Home

Josh Looman Leaving Madden Team, After 17 Years - Creator of Franchise Mode, MUT, NFL Head Coach 09 & More

This is a discussion on Josh Looman Leaving Madden Team, After 17 Years - Creator of Franchise Mode, MUT, NFL Head Coach 09 & More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2020, 04:04 PM   #41
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Josh Looman Leaving Madden Team, After 17 Years - Creator of Franchise Mode, MUT,

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Thanks for explaining to those that saw the original post.

I was one of them that didn't see it and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
You didn't miss anything, all it said was "bye Felicia" haha

So the second attempt was really the first attempt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2020, 06:34 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Josh Looman Leaving Madden Team, After 17 Years - Creator of Franchise Mode, MUT,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
And Kane is pretty much the only developer that still comes around in these forums. I it’s know not as often as he used to but he’ll still chime in on threads having to do with equipment from time to time and has attempted to answer questions if people direct them at him.
Uniforms were a joke before Kane. Always little things, and who could forget the Madden tradition to mess up two different random uniforms each year. I swear I thought they did it on purpose.!!
Old 02-18-2020, 11:45 AM   #43
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Not sure how to feel about his departure to be frank, except to wish him well in his future endeavours.

It's my understanding that it was Looman who was largely responsible for the old franchise mode and the Head Coach games , which for many represent the high water mark for these type of game modes

However it is also my understanding that he was the driving force for the current implementation of CFM ( with its cart before horse progression system , its inflexibile structure and drop off in features from its predecessor ) and a major proponent ( along with Mike Young ) of the Longshot modes , which I feel have seriously impacted on CFMs development.

A few years ago he would do yearly podcast interviews with people from this forum and would seem genuinely invested in improving the mode , however the last one I listened to did offer a slightly worrying ( to me ) insight into the future and gave indications that the Longshot type mode was where he hoped the future was going

He also used to occasionally interact on twitter , before it became too toxic , and I remember having a lengthy interaction with him over XP , where he insisted progression based on production was realistic as it reflected the weekly roster updates that EA pushes out , which left a sour taste in my mouth

So all together mixed feelings , but wish him well
Old 02-19-2020, 11:14 AM   #44
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

I did a Q&A with him years ago about NFL Head Coach '09 prior to its release.

Link: http://www.wildbillschiefs.com/conte...iew.php?id=541

The formatting has gone to heck but it's still readable. It was cool of him to agree to it given we weren't one of the major gaming sites and just a Chiefs fansite. Reading it now makes me want to play HC '09 again. Some good stuff in there.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:57 AM   #45
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

I think the people above Looman held him back from making franchise better. EA wanted to push online play and that’s where the focus went.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2020, 04:04 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 7

If with you on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPowell007
It’s not a coincidence that everyone is leaving that’s been working on Madden. Your product stinks. What happen to the madden that you use to have radio shows play in the background in the franchise mode menu, training camps, Chris Colinsworth show track(or whatever that feature is called) fight for the fumble. They have scrapped good things about the game I mean hell the challenge system has been broke for decades in franchise when you look at team rankings they don’t even list team seeds they FREAKIN LIST OVERALL TEAM RANKING!!!!!! This product is broke and stupid me still buys the product PRAYING they get there heads out there a** and listen to the fans. I live and die by franchise I’m sorry I hate ultimate team and always will just not my thing and just pray one year that they basically steal my money I actually will be surprised and go back to the days of PS1 and PS2 days. Sorry for my rant but the good people like Josh who care about the game are leaving cause the company does not give A rats you know what about the fans just that money. #SELLTO2K
Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-21-2020, 07:02 PM   #47
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I wish him well. It doesn’t erase the fact that his biggest contribution was a flop imo. It also doesn’t help that he was pretty dismissive of people who complained about connected franchise when it first was introduced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I second this...Spot on...👍
Old 02-21-2020, 10:00 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
(Fight for the fumble was a bad gameplay feature)
I hated the radio show that guy was ranting about, too.

It's almost like "listening to fans" doesn't result in the monolithic attitudes people like to claim it does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »