Home

Help picking a team - CFM

This is a discussion on Help picking a team - CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2020, 01:15 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Help picking a team - CFM

Co sign on Denver. I picked them for my CFM based on a random play now game where Lock hit Fant with a beautiful PA pass for a 40 yard td.

I watched the replay and said "man i love how that looked."

And that's how I made the decision.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:52 PM   #10
Rookie

I went with the Bills and am moving them to Toronto. Is it just me or does it seem to easy to acquire early round picks via trade?

For example, my strategy as soon as I took over was to sell off A) overpriced players (Star Lotulelei) or backups I have no attachment to (Yeldon and Beasley). I took the latter 2, plus a 3rd round 2020 and flipped it to the Dolphins for 1.1 (this was in the preseason).

I then flipped Josh Allen to the Bengals, plus something else(Star?) to acquire their 1st. Dolphins 1st, Bengals 1st, + My now hamstrung team's 1st netted 3 top-7 picks (1,4,7). I then traded down from 1 to 6 (Oakland wanted Burrow, I wanted Tua), acquiring an additional 2020 1st and 2021 2nd from OAK in the process.

With those (now 4 1st rounders), and using the downloaded real draft classes, I took Juedy (4), Chase Young (6), Tua (7), and Deandre Swift (~22).

Did I break my franchise before even getting going?! Point is, I can't stop acquiring top picks via trade then trading back down in the draft to further stockpile picks.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:16 PM   #11
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by willalt319
I went with the Bills and am moving them to Toronto. Is it just me or does it seem to easy to acquire early round picks via trade?

For example, my strategy as soon as I took over was to sell off A) overpriced players (Star Lotulelei) or backups I have no attachment to (Yeldon and Beasley). I took the latter 2, plus a 3rd round 2020 and flipped it to the Dolphins for 1.1 (this was in the preseason).

I then flipped Josh Allen to the Bengals, plus something else(Star?) to acquire their 1st. Dolphins 1st, Bengals 1st, + My now hamstrung team's 1st netted 3 top-7 picks (1,4,7). I then traded down from 1 to 6 (Oakland wanted Burrow, I wanted Tua), acquiring an additional 2020 1st and 2021 2nd from OAK in the process.

With those (now 4 1st rounders), and using the downloaded real draft classes, I took Juedy (4), Chase Young (6), Tua (7), and Deandre Swift (~22).

Did I break my franchise before even getting going?! Point is, I can't stop acquiring top picks via trade then trading back down in the draft to further stockpile picks.
Nah you didn't break it, it's your franchise.

To not take advantage of the crappy AI roster control you have to put house rules into place and think if it is the best move for both teams. Would Miami make that trade? Would Cincinnati give up the chance to get Burrows? When I trade in any sports game, I think if it is fair for both teams and if it fits into what they are doing.

You didn't break it, you can play how you want obviously.

But to avoid situations like these, a lot of us put our own house rules into play.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2020, 05:58 PM   #12
Rookie

steelersd26's Arena

Quote:
Discipline and self-control are your friends.
NBA: New York Knicks
NCAA: Tennessee Volunteers

Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/steelersd26

Follow my NCAA Football 22 Dynasty Here!
Old 02-06-2020, 10:08 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersd26
Discipline and self-control are your friends.
Psht, I bet you don't even occasionally put a game on rookie to win 100-0
Old 02-06-2020, 10:29 AM   #14
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:

Yeah this has long been an issue in Madden. You have to self-police to avoid taking advantage of the dumb trade AI in this game. I make myself offer a fair trade even if it's way more than what it would take to get the pick that I want.
Old 02-06-2020, 11:43 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Yeah this has long been an issue in Madden. You have to self-police to avoid taking advantage of the dumb trade AI in this game. I make myself offer a fair trade even if it's way more than what it would take to get the pick that I want.
I hear ya. The only one I feel I wouldn't make was the first one for the Dolphins pick. The Bengals ended up at 4 or 7, but think it would have been realistic for them to trade that pick for Allen/Star/3rd rd, but that's debatable.

I'm the one that gave up the chance at Burrow, So I felt it'd be completely legit to trade to OAK for 2 '20 1st's and a '21 2nd to go from 6 to 1.

Either way, I'm looking forward to starting with a young nucleus, and could probably expend Singletary at this point. I also didn't really sign any free agents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2020, 11:56 AM   #16
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
I hear ya. The only one I feel I wouldn't make was the first one for the Dolphins pick. The Bengals ended up at 4 or 7, but think it would have been realistic for them to trade that pick for Allen/Star/3rd rd, but that's debatable.

I'm the one that gave up the chance at Burrow, So I felt it'd be completely legit to trade to OAK for 2 '20 1st's and a '21 2nd to go from 6 to 1.

Either way, I'm looking forward to starting with a young nucleus, and could probably expend Singletary at this point. I also didn't really sign any free agents.
Dude 100%. And at the end of the day, it's your league. I usually use the generated draft classes and if there's an insane talent then I trade away whatever it takes to go up and get them. It's fun playing with crazy good young players that have potential, even if it leaves you with holes at other spots in the roster and dead cap money.

I just started a Chiefs franchise last week with live rosters, so I played the super bowl and then continued with them. I had the 32nd pick. There was a RB who was insane. Projected to go #4 OVR, was #1 in all of the speed categories, had talent of an early 1st rounder. I really wanted him. I didn't want to sell off everything, so i was patient. He lasted until pick #9 and I traded my #1 (32), Damien Williams (82 OVR), and a mid round pick to get up there and grab him. Maybe not 100% realistic but totally worth it.

There's a 6'5" Deep Threat WR in the next class that's supposed to go early and have talent of an early 1st rounder... you better believe I'm going to trade some of my picks and young players to go up and get him if he runs well at the combine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »