Home

Position on Defense

This is a discussion on Position on Defense within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2020, 05:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Position on Defense

What position does everyone like to play on Defense this year? I've heard a lot so MLB or Safety are the best positions to play this year but was curious to see what others are doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2020, 06:21 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Position on Defense

I’ve been a life long d line user but this year I’ve switched to MLB and it’s a ton of fun even though I make tons of bad reads. It does feel a little like I’m cheating though since the cpu doesn’t really push the ball downfield, so if you can guard the middle you pretty much entirely shut the cpu down
Old 04-11-2020, 06:59 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I’ve been a life long d line user but this year I’ve switched to MLB and it’s a ton of fun even though I make tons of bad reads. It does feel a little like I’m cheating though since the cpu doesn’t really push the ball downfield, so if you can guard the middle you pretty much entirely shut the cpu down
I used to user LB and then moved to d line because rushing the QB was my favorite thing to do when I played in school, but I think I'm gonna move back to LB
Old 04-12-2020, 09:14 AM   #4
Banned

I user the ROLB. I think I’m the user Derrick Brooks/Lance Briggs. This is helpful vs other users because most people read the field left to right.. and they look slot first. I like to disrupt that read with pressing the WR before dropping into my assignment

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-12-2020, 09:47 AM   #5
MVP

I like to user the slot CB, or maybe one of the outside CBs if I'm in Cover 3.

Sometimes the CPU gets me with a double move and I end up leaving their WR wide open so it helps the CPU actually throw a deep shot from time to time. Sometimes I track them stride for stride though and get a pick so I feel it strikes a nice balance.

If a CPU WR is killing me, I'll sometimes user a safety and manually double team them.

I used to user the MLB but that got boring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2020, 07:05 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I started out on the defensive line, tried linebacker and sucked, tried safety and got bored, tried super simming back to offense and felt incomplete, and eventually settled on playing my No. 1 corner, who moves into the slot in nickel and dime.

This particular corner is an insane athlete (97/95/98 speed/accel/agility), so if I screw up, he can usually get back into the play to limit damage. And I’ve enjoyed nothing more in this game than baiting a QB into a pass then taking it in for a pick six. In 11 games this season (his second), he “only” has five interceptions with two taken in for scores (plus a sack/fumble that a DL took in for a score), so I’m not one of those people who have perfected the user lurk int.

It’s a bit annoying at times playing the wide corner spot when the camera angle cuts him out of the play at the snap, but I’m usually just backpedaling the same way regardless.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:48 AM   #7
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

LB is the most fun to me and it's the easiest because I've been doing it for so long. I was getting 25+ INTs on All Madden 5 min Q's my last few seasons with my LB.

Switched to FS and that's been a lot of fun. Can't impact the game quite as much so you have to rely on the rest of your defense and it's fun to learn a new position. Pressing WR's/TE's and being disciplined in zone cov & run fits is a fun challenge.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:47 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

I really like controlling FS, I would always go between MLB mostly or D-Line for obvious passing downs. FS provides a new element of risk/reward because with this year, you can get beat deep by the CPU if you cheat in too much on the run off the snap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »