Home

Madden needs to start adding tracking for advanced statistics.

This is a discussion on Madden needs to start adding tracking for advanced statistics. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2020, 09:38 AM   #1
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Madden needs to start adding tracking for advanced statistics.

I’m hoping one day they can get some advanced stat categories added in to this game. At the very least I would like to see things like QB pressures given up for OL, QB pressures for pass rushers, drops and catch rate for WRs, and times thrown at and catches allowed for DBs (I know they already track catches allowed but I don’t think it tracks correctly). We especially could use advanced stats for DBs and OL because it’s hard otherwise to gauge their true performance, OL you can kind of gauge by sacks allowed, but DBs unless they are stuffing the stat sheet with INTs it’s hard to judge.

Maybe someone with better programming knowledge or someone that has modded the CPU version and seen the code going on behind the scenes and correct me if I’m wrong but I feel like some of these shouldn’t be hard to track. Especially things like QB pressure since they already have on screen visual feedback to let you know your QB was under pressure when the throw was made and DBs have some kind of programming in the coding to say who they should be covering. It would be nice to have some of these stats and would help you further evaluate your roster and their overall performance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2020, 09:53 AM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden needs to start adding tracking for advanced statistics.

This would be awesome. Would love to see team record books and more records in the game as well. The announcers know some of the records, like TE stats, but they aren't in the record book in game.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:56 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Yes! I would be so pleased to have this and PFF ratings, It would add so much more fun and immersion to franchise. They absolutely have to fix the player cards and basic stat tracking.

And, they should be listing career stats within the player cards; with the team, year, and career totals. EA is like 15 years behind on that.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:58 AM   #4
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

It would be substantially easier to track these in-game than IRL, because Madden actually knows both teams' playcalls and responsibilities and what's going on in each player's "head."
Old 01-23-2020, 10:01 AM   #5
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

You guys are also bringing up good points regarding the historical stat tracking in franchise mode, another one of my big pet peeves. At the very least you should be able to easily view the past super bowl and season award winners, and league standings from at least the last 4 or 5 years. We shouldn’t have to pay for a franchise hosting site like daddyleauges or mymadden if we want to track things like this. Even minor details like tracking things along these lines would bring so much life to franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2020, 10:03 AM   #6
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
It would be substantially easier to track these in-game than IRL, because Madden actually knows both teams' playcalls and responsibilities and what's going on in each player's "head."
That’s what I was thinking to but I’m not a programmer so I don’t know the challenges with implementing this but in my mind it should be fairly easy since this stuff should already in the programming language driving the animations.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:25 AM   #7
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Here to insert the obligatory "2K has already been doing this for several years."

I would love to see advanced stats incorporated in Madden. You could have a PFF player of the game or PFF top players of the game/week (would be great to add to a weekly recap show).

I'd love to see advanced stats implemented in a "fog of war" type scenario. Instead of being able to see every rating for every player in the league like we're under the hood for all of them, I'd love to see some of those ratings replaced with advanced stats when you're scouting your opponent or potential free agents. Hell, I'd love to see this implemented some for players you're scouting for the draft. It would be infinitely more preferable to the 3 traits and a 40 time that we get now.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:53 AM   #8
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

I would love to see stuff like this, but seeing what little they have accomplished with stats in the last decade... don’t hold your breath.

They need to add in even basic stats. There is basic stuff that is way off or completely missing. I have zero confidence EA developers could add functional advanced stats like you’re talking about. It’s either lack of talent or lack of resources. Or both.

You can’t even see the team a player played for when viewing historical stats in CFM. Literally, EA doesn’t bother to track teams a player has played for.

They don’t care about CFM and stats. They only finally fixed QB’s never rushing in sim stats late this year, and it took YEARS of complaining and embarrassment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »