Home

Hidden Dev Bug

This is a discussion on Hidden Dev Bug within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2020, 10:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hidden Dev Bug

I am sorry if this has been posted, I had a rookie RB go from Normal to Star through a breakout sessions. Now that he is start the dev is showing as hidden and the plays are not updated week to week. Does this happen every time a rookie gets a dev trait increase?

Example: Would it happen after the dev trait is revealed and you get a break out scenario?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2020, 03:42 PM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: Hidden Dev Bug

Man this stuff is weird. There's a lot of bugs with these hidden traits. If you get another scenario and he gets to SS it should immediately show that. Otherwise you'll just have to wait until the end of the year for the trait to no longer be hidden.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Man this stuff is weird. There's a lot of bugs with these hidden traits. If you get another scenario and he gets to SS it should immediately show that. Otherwise you'll just have to wait until the end of the year for the trait to no longer be hidden.
Yeah I knew they were buggy, but I haven't seen this before. I was under the assumption that you can't get break outs while they have a hidden dev trait. I have zero evidence, I just haven't seen it while playing this game.

Happy to wait until the end of the season for it to be revealed, but I was hoping for another opportunity to get to SS. I would have been pissed if I went from Star to SS and then it went hidden. Need those abilities.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:35 AM   #4
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsfan15
Yeah I knew they were buggy, but I haven't seen this before. I was under the assumption that you can't get break outs while they have a hidden dev trait. I have zero evidence, I just haven't seen it while playing this game.

Happy to wait until the end of the season for it to be revealed, but I was hoping for another opportunity to get to SS. I would have been pissed if I went from Star to SS and then it went hidden. Need those abilities.

Yeah you can definitely get a break out scenario even when they have a hidden dev trait. Just got one last night for my OLB who was hidden and then became a SS after i completed it.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:42 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Yeah you can definitely get a break out scenario even when they have a hidden dev trait. Just got one last night for my OLB who was hidden and then became a SS after i completed it.
That is good to know! Makes this situation less annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2020, 10:08 AM   #6
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
That is good to know! Makes this situation less annoying.

Yeah man less annoying being the key word haha.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just ran into this bug.

I upgraded my HB to SS dev but I guess I won't see it unlocked until the season is over. I can live with that but does that mean he doesn't get benefit of his SS abilities until then too?
Old 02-24-2020, 03:48 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
I am sorry if this has been posted, I had a rookie RB go from Normal to Star through a breakout sessions. Now that he is start the dev is showing as hidden and the plays are not updated week to week. Does this happen every time a rookie gets a dev trait increase?

Example: Would it happen after the dev trait is revealed and you get a break out scenario?

So I had a rookie WR who had a similar, but slightly worse development status experience.

Going into the season, he was going to be my #4 receiver, but then:
Week 1 - my #1 receiver went down for six weeks, the rookie moved into the slot.
Week 2 (which I simmed) - He exploded for a 100 yard day
Week 3 - He got a breakout scenario, which I succeeded at, to boost his dev trait from Normal to Star
Week 4 (also simmed) - Another 100 yard day
Week 5 - He got a second breakout scenario, which I also succeeded at, to boost his dev trait from Star to Superstar

[as an aside - thanks to all the XPs from four monster games in a row, plus succeeding at two breakout scenarios - his OVR went from 73 to 80 in just five weeks!!]

The problem - rather than immediately becoming a Superstar, instead his Development Trait became hidden. Which meant that he didn't actually get to use his new ability until the following season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »