Home

Bubble Screens

This is a discussion on Bubble Screens within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2020, 08:46 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Bubble Screens

I honestly do not have a suggestion. I’ve removed all bubble screens and WR screens from my playbook.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:40 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
Press square before the receiver catches the ball to initiate a RAC catch. It’s essential that you do this on all screens or you’ll rarely pick up any yards.

It took me forever to realise this but the receiver will catch and run in stride instead of catching, landing, and taking an age to accelerate away again.
See, the problem with that is there is rarely enough time between throwing and catching to select RAC catch, unless I should be doing touch passes?
Old 06-16-2020, 02:00 PM   #11
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

My biggest issue with screen passes are the slow throwing animations. Sometimes my QB will wind up like he's about to throw a bomb downfield for a 15 yard pass. But I don't really have much issue with screens. But I also wait til the last possible moment to get them off instead of running in stride so I don't have to do a hard change of direction. Just catch and run upfield.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2020, 02:04 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
My biggest issue with screen passes are the slow throwing animations. Sometimes my QB will wind up like he's about to throw a bomb downfield for a 15 yard pass. But I don't really have much issue with screens. But I also wait til the last possible moment to get them off instead of running in stride so I don't have to do a hard change of direction. Just catch and run upfield.

Oh, I'm fine with the play of a regular jailbreak or HB screen. It's the bubble Screens that are the issue. Those should be caught in stride with momentum carrying the receiver upfield. But I don't know how to make it work that way in Madden. I'm not complaining about the game and I don't want this thread to be about that. I was only curious if anybody had tips to get the bubble screens to work better. If not, and I don't seen an improvement, then I'll just stop trying to use them.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:08 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence

LOL one time in a CFM game I got the pleasure of watching Suh hurdle over 6'7" Taylor Decker so that he could sack my QB before I could get the throw off on Stretch Alert X Lookie!

I was sacked by a fat, slow DE so quickly I couldn't get the ball out on a GD one step drop.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:11 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.hunt1376
Oh, I'm fine with the play of a regular jailbreak or HB screen. It's the bubble Screens that are the issue. Those should be caught in stride with momentum carrying the receiver upfield. But I don't know how to make it work that way in Madden. I'm not complaining about the game and I don't want this thread to be about that. I was only curious if anybody had tips to get the bubble screens to work better. If not, and I don't seen an improvement, then I'll just stop trying to use them.
I hate senseless gripes as much as the next guy, but the fact of the matter is the super slow QB releases can make these plays very hard to execute unless the D just doesn't play the receiver at all and everyone else gets blocked out of the play.

If you are looking to be able to catch these in stride and instantly cut upfield I'd say that's not happening consistently without either Grab n Go or Human Joystick on the receiver.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:39 PM   #15
Rookie

bronxct1's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
I hate senseless gripes as much as the next guy, but the fact of the matter is the super slow QB releases can make these plays very hard to execute unless the D just doesn't play the receiver at all and everyone else gets blocked out of the play.

If you are looking to be able to catch these in stride and instantly cut upfield I'd say that's not happening consistently without either Grab n Go or Human Joystick on the receiver.
You need to throw it immediately and hit RAC. Once you get it a few time you’ll get the timing down. I can usually gain around 7-8 yards consistently with it.

Regular WR screens are where I have a problem as they seem to either catch it running back towards the center or the blocking gets missed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2020, 11:07 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
I honestly do not have a suggestion. I’ve removed all bubble screens and WR screens from my playbook.
Same. I also removed all RPOs. lol

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »