Home

Josh Looman Leaving Madden Team, After 17 Years - Creator of Franchise Mode, MUT, NFL Head Coach 09 & More

This is a discussion on Josh Looman Leaving Madden Team, After 17 Years - Creator of Franchise Mode, MUT, NFL Head Coach 09 & More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2020, 09:43 PM   #33
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Josh Looman Leaving Madden Team, After 17 Years - Creator of Franchise Mode, MUT,

I feel like I'm just being meme'd on now so I dunno what to think honestly. You're coming on so strong, it almost feels manufactured. If you're being serious, you have to dial it back a little.

If you want to post tweets and videos about this, you can do that -- though without some nuance I don't think the thread would stay open long -- I was simply trying to say this does not exactly seem like the thread for it.

Last edited by ChaseB; 02-14-2020 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:56 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Josh Looman Leaving Madden Team, After 17 Years - Creator of Franchise Mode, MUT,

i dont know whether to be happy or sad

i wish him the best rl > all

since cfm/connected was introduced franchise went down the toilet imo. hco6/09, ncaa14, madden 08 and others, and nfl25 all had bits that were better than most later maddens. they stripped things out as mut progressed and reintroduced some as new features saying how good they were to us

i bear Josh no ill will, i do distrust EA and the NFL more to continue with a meaningful franchise experience now though
Old 02-15-2020, 05:04 PM   #35
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk1317
If he had meant CFM, he would've written the acronym, not the lengthier Franchise Mode.
Also, I was not calling anyone a liar, I was making a factual statement. I guess you want to keep your site members in the dark, so you can remain in good standing with EA/Tiburon. I could post tweets and videos, ones that prove EA/Tiburon boldly lied to US, the consumer.
I did not post an opinion, I posted FACTS. Tell me, I beg of you, what does this site have against the TRUTH?
I've given EA praise when praise is due, but I've also really heavily criticized the company on this site. None of my posts have ever been taken down and nobody has ever asked that I refrain from criticism. You just have to do it in a way that's tactful and well-reasoned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2020, 11:09 AM   #36
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Franchise mode is the ONLY way I play Madden. So that I didn't completely quit playing Madden, I have to give big thanks to Josh Looman. Time will tell if this is a positive or negative for Madden, but I'm glad to hear it's 100% positive for him.

Good luck in the future! I didn't like everything in franchise mode, and I'm certain he was shut down on many ideas for what he wanted to do, but I appreciate what was created over the years.
Old 02-16-2020, 05:20 PM   #37
Banned

AUTHENTICNFLNBA's Arena

NOBODY SAID ANYTHING!!! Could this guy be on his way over to Visual Concepts??? NFL2K20 ANYBODY!!
Old 02-17-2020, 11:54 AM   #38
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

My “bye Felicia” post was deleted for being “dumb.”

I would like to explain my use of the phrase.

“Bye Felicia” comes from the 1995 film “Friday” when Ice Cube’s character Craig dismissively says goodbye to Angela Mean’s character, Felicia. Craig is often annoyed by Felicia and her shortcomings and is thankful when she leaves in the referenced scene. Due to the popularity of the movie, “Bye Felicia” became a saying in American pop culture when you are saying goodbye to someone in a dismissive way. A way in which you’re thankful they are gone.

Now, I’ll say I wish Josh Looman well, and his family, and I hope he was great success in whatever he strives for, and that his family has the success hard work deserves. Josh Looman worked hard. But I am a results man.

So having that said... I’m glad he is leaving. Franchise mode in Madden has lagged behind franchise mode in other AAA titles for years, and lacks direction, and is bland and boring after a couple seasons. Fact. Many aspects of the mode have gone unchanged for years; it lacks even basic stat tracking like “team played for.”

So maybe Looman leaving is good, maybe it is bad.... but I am in favor of ANY change that MIGHT bring positive changes to Franchise mode. Maybe Franchise mode will still stink after Looman, or maybe it will get better. Since it has been a stinker of a mode for a DECADE... I’ll take my chances with ANYONE else working on that mode, as with him being there it has not led to a good franchise mode. I’m sorry to say but it’s true.

I long for an engaging Franchise mode. He could have worked there another 10 years, but it was hard to believe after the past 10 years, that would be a good thing.

Bye Mr. Looman
Old 02-17-2020, 01:46 PM   #39
Rookie

Me, Jack English, Ozzy Jones, Mike Zazzali, and Maceo Sweetney wish Josh Looman the best of luck!
Old 02-17-2020, 02:33 PM   #40
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
My “bye Felicia” post was deleted for being “dumb.”

Thanks for explaining to those that saw the original post.

I was one of them that didn't see it and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »