Home

All-Pro & All-Madden / Competitive & Simulation

This is a discussion on All-Pro & All-Madden / Competitive & Simulation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2020, 01:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
All-Pro & All-Madden / Competitive & Simulation

What is your preferred combination of skill level / game style? I like All-Madden/Simulation and I'm in two leagues that both recently switched one of the settings. One is now All-Pro/Simulation and the other is All-Madden/Competitive and the results are ridiculous. In both leagues, it's now way to easy for a good player to take the ball straight up the field and score. I have a good roster on defense in both leagues (49ers and Bills - picked up Von Miller with the Bills as well) but it just doesn't matter. A good madden player seems to have no problem going against one of the league's best defenses.

This is the biggest thing that needs to change in Madden 21 and years to come. We need a year where they market "Defense is Back in Madden!" like the year they put Ray Lewis on the cover.

Enough with these dumb settings too. Just put out a game that plays realistically without us having to pick settings and sliders to fix it. I don't want to put slider gurus out of a hobby but honestly, when did it become the norm for EA to say "we know our game sucks, can you fix it?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2020, 02:10 PM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: All-Pro & All-Madden / Competitive & Simulation

I play CPU so it's different, but I started the year All-Pro/Sim and it was a challenge. Now I'm on All-Madden/Sim with sliders heavily in favor of the CPU and there's 0 challenge for me to crush them.

Not sure if it's me adapting to the game, my team progressing in CFM, patches making the game easier, or a combination of those things, but it's extremely difficult to get any AI QB's to be even slightly intelligent or effective.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:50 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegroove7
What is your preferred combination of skill level / game style? I like All-Madden/Simulation and I'm in two leagues that both recently switched one of the settings. One is now All-Pro/Simulation and the other is All-Madden/Competitive and the results are ridiculous. In both leagues, it's now way to easy for a good player to take the ball straight up the field and score. I have a good roster on defense in both leagues (49ers and Bills - picked up Von Miller with the Bills as well) but it just doesn't matter. A good madden player seems to have no problem going against one of the league's best defenses.

This is the biggest thing that needs to change in Madden 21 and years to come. We need a year where they market "Defense is Back in Madden!" like the year they put Ray Lewis on the cover.

Enough with these dumb settings too. Just put out a game that plays realistically without us having to pick settings and sliders to fix it. I don't want to put slider gurus out of a hobby but honestly, when did it become the norm for EA to say "we know our game sucks, can you fix it?"

Sliders should always be available. Everyone skillset isn't the same. People need sliders to adjust the game so it can suit their style of play.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:56 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Sliders should always be available. Everyone skillset isn't the same. People need sliders to adjust the game so it can suit their style of play.
Ya that's fine for offline play but what about when you have a league of 32 different guys with different play styles?
Old 05-12-2020, 08:19 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegroove7
Ya that's fine for offline play but what about when you have a league of 32 different guys with different play styles?
Yeah I misread your intent. They definitely need to make defense much better overall but you still can adjust sliders to to somewhat get it to how you want in USER vs USER games.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »