Home

It's time

This is a discussion on It's time within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 02:35 AM   #25
MVP

tru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: It's time

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Dez Bryant still shows up in the free agent pool in CFM in Madden 20 as does several other "retired" players. He's still technically a free agent. Just lower his ratings to reflect that he hasn't played. If someone wants to use him, he's available. That's the simplest solution I would think. Unless the NFL did blacklist him since remember they censored his name in a song. That might have been the NFL or EA making that decision. But it was done on purpose before being changed to say his name.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Dez signed with the saints in the 2018 season before injuring his achilles that had him rehabilitating into the 2019 season.
We are now entering the 2020 season.

Compairing apples with oranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2020, 08:44 AM   #26
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Maybe it's just me, but I think it's time to add Kaepernick back in the game. His name is already in it...just add him back....
It can’t happen unless he resumes paying NFLPA dues, or at least rejoins it with a fee waver or signs an independent contract.

It’s too bad, of course. I’d love to use him kind of like Randall Cunningham on the 1998 Vikings: a veteran, strong armed QB who’s had some down years but wins an MVP with a record setting offense.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:48 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I am well-aware nothing I type here will change any of the minds of the posters I am quoting, but the facts are what they are and I'm presenting them here for anyone else who may read this with a more open mind.

---

If it was really about football, NFL teams wouldn't have blackballed a legitimately obviously self-evidently talented football player at the sport's most important position. They wouldn't have had to to settle a lawsuit about willfully keeping him out of the league.

The fact is no other quarterback with the resumé that Kaepernick has has ever not been offered a job with a second team. Also, he was blackballed, Kaepernick successfully sued the NFL about that.

---
That workout was never legitimate. Some facts about that sham:

I also reiterate again that normal NFL free agents do not have to go through dog-and-pony show workouts such as this one the NFL proposed for only Kaepernick, who was blackballed. Individual teams invite free agents to their own facilities for that purpose. To this date, no team has reached out to Kaepernick's camp to sign him the normal way.

That workout was a way for the NFL to continue to push their own weird political agenda about the fact that they blackballed Colin Kaepernick.

I'm going to safely guess you have never held a job as a professional athlete who was blackballed by his employer, so any attempt you make to presume what Colin Kaepernick is thinking or what his value set should be is null and void.

The three other quarterbacks you mention are irrelevant. Osweiller is already in Madden 20, Bradford and Palmer are retired, and none of the three were very publicly blackballed by the NFL.

---

He did not sell out his cause. How very dare you even suggest this. Kaepernick has done and still does an incredible amount of charitable giving and public work towards the cause of social justice.

Here's a list of charitable contributions he made in just the first year of his league-colluded exile. His charitable work championing causes of social justice continues to this day; this month via his Know Your Rights organization he set up a legal defense fund for protestors who were wrongly detained and jailed by overzealous city police forces. He also has expanded the scope of his charity beyond social justice, giving money to coronavirus relief efforts this past April.
Not sure why you’re trying to convince these people about the facts on Kaepernick. I’ve posted articles that literally quote John Lynch saying they told Kap they’d cut him if he didn’t opt out due to Shanahan not thinking he was a scheme fit (which really was about Shanahan’s love affair with Kirk Cousins, which is the same stupid reason they didn’t draft Mahomes, or even scout him seriously, to my great personal agony, as I loved him in college).

And even with direct quotes from Lynch, they still trust their Facebook and YouTube sources over the very words of the 49ers General Manager.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 06-06-2020 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:53 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
He might have been blackballed but to be fair he did not have much to offer as a passer.

He was a faster version of tebow basicially.
Good runner ****ty thrower.

That he brings something different to the qb position actually makes him a poor back up for most of the teams.

Right he might only be a capable back up for the ravens based on the scheme they have.

Cant think of any team that could use him without changing their entire scheme just to suit him.
Maybe the bills.

Usually you want a back up that you can plug in with ease.

Not one that requires you to change everything.

Sorry man, but Kaepernick was a much better passer than Tebow, and that’s not saying much, because Tebow was embarrassingly bad. Kaepernick could read a pre-snap defense, even if he sometimes struggled post-snap. Tebow couldn’t even do that.

I doubt you watched every snap of his career like I did (see the big SF logo?). Kap was never the most accurate passer, but he was serviceable. Tebow didnt even belong in the CFL.

Anyway, contrary to popular belief, accuracy was NOT Kaepernick’s biggest weakness: anticipatory throwing was. This was verified by a 49ers coach who worked with him, who chose to remain anonymous. Kaepernick could usually put the ball where he wanted to. His problem was that he had to see the WR open first, and that led to late passes and inaccurate passes when he saw a defender at the last moment and tried to adjust (one he wouldn’t have to worry about if he threw with anticipation).

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 06-06-2020 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:09 PM   #29
MVP

tru11's Arena

It's time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Sorry man, but Kaepernick was a much better passer than Tebow, and that’s not saying much, because Tebow was embarrassingly bad. Kaepernick could read a pre-snap defense, even if he sometimes struggled post-snap. Tebow couldn’t even do that.

I doubt you watched every snap of his career like I did (see the big SF logo?). Kap was never the most accurate passer, but he was serviceable. Tebow didnt even belong in the CFL.

Anyway, contrary to popular belief, accuracy was NOT Kaepernick’s biggest weakness: anticipatory throwing was. This was verified by a 49ers coach who worked with him, who chose to remain anonymous. Kaepernick could usually put the ball where he wanted to. His problem was that he had to see the WR open first, and that led to late passes and inaccurate passes when he saw a defender at the last moment and tried to adjust (one he wouldn’t have to worry about if he threw with anticipation).

Dude has a 59.8% completion and avg 178 passing yards per game.

You can find cheaper back ups who can do better and dont need the offense to be tailor made.

He could actually not read a defense at all.
Take away his first option and he would start running.

Its pretty much why he needed to see a wide receiver get open thus lack the ability to anticipate.

I watched him play enough to understand why he might not be an option for most teams.

My logo should tell you that i have an abundance of experience watching poor QB play.

Last edited by tru11; 06-06-2020 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:10 PM   #30
D13
Pro

D13's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Dude hasn't played since 2016.... If they put every player in the game that isn't on a team but hasn't technically retired there would be 10,000 players in the game.

After how he handled that workout last year there's a 0% chance of him signing anywhere. Dude showed he isn't interested in playing football right now.

He’s only interested in further his girlfriends agenda. Poor guy was a great athlete. Not a great QB like some claim but he was good in the run game and made some decent throws. That’s about as nice of words I can say about the guy because I don’t agree with ANYTHING policy wise without getting banned on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2020, 04:11 PM   #31
D13
Pro

D13's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Colin Kaepernick posted better career numbers than Nick Foles has achieved in the following volume and rate stats:

- career passer rating
- total passing touchdowns
- total interceptions
- touchdown %
- interception %
- touchdown-to-interception ratio
- first downs gained
- passing yards per attempt
- adjusted yards gained per pass attempt
- any rushing statistic you can speak of
- total career wins

By Pro-Football-Reference's approximate value score, Kaepernick's two best seasons (2013 and 2014) are both better than Foles' best season (2013).

So yeah, I do think Colin Kaepernick is better than Nick Foles.

I challenge you to watch this Chart Party video by SB Nation's Jon Bois about Kaepernick and how he's far-and-away the best quarterback in NFL history to not get a second job.

I’ll politely disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2020, 05:28 PM   #32
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

As soon as Kap signs w/ a team, we can open a thread about this. Until then, create him and add him to your squad.

Too many "My balls are bigger than your balls" posts in this thread. We need to do better. Opinions are just that, opinions. Let's not base everything said in these forums as facts.

I'm locking this up.
Follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »