Home

Madden NFL 21 Gridiron Notes - Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame - New Skill Stick, Pass Rush Moves & Location-Based Tackles

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Gridiron Notes - Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame - New Skill Stick, Pass Rush Moves & Location-Based Tackles within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2020, 10:52 AM   #65
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 21 Gridiron Notes - Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame - New Skill St

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerfish1976
IF all of these new player controls are being implemented to get away from animations then I guess that's a good thing. I just can't see it being that way give how dependent the game is on animations.

I also imagine that the next gen games will just be ports with better graphics so don't expect any major changes to CFM until 2022 if that.

Reality is, an insignificant amount of people play offline franchise mode and my guess is that it takes up a large part of the game so EA will likely never provide as robust of an experience that franchise players want.
I actually think it's going more in the other direction with animations, especially with designated tackle locations triggering. I need to see this in action though & see how this is going to play out.

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2020, 03:53 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3
Man I got to say based on pre release info my hopes for a lot of games have been dashed lately. Or at least hype meter reduced. Madden, PGA Golf, and Project Cars among them. My hopes were never high for any meaningful changes in Madden though.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:13 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 21 Gridiron Notes - Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame - New Skill St

Best Case scenario is they probably didn't touch Franchise for current gen, but they did for next gen. I feel like it is something they would have promoted. They didn't even bring up the scenario engine. It can be assumed in the Face of the Franchise description that the different storylines has to do with scenario engine, but it is something that they didn't mention it at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't touched on current gen. Hopefully they overhauled it for next gen though.

I would have liked for them to expand the Face of Franchise to some defensive positions as well. I always liked playing as a DB or a pass rusher. But, for what they are saying, I think it would have been better off allowing you to start as a RB or WR rather than switching when you get to college. Pretty much have to construct your player how you want him to be when you first start. So you have to be choose a scrambler and hope it translate over properly to a RB/WR. I always prefer to be a Power RB, so how's that going to work out since Madden's scramblers tend to be fast and elusive. i wonder how they are going to handle progression before NFL. They're almost has to be some type of progression especially if you choose to switch positions. I don't see them allowing you to be a pocket passer in HS and then choose to be a speed WR in college. I see at most 8 total games before you get to NFL(3-4 HS and 4 college) even that isn't enough to progress your player if you choose to switch position. But I don't always trust Madden when it comes to describing a mode. Madden can overhype a mode. I can see HS game be like they were in Longshot where you can play segments of games not whole games. Also they should have worded that college section differently. When I initially saw "Two seasons" i didn't even see College Playoffs. They should have said Two consecutive. College Football Playoffs. I still feel the story will be centered around you being a QB or mention you as a nickname the whole time

Last edited by illwill10; 06-20-2020 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:59 PM   #68
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Best Case scenario is they probably didn't touch Franchise for current gen, but they did for next gen. I feel like it is something they would have promoted. They didn't even bring up the scenario engine. It can be assumed in the Face of the Franchise description that the different storylines has to do with scenario engine, but it is something that they didn't mention it at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't touched on current gen. Hopefully they overhauled it for next gen though.
Maybe...I am banking more on the fact it will be a port. From current to next. The game engine hasn’t been overhauled so the game doesn’t need to be like the other two infamous trailers. This will be an upgrade to how the game is played and graphics/lighting. It will feature the same CFM UI and basically untouched. It’s just not where the money is amigo. As with anything in our world events, follow the money and you will always find the true heart of any motivation, and in EAs case...make Madden looked really good for the next tournament and MUT online leagues that get public ally streamed. Our era of franchise is dead. The last great franchise EA did was NCAA 14 with coordinators ect. Not perfect but it was great. Immersive. The game was good but the out of game things to do was even better. Even that game you can see the EA transition to UT type wants.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:56 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Maybe...I am banking more on the fact it will be a port. From current to next. The game engine hasn’t been overhauled so the game doesn’t need to be like the other two infamous trailers. This will be an upgrade to how the game is played and graphics/lighting. It will feature the same CFM UI and basically untouched. It’s just not where the money is amigo. As with anything in our world events, follow the money and you will always find the true heart of any motivation, and in EAs case...make Madden looked really good for the next tournament and MUT online leagues that get public ally streamed. Our era of franchise is dead. The last great franchise EA did was NCAA 14 with coordinators ect. Not perfect but it was great. Immersive. The game was good but the out of game things to do was even better. Even that game you can see the EA transition to UT type wants.
While I enjoyed NCAA 14 since I bought it Sept, I do feel we have nostalgia for it and tend to overrate that game. I quickly realized when I started playing late last year, than I never played it when it came out. I realized that I preferred NCAA 13. With NCAA 14 they streamlined Recruiting and made it too simple. They took the challenge out of it, it was just dump X hours into a Player and schedule visits. While I enjoyed Presentation and Studio Updates, Pregame presentation is very repetitive. Stat tracking was still an issue. CPU Ball Carriers didn't perform special moves still, which made CPU WR/RBs useless, CPU playcalling was terrible and predictable, after a few seasons, most teams ran either Pro Style, Spread Option, or Air Raid. Felt like every scrambling Qb only made 1 read and scramble up the gut. Then you had teams that didn't adjust offense to players. You had those No Huddle Spread Option teams with 50 Speed And, that were still able to gash you because of AI logic. After a couple seasons, powerhouses were full of high 90 players. You couldn't select your coordinators. Wish they allowed you to edit Recruits. Too Many ATH QBs with high 90 speeds. Then you see too many Recuit WRs with 50-65 Catch or RB with below Average ball carrier moves.

While I would love to see a return of College Football games, it makes you think if you really want EA to make those games unless they all them more creative freedom
Old 06-21-2020, 10:05 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

I would have liked for them to expand the Face of Franchise to some defensive positions as well. I always liked playing as a DB or a pass rusher. But, for what they are saying, I think it would have been better off allowing you to start as a RB or WR rather than switching when you get to college. Pretty much have to construct your player how you want him to be when you first start. So you have to be choose a scrambler and hope it translate over properly to a RB/WR. I always prefer to be a Power RB, so how's that going to work out since Madden's scramblers tend to be fast and elusive. i wonder how they are going to handle progression before NFL. They're almost has to be some type of progression especially if you choose to switch positions. I don't see them allowing you to be a pocket passer in HS and then choose to be a speed WR in college. I see at most 8 total games before you get to NFL(3-4 HS and 4 college) even that isn't enough to progress your player if you choose to switch position. But I don't always trust Madden when it comes to describing a mode. Madden can overhype a mode. I can see HS game be like they were in Longshot where you can play segments of games not whole games. Also they should have worded that college section differently. When I initially saw "Two seasons" i didn't even see College Playoffs. They should have said Two consecutive. College Football Playoffs. I still feel the story will be centered around you being a QB or mention you as a nickname the whole time
I also think best case scenario for franchise is getting new features on next gen. But I’d be shocked if they are willing to let people upgrade from last gen to next gen for free if there was additional work put into the game outside of porting it.

The problem I have with face of the franchises playing through college and high school is the fact it’s just a reskin. The game is going to play the exact same way as the pro game. There should be a massive difference between high school and NFL but we won’t see it so I find the whole thing to just be a “add hand towels” situation. EA adding different leagues does zero to changing the game outside of cosmetics.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:23 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
I also think best case scenario for franchise is getting new features on next gen. But I’d be shocked if they are willing to let people upgrade from last gen to next gen for free if there was additional work put into the game outside of porting it.

The problem I have with face of the franchises playing through college and high school is the fact it’s just a reskin. The game is going to play the exact same way as the pro game. There should be a massive difference between high school and NFL but we won’t see it so I find the whole thing to just be a “add hand towels” situation. EA adding different leagues does zero to changing the game outside of cosmetics.
I'm just thinking of how they worded the Dual Entitlement for both Fifa And Madden because it's not the same for both.

Madden:
"Madden NFL 21 Ultimate Team binder content and Madden Points will transfer. Progress in certain Franchise modes can also be imported from current generation to next generation. "

FIFA:
"All progress you make or content you acquire within FIFA 21 Ultimate Team (including players, items, coins, FIFA Points, match record, and leaderboard placement), as well as all progression in VOLTA FOOTBALL will transfer from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 and back, or Xbox One to Xbox Series X and back. Progress within all other modes including Online Seasons, Co-Op Seasons, Career Mode, Pro Clubs, etc. will be specific to the console you are playing on and won’t transfer between consoles."

With Fifa, it seems like if you are getting Current gen and plan on upgrading right away, its best to only invest time on Ultimate Team since nothing else transfers over. With Madden it says certain franchise modes, so the best case scenario is that Face of Franchise transfers over and not regular Franchise because it is different on next gen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2020, 11:48 AM   #72
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
While I enjoyed NCAA 14 since I bought it Sept, I do feel we have nostalgia for it and tend to overrate that game. I quickly realized when I started playing late last year, than I never played it when it came out. I realized that I preferred NCAA 13. With NCAA 14 they streamlined Recruiting and made it too simple. They took the challenge out of it, it was just dump X hours into a Player and schedule visits. While I enjoyed Presentation and Studio Updates, Pregame presentation is very repetitive. Stat tracking was still an issue. CPU Ball Carriers didn't perform special moves still, which made CPU WR/RBs useless, CPU playcalling was terrible and predictable, after a few seasons, most teams ran either Pro Style, Spread Option, or Air Raid. Felt like every scrambling Qb only made 1 read and scramble up the gut. Then you had teams that didn't adjust offense to players. You had those No Huddle Spread Option teams with 50 Speed And, that were still able to gash you because of AI logic. After a couple seasons, powerhouses were full of high 90 players. You couldn't select your coordinators. Wish they allowed you to edit Recruits. Too Many ATH QBs with high 90 speeds. Then you see too many Recuit WRs with 50-65 Catch or RB with below Average ball carrier moves.

While I would love to see a return of College Football games, it makes you think if you really want EA to make those games unless they all them more creative freedom
Oh its absolutely nostalgic! LOL Like 2K. People always want what they wont have. I am talking in terms of content. Recruiting, coach carousel, awards tracking, ect the CONTENT is all I want. NBA2k has some of the best franchise content I have seen in a sports game and I loved the NFL2k5 content. I just dont understand how haubamiller is on this staff and some of the content hasnt made its way in. This is what frustrates the majority of franchise players like myself. I have been wanting a carousel feature and actual fleshed out coaching creator for a while now, but we get this longshot/FoF stuff that in theory is cool but nothing for owner/GM/coaching.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »