Home

Let's talk about the Madden draft classes

This is a discussion on Let's talk about the Madden draft classes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2020, 01:48 PM   #9
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Let's talk about the Madden draft classes

^^ Agreed. The only spot that I see elite athleticism is at CB and Safety. Hard to find it elsewhere.

The biggest issue with the drafting/scouting system is the way we see what talent the player is. If a 6th round OL prospect has 1st round talent, they go in the first round in a user league and at least by the 3rd/4th in a cpu league. That's not how gems work in real life. People didn't know that Brady was an "Early 1st Round Talent" with a 6th round grade and they decided to see how late they could get him... they had no idea. So telling us ahead of time that guys will be studs kind of ruins the idea of hidden gems. Same with busts. It just doesn't make sense.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:05 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13

For my side franchises I run against the CPU I always use custom classes because I love having real prospects. Unfortunately for my online leagues we run with the generated classes that way no one has an idea of the ratings. I would love for EA to implement a feature where you could upload a custom class and it would randomize the dev traits and randomize the ratings within a range of the what the class was originally so the player builds stay similar to what they are supposed to be.
I’d love for them to give me a way to give a framework of how I want the draft class to look without me knowing the ratings or dev traits
Old 04-14-2020, 03:09 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
^^ Agreed. The only spot that I see elite athleticism is at CB and Safety. Hard to find it elsewhere.

The biggest issue with the drafting/scouting system is the way we see what talent the player is. If a 6th round OL prospect has 1st round talent, they go in the first round in a user league and at least by the 3rd/4th in a cpu league. That's not how gems work in real life. People didn't know that Brady was an "Early 1st Round Talent" with a 6th round grade and they decided to see how late they could get him... they had no idea. So telling us ahead of time that guys will be studs kind of ruins the idea of hidden gems. Same with busts. It just doesn't make sense.
You could maybe argue Brady was a 6th round pick, with a 3rd/4th round grade and the Superstar ability, so developed massively during his first NFL season. Maybe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2020, 11:17 PM   #12
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

I couldn’t imagine how bad a lot of players in my Franchise would be without completely redoing the draft classes myself. At first I thought I might be getting a little too heavy handed with it, but it seems like everything is falling in place. I don’t know why they make receivers so low throughout all the draft classes. You have to start making a few high 60 to mid 70 guys because most receivers seem to be in the 50s or low 60s.

Without manually changing or using custom classes, nearly all the drafted players heading into my 4th season would be at the bottom of the depth chart still or really low quality FAs.
Old 04-15-2020, 01:02 PM   #13
MVP

pimpinpidgeon8's Arena

OVR: 10

So since the auto generated classes aren't the best ... what's the best PS4 drafts classes to use in its place?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2020, 04:50 PM   #14
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I've played 10 seasons, and only after looking at this thread and having most of the original elite real players retire did I actually take a really serious look at the rosters produced by the Madden draft classes, man what a mess.

As has been mentioned the athleticism of the players is quite often too low, and the progression isn't accelerated enough to allow those high 70s OVR top draft picks to become high 90s players regardless of their dev trait or awards that they win.

Since I had just finished a season before looking at the rosters, I've been taking this week to fix my entire league to not be so talent depleted. Going forward I'm going to use Custom classes and even then after each draft I will audit the draft picks to keep a solid league roster going forward.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-16-2020, 11:51 PM   #15
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

The classes used to have some really great players in them that could start right away (like in real life). They also used to have the randomized progression where players would suddenly be a lot better in year 2 (like real life). But people complained this was too unrealistic and we ended up with the low rated and boring rookies we have now that take years to start and are incredibly boring.

I wish they'd bring back the old system, with the NFL Head Coach template. Jack English, De'Andre Orange, and the boys. It was fun to draft a guy and then see him suddenly explode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2020, 01:56 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
The classes used to have some really great players in them that could start right away (like in real life). They also used to have the randomized progression where players would suddenly be a lot better in year 2 (like real life). But people complained this was too unrealistic and we ended up with the low rated and boring rookies we have now that take years to start and are incredibly boring.

I wish they'd bring back the old system, with the NFL Head Coach template. Jack English, De'Andre Orange, and the boys. It was fun to draft a guy and then see him suddenly explode.
This is contradictory, as you note that previous classes you accepted, but current classes you don’t, when the only thing that has been done is widen the OVR scale being used for Player Differentiation.

Generated Player positional ratings are still using the same range they’ve been at since M25.

The only thing that’s changed is the weight of the “Fluff Rating” (AWR) that’s always been used to increase OVR’s.

Players with higher “positional ratings” actually make the game “easier” for the User and function as User help aids.
- WR’s get greater separation making them wide open
- less knockouts allowing you fling it knowing they’re going holds on to the ball even after getting hit
- 80’s QB Accuracies greatly reduce LS Stick Aiming Sensitivity
- **90+ THP bypasses any Def coverage rating with supersonic warp throws
etc.., etc..., etc

What it is is that we’ve grown accustomed to the high positional ratings help aids and being forced to play with the new Spread Scale and the lower positional ratings for once, is creating gameplay challenges many Users are not accustomed to and/or just flat out don’t want.

It’s interesting to read in previous years how folks complained about the lack of any evident Player Differentiation during gameplay and/or User Challenge, yet they are downloading and playing with Draft Classes consisting of edited increased players ratings that lead to producing the very thing that they where complaining about. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »