Home

Any playbooks without shotgun?

This is a discussion on Any playbooks without shotgun? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2020, 05:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Any playbooks without shotgun?

Trying to make a 1970s base historical playbook to use for teams from that era (as far as I know Dallas/Landry was the only one who used it)...

However, every team’s playbook attempted to edit seems to not allow full removal of the formation. I know in previous iterations of Madden there used to be at least one playbook (generic wc?, maybe)...Is there a way to set this up Madden 20?

Thank you for any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2020, 06:54 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Any playbooks without shotgun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by exeter
Trying to make a 1970s base historical playbook to use for teams from that era (as far as I know Dallas/Landry was the only one who used it)...

However, every team’s playbook attempted to edit seems to not allow full removal of the formation. I know in previous iterations of Madden there used to be at least one playbook (generic wc?, maybe)...Is there a way to set this up Madden 20?

Thank you for any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
In every coaches base playbook I've tried in order to create a custom playbook, the "4-minute safe situation play" has always been married to a play in Shotgun formation. I have not tried them all.

Here's what you can try; Select a playbook and go into a formation you wish to keep. Choose a play in that formation you also want to keep and copy it to every gameplan situation, except Hail Mary. Next, attempt to delete all Shotgun formations. Best of luck.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:44 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Dont believe you can remove a formation. Try Iteachhistory78 80's run heavy playbook in share. He only has shotgun for Hail Marys. Great book for 60's and 70's.

C
Old 02-15-2020, 08:08 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Dont believe you can remove a formation. Try Iteachhistory78 80's run heavy playbook in share. He only has shotgun for Hail Marys. Great book for 60's and 70's.

C
Formations, other than those with plays married to Hail Mary or 4 minute situation, can absolutely be removed when building a custom playbook.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:23 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Formations, other than those with plays married to Hail Mary or 4 minute situation, can absolutely be removed when building a custom playbook.
Oh..ok...he should also try that playbook I mentioned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2020, 10:16 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Oh..ok...he should also try that playbook I mentioned.
Good tips on those online books my CT neighbor. Funny that the OP mentioned Landry as connected to Shotgun. Growing up as a Cowboys fan, I remember asking my Dad why is Staubach standing so far back from the line..? lol Good times.

I still run quite a bit of my offense from 12 or 21 personnel, but I couldn't possibly imagine doing this 100% of the time.

Different strokes for different folks. There are NFL coaches right now, McVay comes to immediate mind, that run very few packages, but do a great job of mixing plenty of concepts from them. All different ways to approach it, depending on one's own philosophy.
Old 02-15-2020, 11:43 AM   #7
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

There are playbooks that will allow you to delete shotgun formations but I forget which one. I've been creating tons of playbooks as of late and when I start from a base playbook I know where are atleast two that will allow you to delete the shotgun formations as their "safe play" is one located in the single back formation. I think it's one of the first playbooks if you go alphabetically. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »