Home

Sim strategy for 2020 season

This is a discussion on Sim strategy for 2020 season within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2020, 07:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sim strategy for 2020 season

Hi all,

So I’m looking to begin a franchise at the 2020 offseason to play out the upcoming free agency/draft and 2020 season. What is the best method to carry this out?

I almost always play offline CFM, so the “live start” or whatever its called probably wont be for me (unless its highly recommended).

Currently my plan is to begin a franchise at the 2019 preseason, use the most recent rosters, turn off injuries and trades, turn all xp sliders down to zero, and then sim the 2019 season 1 week at a time (all the while doing scouting so that I can draft for 2020). This is all to prevent big injuries, player movement, and to prevent further progression (since the current rosters are basically end of year rosters).

I’ll probably force wins/losses to get close to the real draft order. If its not the exact draft order I’m not all that bothered by it, as long as its close-ish (they don’t have compensatory picks, so its not like a truly realistic draft order can happen anyway).

Are there any issues with this approach? Is there anything else I should set/change/do to help set myself up for a 2020 season? Are there any other issues with simming the 2019 season that I am not predicting? I’m a little worried about the cpu teams cutting meaningful players and signing free agents. Not sure what I could do about that besides 32 team control, and I don’t want 32 team control once I begin actually playing.

Im also a bit worried about regression and development level changes. Not sure what I can do about that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2020, 07:31 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Sim strategy for 2020 season

I started the same time your talking about and just forced win every game so the records where nearly identical, obviously hard with Ties.

That was the easiest way I found, I also saved a master file so if I ever wanted to change teams I only had to do it once.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2020, 08:19 PM   #3
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm doing the same thing, may just wait to use the end of the year roster where everyone is removed from IR then go week to week and try to replicate injuries. IE, start Brandon Allen when Flacco gets injured, put Watt back in for the playoffs, etc.

Just keeping track of all the retirements and writing it down so I can turn them 40 and guarantee their retirement to replicate the real retirements. Then going to keep different files for the sake of fun. A realistic sim that follows the real NFL and other files to use for fun, like Andrew Luck coming out of retirement.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:19 AM   #4
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

You are not going to be able to sim the ties so you won't be able to get the exact standings. Honestly unless you really want to do 32 team control I would just start an online franchise using any start point during the actual season that you want to. It will save you a lot of time and you will get the correct stats and draft pick ownership which you won't be able to get just force winning the correct records for everyone. Especially the draft pick ownership, even if you use an updated roster teams won't have the correct draft picks unless you go in and manually make trades to try and get them right since they haven't figured out a way to update draft picks in normal roster updates.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »