Home

Formation subs?

This is a discussion on Formation subs? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2020, 10:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Formation subs?

I haven't tried it in a few years I know like after 9 teams that the formation sub would not save. Before I waste a lot of time has this been fixed so I could edit all 32 teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2020, 05:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Formation subs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie
I haven't tried it in a few years I know like after 9 teams that the formation sub would not save. Before I waste a lot of time has this been fixed so I could edit all 32 teams?
They've worked fine for me.

One thing I did realize though, make sure you have the live playbook option turned off. Because when you do formation subs, it uses the day one playbooks, so if you go to play using the live playbooks, it wont have any of your formation subs.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart1331
They've worked fine for me.

One thing I did realize though, make sure you have the live playbook option turned off. Because when you do formation subs, it uses the day one playbooks, so if you go to play using the live playbooks, it wont have any of your formation subs.
Thanks for the feedback. Do you think it's worth it or do you prefer live? From what I remember I get more of a balance with live and little pass heavy when off.
Old 04-28-2020, 01:03 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. Do you think it's worth it or do you prefer live? From what I remember I get more of a balance with live and little pass heavy when off.
What actually are the live playbooks? I've noticed that recently as an option but never bothered with it as I didn't really know what it was.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
What actually are the live playbooks? I've noticed that recently as an option but never bothered with it as I didn't really know what it was.
From my understanding when turned on it mimics what the teams did last year on pass/run ratio
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2020, 02:09 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Personal preference really. For me on franchise, I have certain players for certain plays so I prefer the non live playbooks. But if that doesn't matter to you, then I'd say the live playbook are usually more diverse.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
From my understanding when turned on it mimics what the teams did last year on pass/run ratio

the live playbooks have added formations and sets and plays not in the day one playbooks. This effects the run pass balance, as the playbook is what determines a whole number of things in simmed games, from Run pass balance to how many touches RB2 gets to how many targets your slots get.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »