Home

Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.23 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.23 Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2020, 05:35 AM   #25
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Title Update tomorrow, new MUT feature announced

EA - we can't properly tune the defense so we are going to restrict your offense. This idea is one of the dumbest I've read in my 44 years of gaming.

Hey I know Maybe the NFL should restrict the 49ers run game in the Superbowl. I mean come on they ran it constantly in the NFC championship game.......If something is working you go with it until you get stopped , end of story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2020, 07:01 AM   #26
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I’ve already been doing this for years in solo franchises. I only call a unique play on offense once per half. On defense, I do the same with blitz plays. Is it realistic? No, but it’s a good house rule to prevent spamming plays against the poor AI.

From a competitive standpoint, the part of the solution should be to greatly increase play recognition vs repetitively play calling. Over effective plays need toned down. Maybe they should just remove the OP plays until tuned.

Also, people use hot routes etc to break the AI. They should implement a 1 hot route rule or make it so they take longer to happen which they did until everyone cried. The one time they listed to their user base and it was the wrong time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 01-30-2020, 07:48 AM   #27
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
I’ve already been doing this for years in solo franchises. I only call a unique play on offense once per half. On defense, I do the same with blitz plays. Is it realistic? No, but it’s a good house rule to prevent spamming plays against the poor AI.

From a competitive standpoint, the part of the solution should be to greatly increase play recognition vs repetitively play calling. Over effective plays need toned down. Maybe they should just remove the OP plays until tuned.

Also, people use hot routes etc to break the AI. They should implement a 1 hot route rule or make it so they take longer to happen which they did until everyone cried. The one time they listed to their user base and it was the wrong time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Agree with this and all the sentiment that this could be a great OPTION for offline CFM.

For those who hate it, keep it OFF, very simple.

For those who would like to use it to help keep themselves honest against the dumb CPU AI, it could be a great tool (like the percentage indicator).
Old 01-30-2020, 09:49 AM   #28
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I agree with some of the other things mentioned in this thread.

They really just need to go the route of making it optional and having an off or on for it in CFM. But they should do that with other things as well and for some reason they refuse.

I personally would use it. For me I use the suggestions so hopefully it would open the playbook a bit more like someone else said.

I also get it's not realistic but it's a video game. There is definitely things from the real NFL that don't translate well to a video game, especially for most people. I get that some people like to "lab" and figure out what stops what, etc... I don't have time to do that.

Like someone else mentioned with coordinators. A smart way to counteract this without locking plays would be based on your coordinators they could give hints for defensive calls that would stop sets if an opponent was running the same types of plays and also give bonuses to defenders with higher awareness ratings as plays get called more than a few times in a game.

Beyond coding that, in my opinion this is a way to try and change some video game cheese.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:56 AM   #29
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0

I’m sure the play restriction feature will be able to be toggled. You can all relax. I think this feature sounds pretty cool, and if it’s able to be toggled - what is the problem?

Lighten up Francis.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:33 AM   #30
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

Latest Bandage...

What a coincidence, new band-aid and madden challenge tournament, both today! Mostly new names. I'm gonna get some popcorn and get ready for the fireworks !
Old 01-30-2020, 10:40 AM   #31
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
I’m sure the play restriction feature will be able to be toggled. You can all relax. I think this feature sounds pretty cool, and if it’s able to be toggled - what is the problem?

Lighten up Francis.
I’m sure it will be an option that can be toggled off, at least it better be. I don’t have a problem with them including it for leagues that want to utilize this. I think the option to restrict the number of times a play can be ran in a game will be very useful to the leagues I’ve seen that have hard limits on that. I’m sure exactly what the solution is but there’s got to be a better way to incentivize mixing up your play calls instead of just restricting your play calling. Maybe some kind of adaptive a.i., or after a certain play is ran X amount of times the opposing team gets a temporary ratings boost in play rec and awr each time that play is called after the fact to simulate the them picking up on the playcall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2020, 11:23 AM   #32
Rookie

It’s not the worst idea but at least for franchises, locking a play isn’t a great idea.

A better “realm of reality” option is to make repeated play calls a rating boost/penalty adjustment.

On offense, if you call a play more than twice in a row your players fatigue is multiplied and your player awareness drops to simulate the effects of stagnation, perhaps BCA takes a hit and Release or route running as well. Meanwhile the defense gets a bonus to awareness and recognition and perhaps coverage, shedding get a bonus.

For the defense calling repeated plays the opposite occurs with offense getting smarter/stronger and defense suffering.

The level increases each time the play is repeated with a cool down decreasing the level every couple plays til it returns to normal.

To give this a franchise long term affect, you call a play repeatedly, your players don’t earn XP for those plays. Kinda, simulating a system where even great team can suffer if they become dependent one thing and “system players”. This will add another level to game planning in franchise.

Last edited by Gambo; 01-30-2020 at 11:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »