Home

Franchise mode consensus.

This is a discussion on Franchise mode consensus. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2020, 09:09 PM   #9
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise mode consensus.

Sliders + Custom draft classes + House Rules. = Extremely fun.
Old 04-27-2020, 01:20 PM   #10
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Franchise is awesome. This game is definitely worth your time. Closing in on 500 hours in Madden 20 - all of it in solo Franchise. Contract demands are more realistic. The cap slowly increases, as do contract demands, over time. I'm 11 years into my current franchise and i'll probably stick with it until 21 comes out.

As far as Madden 21, it's hard to say. They didn't touch anything in their QB1 mode after launch, even insanely obvious and prevalent bugs, so I would assume they will scrap it for this year. Maybe Franchise gets that dev time & resources, but I've learned to keep expectations low.
Old 04-27-2020, 01:27 PM   #11
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I've had way more fun with M20's franchise mode than any other...ever.....I've had multiple franchises go out past 5 seasons (my longest before then never made it out of year 3).

Why? Because you can watch your team develop before your eyes. Ratings matter. Skills matter. Storylines will unfold before your eyes.

You can roll with an offline chise, single-team control, and default XP sliders all the way (and if anything, the game plays better once you purge real life players).

The big key though...stay away from custom draft classes. They wreck the balance because people try to give out SS and SSXF dev traits like candy...even the "top rated" class is laughable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2020, 01:47 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I've had way more fun with M20's franchise mode than any other...ever.....I've had multiple franchises go out past 5 seasons (my longest before then never made it out of year 3).

Why? Because you can watch your team develop before your eyes. Ratings matter. Skills matter. Storylines will unfold before your eyes.

You can roll with an offline chise, single-team control, and default XP sliders all the way (and if anything, the game plays better once you purge real life players).

The big key though...stay away from custom draft classes. They wreck the balance because people try to give out SS and SSXF dev traits like candy...even the "top rated" class is laughable.
Not AFC on Xbox. Their classes are awesome.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2020, 03:05 PM   #13
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

I just realized there’s no way to track what teams guys have been on before their current one. Maybe I’m missing where to find this?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-27-2020, 03:38 PM   #14
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Yeah, I’m not looking for a full-blown sim. I enjoy the actual playing, but I also love scouting, drafting, building a team, etc.

I just have to know if it’s at least MORE simulation than arcade.
It definitely skews more to the arcade side. Scouting is about elementary as it gets with you only scouting three letter grades on each prospect and doesn't really hold a candle to the older Madden's scouting system. There will be news stories on a few players which is pretty cool and give you certain players to keep an eye on. Building a team is still pretty fun as you'll have players progressing pretty much every week and but player development is still heavily influenced by production and awards which is arcadey as well but if you're more focused on playing games than the roster management side of things, you'll probably enjoy it.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:27 PM   #15
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I think Madden 20 was a significant step in the right direction, but it's still very lackluster compared to other sports games in terms of the franchise mode.

The main things that helped this year were far more realistic contracts and a less customize-able progression system (you pick a player type and it adds attributes that result in that player type overall increasing by 1 instead of going in and putting all of their XP in route running for the example.

This was the most I've played an offline franchise in years, but it's still a disappointing experience if you compare it to other franchise modes, including the old Madden franchise modes.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2020, 05:20 PM   #16
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
Not AFC on Xbox. Their classes are awesome.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
What gamer tag are these classes under?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »