Home

Scouting Revamp

This is a discussion on Scouting Revamp within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2020, 06:49 AM   #1
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Scouting Revamp

Would love to see the scouting system be revamped completely for Madden 21. Instead of pressing a button 3 times, have us make real decisions.

• Give us a scouting budget based on the priorities of the GM, market-size, etc. so that we have to make decisions about how to run the department.
  • Let us send scouts to colleges, specific games, pro days, senior bowl, etc.
  • Make scouting a scale-based system (see picture) that fills in only when scouts spend a ton of time with players. This graphic is from the Move the Sticks pod is what NFL Network uses and it's based on what is used in New England, Baltimore, Philly, and around the league.
  • Make us choose what to prioritize, whether it's throughout the year or at the combine when it comes to positions of need.
  • Let us choose the prototype players we're looking for when we send out our scouts.
The whole system right now is so lame and uninvolved. It's so lame to press a button 3 times to get a grade. It's totally pointless and nothing like actual scouting. It would be great to see some actual effort put into this aspect of Franchise... saying that makes me laugh but we can all hope.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQb2VAiUYAAROyr.jpg (144.0 KB, 72 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2020, 11:18 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Scouting Revamp

I agree wholeheartedly. This scouting system needs to be thrown in the trash. The idea that I have been pitching for the past 7 years is this:

In the real NFL, all teams pretty much scout the same players. They just get different results. I want to see this reflected in the game. When I develop my own game, this is how scouting will work: you'll see the ratings of every single player in the draft, but there will be a +/- to it. For instance, Player Y might have a rating of 78, with a +/- of 12, meaning he could be a 90; he could be a 66 or anywhere in between. The stronger your personnel department is, the smaller the range will be.

And to keep up with real life, some teams do better in the late rounds or offensive players, specific positions, and so forth. So if your team is strong in the late rounds, once the 4th round comes, the +/- range gets smaller. Or maybe the range is smaller for offensive players. Whatever. We can play with it. As the OP said, you will have a front office budget, thus need to decide where you want to invest: coaching? scouting? medical? Whatever.

But to think that a GM will tell his scout "Ok, Jim, go scout Joe Burrows and tell me what his best attribute is... OK, now tell me what his second best attribute is? Ok... what about his third?" is absolutely absurd.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:50 AM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: Scouting Revamp

Love those ideas. The +/- system would be really cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »