Home

Sacks becoming way to easy

This is a discussion on Sacks becoming way to easy within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2020, 08:55 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Sacks becoming way to easy

My buddy and I play online franchise on all-madden and I don't know whats going on but all of a sudden it is way to easy to get sacks. We are probably averaging 4-6 a game. I have tried to turning the computer pass blocking and run blocking slider up to 85 to make it harder but maybe I dont really understand how sliders work cause that is not helping. Anyone have any ideas? Also as a note we play with superstar abilities off and we don't sign free agents so we only use the guys we draft to add to our team.

Thanks

Last edited by niftyjets; 02-10-2020 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Add info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2020, 09:00 AM   #2
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Sacks becoming way to easy

What skill level are you guys playing on? Are you and your buddy the only two users in this league? Are you talking about getting to many sacks when playing each other or against the CPU?
Old 02-10-2020, 09:04 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
What skill level are you guys playing on? Are you and your buddy the only two users in this league? Are you talking about getting to many sacks when playing each other or against the CPU?

We play on all-madden and yes we are the only people in the league. So it's mostly us vs the CPU. Only time we play each other really is if we both make the superbowl or randomly during the regular season
Old 02-10-2020, 09:22 AM   #4
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
We play on all-madden and yes we are the only people in the league. So it's mostly us vs the CPU. Only time we play each other really is if we both make the superbowl or randomly during the regular season
Hmm…
Interesting, I also play on all madden and actually had to lower the CPU pass blocking slider to get more realistic pressure on the CPU. Before I decreased that slider I even had my rushers with abilities pretty much get stonewalled for entire games. If it was on all-pro I was going to say you might want to increase the CPU pass block slider because rushers with abilities will get a lot of insta sheds and the CPU will hold on to the ball to long on all pro.

Another suggestion I have that I do after seeing it in a few slider sets is to turn off intentional grounding. I have it turned off and the CPU seems to get rid of the ball quicker and take less sacks, you just have to keep yourself in check and not throw away the ball inside of the tackles to take advantage of the penalty being off. Also be mindful that even on all-madden there are certain coverages you can call that if you know what to take away with a user defender you can force coverage sacks quite often. You have to mix up your coverages and keep yourself honest to make sure your not going to those plays often. Especially cover 4, I can force the CPU in to a coverage sack more often than not if I take away a certain part of the field with a user.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:52 AM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Having user coverage sliders adjusted to tighten down coverage can cause a ton of coverage sacks as well. The problem with AM is that the CPU is VERY risk-averse and thus does a very poor job of attacking tight coverage.

This ties directly into what Shosum said. If you use sliders to improve user coverage and take away the underneath stuff with the guy you user, the CPU will be too hesitant and will absorb sacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2020, 09:57 AM   #6
Rookie

NickyJay's Arena

OVR: 0

Sacks have been super easy for me on All-Madden, both with default 50-50 sliders and Matt10's All-Madden sliders. Any 3-4 defense I take, I can call Pinch Buck 0 out of 3-4 Even and user the ILB that covers the RB. Rush him along with the rest and it's almost a guaranteed sack. The AI never adjusts to it, so my LBs always win awards and dev traits at the end of the year. It makes me feel guilty sometimes. Only sometimes.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:22 AM   #7
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyJay
Sacks have been super easy for me on All-Madden, both with default 50-50 sliders and Matt10's All-Madden sliders. Any 3-4 defense I take, I can call Pinch Buck 0 out of 3-4 Even and user the ILB that covers the RB. Rush him along with the rest and it's almost a guaranteed sack. The AI never adjusts to it, so my LBs always win awards and dev traits at the end of the year. It makes me feel guilty sometimes. Only sometimes.
That’s because your sitting there abusing the meta defense this year. Man blitzes, especially press man blitzes are hands down the meta on defense this year and the a.i. does a terrible job of adjusting to it. This is why I make it a point to vary my play calling on both sides of the ball. Plays like any of the pinch buck blitzes are overpowered enough even against other users, against the CPU who never adjusts they are pretty much unstoppable especially if also run press coverage with it. Every once in a while I will lean on plays like this if I’ve had one of those games where I’m behind by a bit and feel cheated by the all-madden a.i., but I try to only call them once or twice a game. It’s your franchise though so you can choose to play how you want.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:58 AM   #8
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Having user coverage sliders adjusted to tighten down coverage can cause a ton of coverage sacks as well. The problem with AM is that the CPU is VERY risk-averse and thus does a very poor job of attacking tight coverage.

This ties directly into what Shosum said. If you use sliders to improve user coverage and take away the underneath stuff with the guy you user, the CPU will be too hesitant and will absorb sacks.
I’m actually playing my solo franchises on all-madden with very minimal slider adjustments. Mostly just a decrease to both user and CPU QB accuracy to get rid of robo-QB on the CPU side and increase the difficulty on the user side as well. I also decreased the CPU pass block slider which was touchy, if you set it too low the CPU doesn’t take any chances and throws to a check down route almost every play. If you set the slider to high the only way to get pressure is by sending blitzes, even superstar and x factor rushers will be rendered pretty much ineffective. I think I have it set at like 30-35 which has been giving me good results but like I said I also turned intentional grounding off because to my understanding that helps the CPU get the ball out quicker and throw it away more often so it takes less coverage sacks. Even playing with no slider adjustments to coverage you can still force coverage sacks fairly easily out of certain zone coverages if you know what to take away with a user defender so I try not to lean on that.

As much as I wish I could play on all-pro because I feel like you get more realistic results animation wise no matter what slider set I tried I couldn’t challenge myself. On all-madden while you still get some of the weird results with the CPU seemingly getting boosts sometimes it’s not as bad as it used to be in madden. That’s why I play on AM because it really makes me focus grind out wins.

Last edited by Shosum13; 02-10-2020 at 11:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »