Home

Dev increases and balance in franchise mode

This is a discussion on Dev increases and balance in franchise mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2019, 11:53 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Dev increases and balance in franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
CPU teams do not get breakout scenarios, the engine doesn't affect CPU teams at all. Thet will get stat based post season bumps though but thet are still at a disadvantage.

Now imagine how many breakout scenarios you're seeing in a solo franchise but in a 32 user league where most teams are seeing around as many breakouts as you have with some teams seeing less and some seeing even more than you have. I have seen a couple of teams get 3 superstar breakout scenarios in one week. After only two seasons we already have a few teams with 10 or more superstar and x factor players.

The way the scenario engine and these breakout scenarios were handled is so short sighted and poorly done it's a joke. I've been at lucky enough to get 3 superstar and 1 star breakout scenario in 2 seasons but there's some teams that haven't had any and another few teams that have only had one then you have a good number of teams that have already had 6,7,8,9+ breakout scenarios after only two seasons. It should feel rewarding to have a breakout player but instead the way it was handled cheapens it not to mention is going to destroy balance in leagues.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Outside of QB’ which can have a SS Ability at 60 OVR, all other positions must have 80 OVR min to have one trigger.

For the life in me I don’t understand why someone would start their CFM with Front End roster levels, then expect all the aspects of CFM to function/mesh together, because they won’t.

I see a lot of folk complain about the impact of MUT/Comp, but will play with front end rosters that are built exactly for these type of play inside their CFM.

The Generated Player levels (ratings) are designed to bring all aspects of the Mode together, but is still instantly killed off.

99% of Generated players will be 79 OVR and below until XP is applied boosting their ratings/OVR back up to Front End levels.
- that’s why XP is default at 100

The Scenario’s work best with Generated levels and min XP gains being applied.
That’s where the reward of these mechanisms comes into play.

Everything plays a role towards getting a SS/X-Factor Ability and because the ease has been removed.

A player can have a SS Ability, but if he’s below 80 OVR it doesn’t matter because they won’t meet the (80) OVR Threshold for it to be active.
- so a team can have 10 SS Players, but none active, being nothing more than just an overlay showing.

If you have 32 guys in your Online league, “Scrub” Front End roster players out, settle upon XP gains desired and I can guarantee 1000%, aspects of the Mode will be more rewarding with the time invested.

Do a tester and see what those in your league think.
Don’t know until you try, that’s for sure.
Old 12-19-2019, 02:59 AM   #10
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
CPU teams do not get breakout scenarios, the engine doesn't affect CPU teams at all. Thet will get stat based post season bumps though but thet are still at a disadvantage.

Now imagine how many breakout scenarios you're seeing in a solo franchise but in a 32 user league where most teams are seeing around as many breakouts as you have with some teams seeing less and some seeing even more than you have. I have seen a couple of teams get 3 superstar breakout scenarios in one week. After only two seasons we already have a few teams with 10 or more superstar and x factor players.

The way the scenario engine and these breakout scenarios were handled is so short sighted and poorly done it's a joke. I've been at lucky enough to get 3 superstar and 1 star breakout scenario in 2 seasons but there's some teams that haven't had any and another few teams that have only had one then you have a good number of teams that have already had 6,7,8,9+ breakout scenarios after only two seasons. It should feel rewarding to have a breakout player but instead the way it was handled cheapens it not to mention is going to destroy balance in leagues.

We are in season 5, the average SS players per team is 10 with some having as many as 14.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 12-19-2019, 04:01 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

So to maintain some balance with CPU teams, and avoid proliferation of abilities, editing back anyone who gains Superstar via breakouts is the only sensible option (and the big XP bonus they get along with it?). Sticking to dev upgrades from end of year rewards/performance.

This is in addition to not going too high on training medals. I played all mine to silver and sim at that every week but I’m now thinking even that could be too high and I should’ve kept them all at bronze.

What about countering X-Factor players? I keep getting 1000 xp for my whole Oline for winning games against X-Factor defensive players. I’m assuming that’s another chunk of xp that CPU teams don’t get.

I think I’ll have to sit down with some CPU rosters and see what they’re getting on a weekly basis from drive goals, weekly game goals etc. And see how many areas user players get extra boosts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2019, 05:16 AM   #12
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

We are seeing this begin in the SMLE.

I had zero breakouts in season 1 and have had 1 superstar in season 2 which cost me a win as I had to change my playstyle to suit the goal.

What we're seeing is an arms race amongst the playoff teams. The easiest way to make a superbowl is to have the most superstars as the abilities break the game, so the top players are doing everything they can to make Probowl style rosters (seriously, playing the Probowl is halilarious in an online league as its just pg13 Blitz the League). In the meantime the newer rookie coaches are not getting the abilities and blowout games are more frequent with a widening gap between the top teams and the bottom teams. It's not good for longevity when new players can't see improvement when their veteran opponents get better with each matchup.

We've also handed out more player and coach bans in a season than ever before because of guys cheesing and padding beyond the limit of the rules. We had such a back log of twitch game reviews it's gotten ridiculous for voluntary commissioners.

I will be pushing for abilities off in the SMLE for madden 21 if its implimented in such an arcade manner again.

Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-19-2019, 05:26 AM   #13
Pro

I personally don't even click on them to see what guys need. Just play the game
Old 12-19-2019, 05:35 AM   #14
MVP

tru11's Arena

turn that crap off.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:38 AM   #15
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_
So to maintain some balance with CPU teams, and avoid proliferation of abilities, editing back anyone who gains Superstar via breakouts is the only sensible option (and the big XP bonus they get along with it?). Sticking to dev upgrades from end of year rewards/performance.

This is in addition to not going too high on training medals. I played all mine to silver and sim at that every week but I’m now thinking even that could be too high and I should’ve kept them all at bronze.

What about countering X-Factor players? I keep getting 1000 xp for my whole Oline for winning games against X-Factor defensive players. I’m assuming that’s another chunk of xp that CPU teams don’t get.

I think I’ll have to sit down with some CPU rosters and see what they’re getting on a weekly basis from drive goals, weekly game goals etc. And see how many areas user players get extra boosts.
That's up to how you want to handle it to maintain balance but yes the only dev increases that the CPU can get is the end of season dev upgrade that is based on stats. Also yes the bonus xp for countering x factors can not be earned by the CPU because it ties in to the scenario engine. As far as for training medals they changed it a couple of maddens ago where the CPU gets a random mix of medals, they'll get a mix of bronze, silver, and gold instead of only getting bronze like they used to.

The nice thing is you're talking solo franchises vs the CPU so you can ultimately decide on how to handle the balance. In online leagues like the one I'm in it's gotten crazy out of hand but unfortunately there's not much we can do about it at this point.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2019, 06:41 AM   #16
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
We are in season 5, the average SS players per team is 10 with some having as many as 14.
We are well on our way there, after finishing just season 2 we already have a few teams with over 10 and a couple with like 12-13. It really cheapens superstar abilities when the game is giving them out like Oprah Whinfrey.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »