Home

"There's Loads of Madden 21 News Soon ... But Here's The Best Part"

This is a discussion on "There's Loads of Madden 21 News Soon ... But Here's The Best Part" within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2020, 02:11 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: "There's Loads of Madden 21 News Soon ... But Here's The Best Part"

Is ps5 gonna do same thing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-09-2020, 01:35 PM   #18
Rookie

packers96's Arena

OVR: 0

The consoles of the new generation will not be able to perform miracles with an old engine. Little in the game will get better.

Last edited by packers96; 05-09-2020 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:46 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

There is no good news here if they're limiting the time in which you have to make the jump to next-gen to get it for free.

Otherwise your SOL.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:50 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

For me, it doesn't matter since I already sold my consoles and any game I planned on playing will be on next gen anyway. I'd imagine all EA Sports games to follow this path where there is a limited time where the "smart delivery" would take place. The main issue is for those who didn't want to rush to get next gen console or if there is limited consoles at launch. With current global pandemic, there is legit chance that if you don't get console at launch, you might have to wait for a while. So you could miss out on EA's deadline.

I wouldn't expect big changes until next year. Usually the first year is where they focus in visual upgrades and setting the foundation for rest of generation.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:55 AM   #21
Rookie

If y'all remembered Madden 14 to PS4 and XBox1 was an import from 360 and PS3 and the next year Madden 15 had 2 different games next and current.... so I think this is the same ... where they work 2 years on the next new game !!! Just my thoughts

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2020, 09:11 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyFan25
Games will definitely be putting next gen to good use. Honestly, I could care less about graphics at this point, Madden 20 looked great.

The thing I'm looking forward to most for next-gen is improved load times and performance.

Improved load times? So to spend almost a $1000 when its all said and done for IMPROVED LOAD TIMES?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-10-2020, 08:22 PM   #23
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

There needs to be a new engine; a ground up build of Madden for any true improvements or changes in game play.

It seems more time and energy has been spent attempting to create a different game play experience to meet a variety of consumer demands, which has eliminated focus of just making a solid american football game.

The only similarity between game modes seems to be the intended, forced, close game, nail biter experience when playing the CPU. I have heard and witnessed H2H game play where it felt as if the game was purposely helping or hindering one player over another; supposedly based on skill differentiation. DDS?

We have 4 skill levels: Rookie, Pro, All-Pro, and All-Madden. We have 3 game styles: Arcade, Competitive and Sim. Then we have 5 game modes? MUT, Franchise, Face of the Franchise (at least through the story mode/college games), Play Now, and Superstar KO.

^^^^ That there is a recipe for disaster. Too many combinations and varying effects on game play. Too much going on within coding just to create an american football video game. Which probably equates to a lot of extra trouble shooting.

There have been too many band-aid fixes to the game which include the pausing of blitzers if the game codes senses they are coming in too fast up the middle. We cannot have DL stunts. Dime and Quarter defenses were used with good effect to stop runs out of base formations, to fix this EA apparently just coded a DB count and then forced defenders to get pushed out of the path of the RB regardless of the defender's ability; no physics.

The removal of the post huddle walk up to the LOS has made playing defense more difficult against the CPU, reducing time to make reads and adjustments, which in turn allows for the CPU to hurry their offensive plays; this makes playing defense almost useless and removes half of the game of football.

The game code has got to be a complete mess, in and of itself, not even considering the subpar notes attached to code to help the new crop of coders EA rotates in and out. IF it takes the average new hire about 6 months to get up to speed in a new work environment, just imagine the new coders trying to figure out the previous coding, not to mention the issues they could have if they don't even understand american football.

Madden needs to be cleaned up. There needs to be an investment in a clean game.

Also, I have never talked to a football coach that recommended to his players to leave their feet to make a catch. EA/TIB, stop having receivers jumping for every ball. This is a ridiculous animation that serves no purpose in football, except to get a player's ribs broken. It is also a poor method of creating incomplete passes, with the WR/HB/TE jumping into a hit just to have the ball knocked out.

Also - The swat/tip passes for INTs...This is a very weak and trashy way to force INTs. Stop the gimmicks! Looks like a bunch of volleyball players setting up shots on defense.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:20 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
There needs to be a new engine; a ground up build of Madden for any true improvements or changes in game play.

It seems more time and energy has been spent attempting to create a different game play experience to meet a variety of consumer demands, which has eliminated focus of just making a solid american football game.

The only similarity between game modes seems to be the intended, forced, close game, nail biter experience when playing the CPU. I have heard and witnessed H2H game play where it felt as if the game was purposely helping or hindering one player over another; supposedly based on skill differentiation. DDS?

We have 4 skill levels: Rookie, Pro, All-Pro, and All-Madden. We have 3 game styles: Arcade, Competitive and Sim. Then we have 5 game modes? MUT, Franchise, Face of the Franchise (at least through the story mode/college games), Play Now, and Superstar KO.

^^^^ That there is a recipe for disaster. Too many combinations and varying effects on game play. Too much going on within coding just to create an american football video game. Which probably equates to a lot of extra trouble shooting.

There have been too many band-aid fixes to the game which include the pausing of blitzers if the game codes senses they are coming in too fast up the middle. We cannot have DL stunts. Dime and Quarter defenses were used with good effect to stop runs out of base formations, to fix this EA apparently just coded a DB count and then forced defenders to get pushed out of the path of the RB regardless of the defender's ability; no physics.

The removal of the post huddle walk up to the LOS has made playing defense more difficult against the CPU, reducing time to make reads and adjustments, which in turn allows for the CPU to hurry their offensive plays; this makes playing defense almost useless and removes half of the game of football.

The game code has got to be a complete mess, in and of itself, not even considering the subpar notes attached to code to help the new crop of coders EA rotates in and out. IF it takes the average new hire about 6 months to get up to speed in a new work environment, just imagine the new coders trying to figure out the previous coding, not to mention the issues they could have if they don't even understand american football.

Madden needs to be cleaned up. There needs to be an investment in a clean game.

Also, I have never talked to a football coach that recommended to his players to leave their feet to make a catch. EA/TIB, stop having receivers jumping for every ball. This is a ridiculous animation that serves no purpose in football, except to get a player's ribs broken. It is also a poor method of creating incomplete passes, with the WR/HB/TE jumping into a hit just to have the ball knocked out.

Also - The swat/tip passes for INTs...This is a very weak and trashy way to force INTs. Stop the gimmicks! Looks like a bunch of volleyball players setting up shots on defense.
I agree
All these bandaid fixes are nothing when the core gameplay needs to rebuilt from ground up. When there is an exploited play/sequence, Madden usually essentially eliminates it. I didn't play Madden 20 much, but I know stretch runs were a big issue. So you know Madden 21 will almost nullify stretch runs.
I don't like the forced focus on the Frostbite Engine. When EA forced their games to all to use Frostbite, I knew it was a bad idea. It was built for Battlefront. Instead of fixing gameplay, they just added RPM and abilities on top of poor foundation. Instead of working on Franchise, they develop Longshot and FoTF to show off the Frostbite engine. I think they are continuing on with Frostbite heading into next gen.
Hopefully they do take a step back and fix gameplay engine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »