Home

Franchise Mode Too Easy????

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode Too Easy???? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2020, 08:50 AM   #25
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Mode Too Easy????

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Why would any of that development work be necessary? If the user thinks a trade is unfair all they need is the self-discipline not to propose or accept it.

True , but the fact that this has to be done means there is an issue at hand already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2020, 01:57 PM   #26
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucram7777
True , but the fact that this has to be done means there is an issue at hand already.

Not really. Some aspects of CFM should be left to the user's discretion. Every experience can be different this way. I'd rather not be forced into a single option when NFL teams don't even operate that way.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:29 PM   #27
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Not really. Some aspects of CFM should be left to the user's discretion. Every experience can be different this way. I'd rather not be forced into a single option when NFL teams don't even operate that way.
True.
I was referring to laying down "House Rules" in general.
If they must be employed, there is either numerous and/or considerable exploits that can people can just cheese.
Old 06-07-2020, 05:12 PM   #28
Rookie

I would like player progression in franchise mode to mirror the progression system MLB Show uses. Dynamic attributes that can go up and down based on play and incremental.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2020, 08:28 PM   #29
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smh122
I would like player progression in franchise mode to mirror the progression system MLB Show uses. Dynamic attributes that can go up and down based on play and incremental.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
I don’t care what they do as long as they move away from the “upgrade points system”
Old 06-07-2020, 08:56 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
Some people play in CFM's with other users and it's a pain trying to police other users due to a flaw in the game that should not be there. In single-player CFMs I agree it's easy to work around but in leagues with other humans it leads to lots of arguments over which trades are fair or not.
I rage quit my own league with people abusing in-game flaws but then also CFM flaws
Old 06-07-2020, 09:02 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 6

The key for fun, replay ability and a challenge for CFM is to have more ups and downs possible.

Early retirement, permanent injuries (good luck getting that past NFL), players that demand trade, boom/boat late draft picks, change of position stories, supplemental draft.

It’s too easy at the moment because your roster is never in flux you just have cards and add to them.

We have seen a better salary cap situation which is fun but in reality not all teams can or want to max our the cap.

Much more fun if one option accounted for teams actual ability to spend (a real owners mode anyone?? Hehe)

What else would you want to see?

I’d pay extra for an expansion but it would need to carry over year to year madden releases
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2020, 01:36 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 4

Went back and got 19 for $5 bucks, but with my years with madden, my issues are probably the same in madden 20. But I feel one of the huge problems in franchise mode with it being too easy is how you don't have to think at all when it comes to scouting players. I felt 2k5 did this better where you had such few scouting points that you really had to choose wisely who to scout.

But in madden 19 I get so many points to scout each week I simply quick scout(or whatever it's called) and go on to play my game. That's how you get a bunch of 6'5 wrs with 90+ speed...which is another problem. I know you can edit that yourself, but a player with that combination of height and speed should be rare,maybe a couple every 10 years.

But playing 19 recently made me realize why I got rid of it in the first place. The ai is so bad, the challenge system has been broken for years and usually gets things wrong, and while it's easy to score(especially when yo u draft these Randy Moss type wrs with regularity), it's hard to stop the ai on 3rd downs because of the robo qbs. It's like they are scripted to be 'competitive' when it comes to qb 3rd down completion % no matter who it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »