Home

First Madden 21 features listed on YouTube description page

This is a discussion on First Madden 21 features listed on YouTube description page within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2020, 02:09 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: First Madden 21 features listed on YouTube description page

Poor, just poor. Recycled old stuff made to sound new. I’m soooo fed up with the lack of innovation in this game. Please make BIG changes to the franchise mode. All these little nonsense changes will not being me back to buy the game again for a while. As you can tell I’ve just had enough of being ignored as a franchise gamer...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-30-2020, 02:27 PM   #18
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
New celebrations ��������������

They'll use Covid as the reason this year for little work being done. Easy built-in reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Seems like a legitimate reason to me (even though they never even said that). My company has done a 360 since Covid-19 & really had to change the way we do things & set us back a couple of months.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-30-2020 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:47 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milticket
Seems like a legitimate reason to me (even though they never even said that). My company has done a 360 since Covid-19 & really had to change the way we do things & set us back a couple of months.
Does your company do similar work, though, or at least work in a similar manner? If you work in a completely different industry then your post holds no relevancy. My line of work is done 90% or more through computers, so Covid-19 has only made the location of where I am working change, nothing else really. Obviously Tiburon won't be able to get together and do mo-cap sessions, but I would assume a large chunk of their work can be done remotely.

― Plato
Old 05-30-2020, 03:09 PM   #20
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
I think one thing to bear in mind is that many of us who frequent these forums care more about improvements that aren’t likely to be listed in a blurb like this.

The edge rushing and tackling sound intriguing, but I think most of us care most about things like offensive/defensive coordinators, more accuracy/precision in terms of player positions, functional blocking and play action, etc.
Precisely! I'm at a point now with Madden and Tiburon where nothing matters except gameplay footage. SHOW me how the game has improved ON the field. Period. I'm a huge offline franchise mode guy but no amount of franchise mode upgrades could move me to buy this game if the gameplay doesn't impress me with significant improvements in key areas.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:09 PM   #21
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Does your company do similar work, though, or at least work in a similar manner? If you work in a completely different industry then your post holds no relevancy. My line of work is done 90% or more through computers, so Covid-19 has only made the location of where I am working change, nothing else really. Obviously Tiburon won't be able to get together and do mo-cap sessions, but I would assume a large chunk of their work can be done remotely.
Not exactly, were all phone & computers. My point in my post was no one knows how it affects one company to the next & what hurdles they may had/have to overcome with staff & what not.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-30-2020 at 08:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2020, 03:41 PM   #22
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Precisely! I'm at a point now with Madden and Tiburon where nothing matters except gameplay footage. SHOW me how the game has improved ON the field. Period. I'm a huge offline franchise mode guy but no amount of franchise mode upgrades could move me to buy this game if the gameplay doesn't impress me with significant improvements in key areas.
"Fixing Gameplay isnt Marketable." - Rex Dickson

It will never happen with that kind of thinking from EA.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:44 PM   #23
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
I think one thing to bear in mind is that many of us who frequent these forums care more about improvements that aren’t likely to be listed in a blurb like this.

The edge rushing and tackling sound intriguing, but I think most of us care most about things like offensive/defensive coordinators, more accuracy/precision in terms of player positions, functional blocking and play action, etc.

Companies stagger the release of information about new features, and it’s unlikely that they’d lead with these kinds of things in a very broad and short initial blurb.

There’s plenty of reason to reserve optimism, but there’s also no point just writing the game off already.
I agree. I think NHL is a good example too of Back Box features not appealing to me, but GM Mode updates have been pretty good in recent years. They’re finally adding some depth to the mode even if it doesn’t look like it on the front page
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Old 05-30-2020, 07:26 PM   #24
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

What a farce.

Before anyone blames the virus for lack of new features, consider that the switch to the "live service" model, which means generating new constant for months and months after a game would normally be done, would naturally reduce time spent on features for next year's game (I refuse to believe that EA would contribute the extra resources needed to support that much extra development).

This was coming, virus or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »