Home

The pass rush is a joke in this game

This is a discussion on The pass rush is a joke in this game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2020, 02:42 PM   #25
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The pass rush is a joke in this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Either way, it doesn’t dispute the fact that routes are run too slow in comparison to the rush and pass coverage is as bad as we’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree with all of that. What difficulty are you playing on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2020, 09:36 PM   #26
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I check the replay. Usually there's a checkdown that was available or an open receiver somewhere. I also wish playaction neutralized them more. Those are almost guaranteed sacks.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
Agreed. Which is the opposite of real football. In real football, play action slows down the pass rush, especially with teams whose D-lineman are taught to read (Like Univ of Utah).
Old 04-05-2020, 01:26 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I disagree with all of that. What difficulty are you playing on?

All-Pro and All-Madden. It doesn’t matter which.

I had a comparison video awhile back showing Larry Fitzgerald running a 10 yard dig in M20 in comparison to some real life WR running the same route. It was a half a second slower in Madden and yet the time to throw is still very quick.

Also, idk how you can dispute pass coverage being bad because it is well beyond that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2020, 10:45 AM   #28
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
Agreed. Which is the opposite of real football. In real football, play action slows down the pass rush, especially with teams whose D-lineman are taught to read (Like Univ of Utah).
I don’t mind how often guys like Jordan and Lawrence beat their man. And honestly if the tackle is highly rated I see a drastic change in their performance. The issue I see is when the tackle is poo poo and getting their butt whooped. That on its face is fine in fact welcomed. I just don’t see the CPU doing everything in their power to stop that DE. Double him every play, Leave the half back in to protect, Use quick passes, Throw the ball away instead of spinning in the pocket. The CPU needs to do more to prevent the 4+ sack games that would occur in real life if these garbage tackles didn’t get the help they need to handle their man. That’s what I see anyway.

Last edited by Dwaresacksqb; 04-05-2020 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:06 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 6

How do I double team a player and how do I leave a Hb in to protect ?
Old 04-05-2020, 06:17 PM   #30
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk
How do I double team a player and how do I leave a Hb in to protect ?

You can slide protection so that the line will account for the rush stronger from the left, right, middle, or outside. And for the RB all you need to do is hot route the RB to pass protect (R2 on playstation).
Old 04-05-2020, 06:40 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
You can slide protection so that the line will account for the rush stronger from the left, right, middle, or outside. And for the RB all you need to do is hot route the RB to pass protect (R2 on playstation).
You can also specifically double team one rusher. It's done from the slide protectiin menu as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2020, 06:56 PM   #32
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't really feel like the pass rush is much different in M20 than M19 just speaking from the standpoint of playing on All-Madden against the CPU. The abilities have only made them slightly more effective IMO but overall pass rush doesn't really feel much different this year than last. One thing I have noticed with 20 though is that it seems like defenders will often win quicker when facing a double team than they will in 1-on-1's which is weird.

Overall, I do feel like the balance is heavily skewed towards the rush. Keeping a running back in to block can help but often the running back will just stand around and do nothing to help you at all. Keeping a TE in usually just results in him blocking an elite rusher 1-on-1 which is almost always an insta-shed.

In addition to that, there really isn't an equivalent to the super wins or just wins in general that we see for rushers. When a pass rusher wins, it almost always results in a free, unabated lane to the quarterback. A "win" for an offensive lineman, even those with abilities is just holding on longer until they still inevitably lose. They don't ever throw guys to the ground or wash them out of plays like you see in real life. Then as a QB, unless you have escape artist, you're pretty much wearing cement shoes until you cross the LoS. If you break a sack it takes so long to regain control of the QB that by the time you do, you've already been sacked by someone else. There's also times where you can get three-quarters of the way through a throw animation just to get sucked into a sack animation and not be able to throw the ball.

You can call quick and short routes but like it was mentioned, receivers get into their routes extremely slow and will also do stuff like this:

I feel like line play as whole desperately needs an overhaul because it's still way too binary and doesn't really feel natural or organic at all and while I do like the necessity to be aware and plan around these players, it feels a bit heavy handed IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »