Home

Madden NFL 21 Gridiron Notes - Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame - New Skill Stick, Pass Rush Moves & Location-Based Tackles

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Gridiron Notes - Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame - New Skill Stick, Pass Rush Moves & Location-Based Tackles within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2020, 10:31 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 21 - Official Reveal Gridiron Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
That’s sounds and looks like madden 20.....

And Madden 19, and....
Old 06-16-2020, 10:34 AM   #18
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

I'll wait until the franchise blog, but it's not looking promising from my POV. Played a lot of M20 so I don't mind sticking with that (may buy it on PC to mod stuff). Not sure how much covid affected the development of M21, but it is disappointing to see how little they've added based on the trailer we got today.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Old 06-16-2020, 10:35 AM   #19
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0

im a franchise head since i play that mostly but i love a career mode too. FOF is the most half hearted attempt at superstar mode by EA since 4 ever. The gameplay needs a ground up overhaul for any mode to be successful long term. i like the idea of growing through levels but then what. There is so much authenticity and common sense missing from AI decision making on the field that this is like a toy in bad tasting cereal.

i dont care about more animations given to braindead AI. Wake me if they say improved AI means qbs running when pressured. Rbs not making dumb cuts in open field, kick returners hitting the open lanes, blockers searching for the nearest blocker. if thats not what improved AI means, sell it on craigslist at a discount.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 06-16-2020, 10:39 AM   #20
Rookie

YaBarber's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
I'll wait until the franchise blog, but it's not looking promising from my POV. Played a lot of M20 so I don't mind sticking with that (may buy it on PC to mod stuff). Not sure how much covid affected the development of M21, but it is disappointing to see how little they've added based on the trailer we got today.
There isn't going to be a franchise blog lmao. And if there is, it'll talk about the story mode + the 2 visual changes made to CFM.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:40 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 2

I... I just don't get it. I feel like I've read that press release before. Nothing even remotely exciting. They've redone ball carrier moves for the millionth time and added a couple of animations to trigger in certain situations. I feel like neither of these would have been back of the box features in the PS2 era Madden.

Honestly want to say I'm surprised about Franchise but sadly I'm not. I'll wait for EA play and the Franchise blog (if there is one) but this looks like a wide miss for me.

The only thing I can think of is that Covid really impacted the develop
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2020, 10:40 AM   #22
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Also bummed that there is again only 10 colleges represented. Was really hoping they'd expand on that a bit more with 16-20 colleges. Really just looking to have my NCAA itch scratched, too
Old 06-16-2020, 10:56 AM   #23
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Location-Based Tackles
These are tackles where both the ball carrier and defender are aware of the first-down marker, end zone, and pylon. What this means is you’ll see ball carriers reach out with the ball while getting tackled to score a crucial touchdown or clutch up a first-down. You’ll also see the tackling defender struggle but successfully deny the ball carrier these reach-out moments.
I'm excited about this. It's about ten years overdue but better late than never. This problem has driven me crazy for years.

Outside of that it looks and sounds exactly like '20. Interesting that they didn't even try for fancy buzzwords and hype this year.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 06-16-2020, 11:02 AM   #24
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I'm excited about this. It's about ten years overdue but better late than never. This problem has driven me crazy for years.

Outside of that it looks and sounds exactly like '20. Interesting that they didn't even try for fancy buzzwords and hype this year.
Yeah that does sound good.

There's a clip where Ekeler is tackled and he reaches the ball out as if he's extending for a first down. The problem is that they don't show it from a side camera angle so you couldn't really tell what he's trying to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »