Home

The pass rush is a joke in this game

This is a discussion on The pass rush is a joke in this game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2020, 05:06 PM   #9
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The pass rush is a joke in this game

I like it. You have to be aware of elite edge rushers and constantly account for them. I absolutely hate playing against the current Broncos for that reason. Double-teams do work most of the time but not always (as it should be) but the trade off it leaves you vulnerable to other rushers. For the first time in Madden, edge rushers are the game changers they are IRL. There's a reason that other than QBs, they are the most important position on the field.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:06 AM   #10
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys1879safc
Six ****ing sacks given up to Cam Jordan. What an absolute joke this game is. If an edge rusher has an X then you can guarentee you’re getting sacked at least 4 times off them.

EA how many years have you been making these games? Yet you’re still ****ing clueless.
Step 1: Turn off the arcade mode known as Superstar/X-Factor abilities.
Step 2: Use checkdowns.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:48 AM   #11
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Change your gameplan. Quick passes can easily neutralize them. Use screens, slants, checkdowns etc. My only gripe is the fact that you can't use the run to set up a pass and vice versa. The CPU doesn't account for your tendancies so it's hard to outsmart them from a play calling standpoint.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2020, 12:23 PM   #12
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

I think anyone can agree they are overpowered, but before I play a team that has a SS X factor d line guy I will go and turn it down to either SS or just star for the game. They still make impacts but not as severe.

It sucks when you have X factor guys on the d line and they don’t get as much pressure
Old 03-25-2020, 12:26 PM   #13
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
I think anyone can agree they are overpowered, but before I play a team that has a SS X factor d line guy I will go and turn it down to either SS or just star for the game. They still make impacts but not as severe.

It sucks when you have X factor guys on the d line and they don’t get as much pressure

Turning them down to star rerolls their superstar/x-factor abilities when you change it back. Wouldn't recommend doing that.

They aren't overpowered though. They help balance the CPU performance in my opinion and really make elite pass rushers stand out like they should. In so many previous Maddens the pass rush was weak and only ever reached the QB if the QB scrambled into a containment sack or took 5+ sec in the pocket.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:46 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
100% Disagree.

It's not unrealistic. Just utilize double teams, stay in the pocket, step up in the pocket, utilize screens & quick passes, and commit to the run. If you keep doing the same stuff all game without adapting then yes, you're going to give up 6 sacks to one dude. But can you honestly blame that laziness and refusal to adapt on the game?

The pass rush isn’t what makes it unrealistic. It’s how slow the routes are run that makes it that way. Not to mention that the CPU is able to jam just about everything regardless of press/release ratings. You don’t have near the time to throw that you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2020, 09:43 AM   #15
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
The pass rush isn’t what makes it unrealistic. It’s how slow the routes are run that makes it that way. Not to mention that the CPU is able to jam just about everything regardless of press/release ratings. You don’t have near the time to throw that you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the Chiefs in my Franchise and Bosa demolishes me every game, but it's awesome because he should. Go 5 wide and you'll have plenty of options in the quick passing game, especially if you hot-route wisely. No Madden game has ever forced us to adapt to pass rush the way this one does and it's awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2020, 10:00 AM   #16
Pro

The OP definitely has a point. When you are playing against an X Factor DE, forget about it. He's going to be a force the entire time. Double teaming does help but you're going have to get rid of the ball quickly. And forget about bootlegging to that side.

Where the OP is off cursing and whining like a 3 year old isn't going to help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »