Home

Madden NFL 21 Gridiron Notes - Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame - New Skill Stick, Pass Rush Moves & Location-Based Tackles

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Gridiron Notes - Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame - New Skill Stick, Pass Rush Moves & Location-Based Tackles within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2020, 11:07 AM   #25
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 21 - Official Reveal Gridiron Notes

If they changed/improved anything about franchise they would've mentioned it today. They aren't actually deaf. They just don't care. They know the fans really want that improved and if they did that they know it would be a huge selling point for a lot of people.

But honestly this game has been stagnant across the board. They haven't even really changed much for MUT in years outside of new cards. They just don't care.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2020, 11:17 AM   #26
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I'm excited about this. It's about ten years overdue but better late than never. This problem has driven me crazy for years.

Outside of that it looks and sounds exactly like '20. Interesting that they didn't even try for fancy buzzwords and hype this year.
I wonder if this will also apply to instances where you're running out of bounds near the first down marker or if it's solely when you enter a tackle animation.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 06-16-2020, 11:17 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

My experience w/ M20 was a pretty bad one. I got the beta, played what looked to be an excellent game and watched it get tweaked daily to become more wide-open and more catered to the interests of the competitive crowd embodied by the type of player who wins a tournament championship by using a punter as his QB.

All I hear in this reveal is an emphasis on increased user control, which at this point sounds like a dog whistle to me for the same tournament crowd emphasis we saw last year and in years previous.

The near-complete removal of INJ last year from positions other than HB/WR made franchise totally unenjoyable for me, and their continued disinterest in deploying a realistic fatigue and injury system across all positions made the GM aspect of franchise mode a shell of what it could have been.

I don't see anything here that tells me they're going to do anything different than what they've been doing, which means I won't be paying for early access and will continue to content myself with The Show and Madden 19, which was the last Madden that had working fatigue and injuries in franchise mode (though neither is perfect).

I know there are many who enjoyed M20, and hats off to them. I wasn't one of them and continue to be disappointed by the direction of this game. Unless I see a franchise blog that blows my socks off and does something other than market global changes as changes to franchise mode, I'm not touching M21 with a 10-foot pole.

I'll be happy to eat crow if such a blog emerges, but I've seen this movie enough times, I think, to know how it ends.

On a positive note, I'm happy Lamar got the cover and love what he's bringing to the league.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:19 AM   #28
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquigley
If they changed/improved anything about franchise they would've mentioned it today. They aren't actually deaf. They just don't care. They know the fans really want that improved and if they did that they know it would be a huge selling point for a lot of people.

But honestly this game has been stagnant across the board. They haven't even really changed much for MUT in years outside of new cards. They just don't care.

This sums up my feelings as well. We've seen it for years. The pandemic is no excuse for M20, 19, 18 etc... not showing advancement. They literally don't care. The "features" this year are so blatantly recycled it's honestly embarrassing for the devs. I would not be proud to be a part of a company that worked for a full year to release a product with selling points that are things that have already been in the game for years. It's a joke and as a consumer it's somewhat insulting that they put so little effort into the game because they know it will sell regardless.

It's starting to remind me of the MLB 2K series. For anyone that didn't follow those games, they release 2k12 and 2k13 with the same features and graphics as 2k11 and charged $60. It was awful. They changed the rosters and that was it.

Madden is getting that feel. They just don't care and they think so little of their customers that they think we will keep buying the same product year after year. Sadly they've been right up to this point.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:22 AM   #29
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
This sums up my feelings as well. We've seen it for years. The pandemic is no excuse for M20, 19, 18 etc... not showing advancement. They literally don't care. The "features" this year are so blatantly recycled it's honestly embarrassing for the devs. I would not be proud to be a part of a company that worked for a full year to release a product with selling points that are things that have already been in the game for years. It's a joke and as a consumer it's somewhat insulting that they put so little effort into the game because they know it will sell regardless.

It's starting to remind me of the MLB 2K series. For anyone that didn't follow those games, they release 2k12 and 2k13 with the same features and graphics as 2k11 and charged $60. It was awful. They changed the rosters and that was it.

Madden is getting that feel. They just don't care and they think so little of their customers that they think we will keep buying the same product year after year. Sadly they've been right up to this point.
Definitely. If people seriously want change this is the year to boycott it. Just don't spend money on it but sadly we are a small portion of the players so it won't change much

Old 06-16-2020, 11:39 AM   #30
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
You sir are correct. Not much thrown our way in forever.
But some years they at least have the courtesy of pretending they're adding something meaningful.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:43 AM   #31
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
But some years they at least have the courtesy of pretending they're adding something meaningful.

Hard to decide which is worse... Them lying about the features they were adding to CFM in Madden 20, or pretending the mode doesn't exist in Madden 21.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2020, 11:45 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

The pass rush moves sound promising, hopefully we have control over the direction of our moves. I hate how currently you can be set up with leverage to spin outside the blocker and you end up spinning back in to the block

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »