Home

Power Run O-Linemen

This is a discussion on Power Run O-Linemen within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2020, 12:51 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Power Run O-Linemen

If I want to run a power run scheme with lots of HB power plays and lead blocking, what archetype and ratings should I be prioritising?

It seems logical that I'd want Power linemen for a power run scheme, and that I'd want my linemen to have high ratings in Run Block Power. However, power run plays tend to have guards pulling and getting across the line to another spot, which implies that they should be Agile and high in Run Block Finesse.

Which is it and are there any other things that I should be looking for in an ideal power run lineman?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2020, 01:28 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Power Run O-Linemen

I like agile archetype for my linemen. I run pistol and my RB is always top 5 no matter their archetype

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2020, 02:53 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
If I want to run a power run scheme with lots of HB power plays and lead blocking, what archetype and ratings should I be prioritising?

It seems logical that I'd want Power linemen for a power run scheme, and that I'd want my linemen to have high ratings in Run Block Power. However, power run plays tend to have guards pulling and getting across the line to another spot, which implies that they should be Agile and high in Run Block Finesse.

Which is it and are there any other things that I should be looking for in an ideal power run lineman?
For Inside...
STR = initial get-engage/Push
RBK Power = Run hold timer vs Block Shed disparity

For Outside...
SPD = self explanatory
AWR = higher means faster Target acquisition while moving
IMP = higher means pancake/chop animation
*Lead Block = plays a role in moving block formula, but Clint didn’t go into detail

Last edited by khaliib; 04-29-2020 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:32 PM   #4
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829

I thought the RPF was for how good the OL is against a DL attempting a finesse move. Same for power. So if a OL is 95 power but 72 finesse, he could dominate or hold blocks against power moves/players longer, but get beat by more finesse lineman/linebackers.

So if you need someone who can pull block then you’d be looking for speed, accel, awr, lead blk, etc. a power guy who is 320lbs and 64 speed would take much longer to pull than a 290 73 speed guard.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:53 PM   #5
Banned

I ran a very successful power run scheme based on the Power and Counter as my base plays. First and foremost you need Run Block Power for all linemen. If Power, Counter, Trap and Toss are gonna he heavy in your book, not only do you need Run Block Power, but you need Lead Blocking most and then acceleration. Your best lead blockers should be at the G position since they will be doing all the pulling. You need acceleration, lead blocking and run blocking power for your guards. Speed isn’t really a big deal. Your tackles you can get away with practically any. I’d go

LT- Any
LG- Power
C- Power
RG- Power
RT- Any

Get the best linemen possible and and put them where you need them. Gotta LT that has run block power and lead blocking... move him to a G. Mix and match

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2020, 02:08 AM   #6
MVP

Some helpful answers here.

Thanks all!
Old 04-30-2020, 01:16 PM   #7
MVP

Prioritize Agile OL with high STR over Power OL. The Agile guys will almost always have superior SPD and ACC which makes all the difference in the world. The slower guys won't be able to reach their target in time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »