Home

What really needs to happen for Madden to improve?

This is a discussion on What really needs to happen for Madden to improve? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2020, 07:15 PM   #33
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What really needs to happen for Madden to improve?

2 things in my opinion....

Competition

Take a year or two off from making yearly titles and start from scratch. Release “roster updates” in the mean time. Although this would more than likely take longer than a couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-16-2020, 07:53 PM   #34
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

It needs to be rebuilt from the ground up with football fundamentals in mind (foot planting, tackling, physics, line play, AI), new stadiums, sidelines, camera angles. and presentation. I'm still hoping this is the case with next gen Madden 21.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:55 PM   #35
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

Spell it out for me: what exactly has been "taken away" with respect to tackling? The game has had a bunch of tackle control options since Madden 15 - conservative, precision breakdown tackle, aggressive tackle, hit stick, and cut stick. Those all still exist in Madden 20. What exactly was removed?
M17 and M18 had contextual (not quite physics based, but looked good enough) gang tackling. Animations could be branched by other defenders. Madden removed this in 19 when they added true step (that was nerfed before M19 even hit retail), this was a major step backwards that still is a black eye on tackling.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2020, 07:57 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 1

I wish they would bring back coach mode at the very least the way it was in M17 and earlier version, and MAKE ALL PRO MORE CHALLENGING! M16 was the last Madden where the CPU was somewhat challenging on All Pro. Madden is too easy since M17 so I gave up on it. Although the latter could be addressed by myself if the sliders actually didn't have the "house of cards" effect and I could adjust one slider and it only impacted the attributes/game play it was related to. Adjusting run blocking shouldn't improve passing, for instance.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:33 AM   #37
Pro

I just finished playing a season game in 2k. I literally can search what players avg scoring wise the last 20 games vs season avgs.

I would think since Madden is only 16 games that would be so much easier for EA to implement.

I’m comparing ppg vs salary
Usage rate vs turnover ratio
Seeing if wing span = more steals or rebounds

2k statistical depth is crazy. Madden having this depth would go so far to me.

Edit:Those curry numbers are the cpu btw. Dude balling over the last 20 games 41ppg

Last edited by Quentin32; 06-17-2020 at 02:36 AM.
Old 06-17-2020, 07:27 AM   #38
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin32
I just finished playing a season game in 2k. I literally can search what players avg scoring wise the last 20 games vs season avgs.

I would think since Madden is only 16 games that would be so much easier for EA to implement.

I’m comparing ppg vs salary
Usage rate vs turnover ratio
Seeing if wing span = more steals or rebounds

2k statistical depth is crazy. Madden having this depth would go so far to me.

Edit:Those curry numbers are the cpu btw. Dude balling over the last 20 games 41ppg
2k franchise embarrasses Madden on a level that should be illegal and has for years. The depth and customization is what should be expected of Madden. You can literally see everything from stats back to the NBAs inception to power rankings from multiple sources, mock drafts, all star voting, full player injury history and susceptibility to future injuries. It makes me mad just thinking about what we are missing out on by not having competetion.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-17-2020, 08:59 AM   #39
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

I don't think the COD model would work for Madden, but they took a yearly release and hired 3 different studios that now have 3 years to release their game. That's a massive investment.

I don't think that's the solution for Madden because of continuity, but EA needs to actually invest in a team that is capable of making significant improvements year over year. As long as the team is small and working crazy hours just to get the game done in time they won't have a real opportunity to innovate.

If EA would invest a small amount of its ridiculous profits back into the game it could be awesome. I think there are great devs at the studio, but they lack the manpower and resources to accomplish something impressive.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:37 AM   #40
Banned

The only thing that will change Madden will be direct AAA competition such as a 2K true simulation game! License or not if someone creates a American football title with tight gameplay Next Gen graphics with deep franchise, online leagues, deep deep customization, true broadcast sim, who needs the license. No 2k AllPro style game! Gameplay yes but no goofy league setup like APF had! Legends are great but make it with 32 real cities. Put additional teams in the game which can be edited. Real injuries with animation to match, several broadcasters, etc....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »