been running a Online Franchise league since Madden 16. We're in the early portion of our 3rd season on Madden 20 (32 seasons overall since Madden 16), and as the head commish of the league, I feel like we've gotten to our most toxic state to date. The addition of superstar abilities, and the thirst to want these abilities has caused a lot of friction and some toxic gameplay that I haven't encountered in all these seasons of running the league.

So I recently started a poll in my league to potentially shut Superstar abilities off for the remainder of the Madden year. The majority of the league voted in favor to turn off superstar abilities, which in theory, should be great.

I'm curious to know if anyone else -- commish of a league or not -- has played without superstar abilities on, and can offer any feedback on what the game is like without them. My hope is that this will kind of help swing things back toward how Madden 19 played. But i'm worried about things being weird with these abilities missing. The lack of abilities like escape artist, and enforcer. Will it be impossible to get away from pass rushers now if you have a mobile QB? Will guys with high hit power not cause fumbles anymore with the lack of enforcer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2019, 03:05 PM   #2
MVP

Re: An Online Franchise without SS Abilities?

In my online franchise we play with them off. We find it makes the games more realistic. The SS abilities are way to arcade for us. I mean when we had them on Jamal literally caused a fumble every hit
Old 12-09-2019, 03:12 PM   #3
Pro

NolesFanatic17's Arena

OVR: 0

I’m a Co-commissioner if a League and as soon as we wrap up our 2nd season we’re shutting of abilities as well due to popular vote. I haven’t in a Online League with them off but I have tested no abilities in a Offline League I started with a fictional Buccaneers Roster, it plays great and I still see Sacks from guys like Khalil Mack, Forced Fumbles still happen too. It feels like a Overall better experience vs the CPU. I hope it works out in the League I help run because some guys rely on the SS abilities too much. My biggest hope is it evens everyone out a bit more cause right now we have 5 or 6 teams who have 5+ abilities and 10 to 12 teams with 2 or less. Everyone has atleast 1 ability though

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-12-2019, 02:57 PM   #4
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

Yea, we went through the same thing. After two seasons, the amount of Superstars and X-Factor players around the league was increasing at an alarming rate.

We officially turned them off in week 5 of our 3rd season. We're two weeks in with no abilities and so far, there haven't been any complaints. I myself have only played one game since abilities have been turned off, and while I think it felt good, I unfortunately was playing against one of our league's weakest links, so I couldn't fully gauge how different it felt.

The one thing that may or may not be an issue down the road is how effective Escape Artist was, and how it will effect QB's with mobility as we move forward with abilities off. I'm interested how guys with mobile QBs will start to feel if they can't escape pressure due to the lack of the ability.

I'll have a better review of it after another game or two hopefully!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »