Home

NFL Owners Agree to Extend EA's Exclusive Rights Through 2025 Season

This is a discussion on NFL Owners Agree to Extend EA's Exclusive Rights Through 2025 Season within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2020, 11:57 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NFL Owners Agree to Extend EA's Exclusive Rights Through 2025 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I am also just about done jumping through hoops to get the game to play as it should.

Custom sliders at main menu but different set in CFM. House rules. Accelerated or standard clock. Can't use custom playbooks (better ones) in CFM. No roster carry overs year to year. Delete profiles. Restart PS4. Geez...it may as well be 1986 again.

Have you ever seen the ridiculous rules you have to follow in the slider sets to get the game to play more realistically? It's absurd. So absurd that I have fired up the electric football field again!

C

I especially agree with you.

Watching you and many others on this forum, spend countless thousands of hours to create sliders and rosters to get this game to play remotely correct; or, reading through most of the requirements needed with the slider sets (delete profile each game, different settings in Main/Franchise menus, turn game on/off three times, etc...) is absolutely ridiculous. Enough is enough.

You would have to believe, that even as a suit, who's probably never been into video games, has to see the tens-of-thousands of reoccurring complaints over the years and think; this equals to lost sales to the franchise.

Either they are unable to make changes, or unwilling to make the changes.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:19 PM   #58
Rookie

bronxct1's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Toro50
I especially agree with you.

Watching you and many others on this forum, spend countless thousands of hours to create sliders and rosters to get this game to play remotely correct; or, reading through most of the requirements needed with the slider sets (delete profile each game, different settings in Main/Franchise menus, turn game on/off three times, etc...) is absolutely ridiculous. Enough is enough.

You would have to believe, that even as a suit, who's probably never been into video games, has to see the tens-of-thousands of reoccurring complaints over the years and think; this equals to lost sales to the franchise.

Either they are unable to make changes, or unwilling to make the changes.
Tens of thousands of complaints mean nothing to EA. The game is still selling millions of copies so it's still a small percentage of the total. They are making more and more money every year, why would they stop what they're doing.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:40 PM   #59
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxct1
Tens of thousands of complaints mean nothing to EA. The game is still selling millions of copies so it's still a small percentage of the total. They are making more and more money every year, why would they stop what they're doing.
In the year 2004, UNC was having a very subpar year in football...and it was pretty much a done deal that head coach John Bunting would be fired. It was also a well known fact that Steve Spurrier was very interested in the job and would take it if/when offered. Then on a Saturday night in October, the #4 Miami Hurricanes came rolling into town...and the Tar Heels upset the Canes in Kenan Stadium. UNC went on to win 3 straight games, earn a birth to the Tire Bowl and lose to Boston College to finish with a 6-6 record. At seasons end, UNC rewarded John Bunting, the coach of a miracle upset and mediocre 6-6 record...after having 2 straight losing seasons the previous 2 seasons...with a 3 year contract extension!

UNC would not have a winning record or reach a bowl game again under John Bunting...losing to the likes of Furman and getting fired 2 years later.

I feel the same way about this news as I did when we gave Bunting an extension....
Old 05-29-2020, 02:15 PM   #60
MVP

The bottom line is that EA already has a football engine, art, code, etc in place and no other company that presented to the NFL does. Oh yeah and EA has $$$ thanks to idiots who pay for MUT cards.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:30 PM   #61
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
In other words EA are the Dallas Cowboys. Ownership (the suits) refuse to get out of the way and let the football people (the devs) do their jobs, resulting in a lackluster product every single year.
Pretty much reflective of American businesses in general at this point.

Don't change until it is FAR too late and you have not chance whatsoever to recover.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2020, 03:20 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I hear you. I do wonder if there's a known or perceived threat of litigation from the NFL if a fully customizable simulation is available. Similar to the NCAA games of years past, I wonder if they'd have legal power to shut it down. That'd be a major risk for any investment into football, and sadly a requirement for many to be open to a different game.

If it was just as simple as a customizable game - to me people would be making attempts at that.

To comment o this overall, it's definitely sad. It reminds me just how much I appreciated playing simulation football, and how many years it took for Madden to burn the bridge with me. At this point, Madden is like cable TV to me - I won't touch it.

I was explaining to my Wife yesterday the simple premise of using football plays to counter strategy makes all the difference. The requirement to make a dozen in house rules to make a game like Madden play remotely close to football is just a commitment I'm not willing to make. Honestly there's so many well balanced games available, why even struggle through that?!
I don’t think a customizable game would be a problem from a legal standpoint, it would be the ability to share our customizations with each other that would probably get them in trouble. Then again EA has lots of stuff they don’t have the rights to available for download, like custom rosters and draft classes with college players
Old 05-29-2020, 04:39 PM   #63
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I am not much of a fan of the NFL, nor their restrictions on Madden. There are rules in the NFL which address hits on a QB. The fact that Madden prevents a user hitting a QB once the ball is thrown, apparently due to demands by the NFL, and allowing the personal foul penalty, for me, shows how little the NFL cares about simulation.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:08 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3
Very disappointed again. EA Sports response to 2k's contract "EA Sports is the exclusive publisher of NFL simulation games" is a joke. Since when is Madden a simulation? Madden is and always will be a great looking arcade game. That's why their company is named "Electronic Arts".*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »