Home

Gunslinger Superstar ability in CFM

This is a discussion on Gunslinger Superstar ability in CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2020, 04:32 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Gunslinger Superstar ability in CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
It's kind of annoying you can't manually edit abilities. I wanted to give several players with a high kick return stat the kick return ability. But the player has to be an 80 ovr receiving back. So I have to edit those players to get the requirement. Then create a new character. Pick the pre-existing player. Edit his abilities. Retire that player. Just to get some of the more obscure abilities. It would be so much easier if I could just go to edit player and change it there. Long story short. I can't give Rodgers GunSlinger in my franchise because reasons.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
Well damn. I didn’t even know there was a kick return ability. I’m still only skimming the surface of the game (got it Super Bowl weekend), and I finally have a kick returner I like. He’s really just a mediocre receiver with the best athleticism of anyone I’ve had yet, but his few extra points in speed/acceleration/agility seem to make a huge difference.

The link I posted above, then, is out of date. Anyone know the exact parameters for earning that one? Only receiving backs? If so, I might have to edit his position and start training him up and pray for a couple dev trait scenarios. Or start looking for receiving backs who can return kicks.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:04 AM   #10
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

What is the kick return ability?
Old 02-28-2020, 02:33 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
What is the kick return ability?
From what I’ve found, it’s basically the human joystick ability but specific to kick returners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2020, 10:37 AM   #12
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
It's kind of annoying you can't manually edit abilities. I wanted to give several players with a high kick return stat the kick return ability. But the player has to be an 80 ovr receiving back. So I have to edit those players to get the requirement. Then create a new character. Pick the pre-existing player. Edit his abilities. Retire that player. Just to get some of the more obscure abilities. It would be so much easier if I could just go to edit player and change it there. Long story short. I can't give Rodgers GunSlinger in my franchise because reasons.

Why can't you give Rodgers Gunslinger? I was able to give him Gunslinger the other day rerolling. Gunslinger is an x-factor based on archetype, not an ability that unlocks at a particular overall.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:06 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Why can't you give Rodgers Gunslinger? I was able to give him Gunslinger the other day rerolling. Gunslinger is an x-factor based on archetype, not an ability that unlocks at a particular overall.
I could not when I wrote this post, I'm excited that you were able to. I will try again in the morning. Maybe I was really unlucky or maybe it got fixed in one of the last two minor patches. When I tried before I could not re-roll it, I tried around 10-15 attempts, nor could I select it as an ability for a maxed-out QB in a player franchise,
Old 03-02-2020, 11:01 PM   #14
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
I could not when I wrote this post, I'm excited that you were able to. I will try again in the morning. Maybe I was really unlucky or maybe it got fixed in one of the last two minor patches. When I tried before I could not re-roll it, I tried around 10-15 attempts, nor could I select it as an ability for a maxed-out QB in a player franchise,

Well Improviser has 3 different possible X-factors, so keep rerolling until you get it. You also need to make sure the QB's top archetype is Improviser. You can edit their ratings and reroll them until you get the abilities you want. Then edit their stats back afterwards.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:23 PM   #15
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Gunslinger isn't an X-Factor ability but one of the secondary superstar abilities and it is unlocked at a certain OVR threshold.

Quote:
Now those of you who played Ultimate Team in Madden NFL 19 are familiar with the upgrade system (i.e. Power Ups) and the mechanic of getting to choose what chemistry, ability, etc. you wanted to equip for that player. The same concept is back when it comes to choosing these Superstar Abilities. You will unlock the “Tier 1 Slot” and then open it up to see what your available choices are. What’s also back is the concept of needing to meet certain OVR and/or attribute rating requirements in order to gain access to the ability. A good example of this would be Gunslinger. For Improvisors and Field Generals, you must be 95 OVR and have 95 Throw Power in order to have the option to choose Gunslinger in your Tier 3 bucket.
https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...notes-7-22-mut

Last edited by speedkills; 03-02-2020 at 11:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2020, 11:41 PM   #16
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by moTIGS
From what I’ve found, it’s basically the human joystick ability but specific to kick returners.
This. 80 ovr receiving backs can get it which is a pretty niche thing to have especially since WRs can't get it. And if you have an 80ovr receiving back you want him on offense not playing kick return. Lookong at the top returners in the last 20 years Dante Hall, Devin Hester, Cordarelle Patterson none were listed as a HB. Either corners or receivers. The only criteria should be the kick return rating. And I don't think you can upgrade that at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »