Home

Question for pc madden players

This is a discussion on Question for pc madden players within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2020, 08:16 AM   #9
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Question for pc madden players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saro1
Two weeks ago I bought a PC and it's totally another world than consoles. My hope now is that the next-gen game isn't just exclusive to PS5 and Xbox X.
You should be good. I know most Xbox games are also on pc and it’s rumored Sony will start releasing exclusives on pC as well
Old 06-10-2020, 08:48 AM   #10
Pro

Saro1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
You should be good. I know most Xbox games are also on pc and it’s rumored Sony will start releasing exclusives on pC as well
Madden on Xbox will have smart delivery, so who will buy a game for Xbox One will have the update free on NextGen Console. On PC we don't know how will it work, maybe we have to buy two different games if we want to play since August. This is my concern.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:43 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Madden on Xbox will have smart delivery, so who will buy a game for Xbox One will have the update free on NextGen Console. On PC we don't know how will it work, maybe we have to buy two different games if we want to play since August. This is my concern.
Why would you have to buy two different games for PC?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2020, 05:30 PM   #12
Pro

Saro1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RearNakedChoke
Why would you have to buy two different games for PC?
Because there will be two games, one for the Old-Gen and one for the New-Gen, we need to understand if PC players will receive smart delivery update like Xbox players.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:32 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Because there will be two games, one for the Old-Gen and one for the New-Gen, we need to understand if PC players will receive smart delivery update like Xbox players.
There will be one game for PC, most likely. You'll get the next gen experience at launch, and it will be up to your rig how many of the new features you can run. You may need to upgrade to take full advantage.

On a somewhat related note, DIRT 5 will run in 4K @ 120fps on Xbox Series X. I wonder if Madden will run at 4K120 on PC and XSX.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:26 AM   #14
Pro

Saro1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RearNakedChoke
There will be one game for PC, most likely. You'll get the next gen experience at launch, and it will be up to your rig how many of the new features you can run. You may need to upgrade to take full advantage.

On a somewhat related note, DIRT 5 will run in 4K @ 120fps on Xbox Series X. I wonder if Madden will run at 4K120 on PC and XSX.
I hope you are right but I don't think Madden will launch the Next-Gen game 3 months before the new consoles. Most likely there will be an update for PC gamers too and this is what I want.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:09 AM   #15
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Assuming they continue PC releases, PC will likely be the PS4/XB1 release for at least Madden 21, and possibly for longer. History suggests EA struggles to dedicate the resources to get the PC version updated to the next gen release when there are console generation changes and they have an older and newer version going. As Saro mentions, it's very unlikely PC gets the next gen release before the new consoles even hit.

I could be wrong but I think FIFA has had this issue more recently - took a while for PC to get the latest code.

History also suggests this isn't a bad thing necessarily, at least not for a year or two while the next gen version gets more established.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Assuming they continue PC releases, PC will likely be the PS4/XB1 release for at least Madden 21, and possibly for longer. History suggests EA struggles to dedicate the resources to get the PC version updated to the next gen release when there are console generation changes and they have an older and newer version going. As Saro mentions, it's very unlikely PC gets the next gen release before the new consoles even hit.

I could be wrong but I think FIFA has had this issue more recently - took a while for PC to get the latest code.

History also suggests this isn't a bad thing necessarily, at least not for a year or two while the next gen version gets more established.
But most current PC releases are already games that would be considered "next gen." Many of them already feature what would be considered next gen graphics.

The most likely scenario will be that the game is designed for higher end machines (PC and next gen consoles) and that the current consoles will have those features dialled back, while PCs will get to enjoy them from day 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »