Home

Sim Play and Franchise fans. It is time to make a stand

This is a discussion on Sim Play and Franchise fans. It is time to make a stand within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2020, 03:47 PM   #41
Rookie

YaBarber's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sim Play and Franchise fans. It is time to make a stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Nah, because its a pattern. Year in and year out this is what we see:
1. Initial info is released. No news on franchise, but new feature "x" is revealed/hyped
2. People are bummed, but some comment that we should wait, maybe they are saving big franchise news for later
3. Big franchise news never comes
4. In the end new feature "x" turns out to be the biggest addition to the game

They don't save big reveals for later. What is revealed first has always told us the focus of the game.
Rinse and repeat every.. single... year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2020, 03:54 PM   #42
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Yeah CM, I think over the years you and I have a very similar opinion and outlook on Madden. I would love to see every aspect of franchise updated, but we know that's not possible with how EA prioritize things. Once we know what additions they are or aren't making to cfm then i may express some of the frustrations that others have mentioned.

That all being said, as long as the game is out on PC and the modders can fix it the way they did Madden 20, I'll be pretty happy. Nothing has extended the game like Sabos mod and Tdawgs revamp of the progression system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
There was a blurb about Face of the Franchise - which runs on top of Franchise mode - but no there have been no details released about the traditional team-building Franchise mode itself to this point.

I'm in the same boat as you; I'm exclusively a franchise mode player and I'm pretty much unfazed by the high-level reveal today. I'll be waiting on a Franchise blog as well.
Sent from my HD1925 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-16-2020, 04:45 PM   #43
Rookie

binga30's Arena

Not sure why people had high hopes, first year of a new console release is always underwhelming. Madden 22 there will be no excuses.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2020, 08:17 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 9

EA doesn't care, it's painfully obvious. My hope that Madden will ever prioritize franchise mode is gone. The fact that EA has a monopoly on NFL Sim for another 5 years is a cruel joke to gamers that care about franchise and sim. I know it's a money thing but EA and Madden developers should be ashamed that an NFL game made 15 years ago is substantially more in-depth than what they currently offer. Where's the pride of making the best game possible?
So, I propose an idea to EA that will make us happy and make EA more money.
Put together another Head Coach development team, give them the previous years Madden engine and let them craft a new NFL Head Coach every year and then release it around March near the NFL Draft.

I'd gladly pay $60 for a new HC game. EA could then cut the price in half ahead of the annual Madden release.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:27 AM   #45
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
The whole infinite loop of buying packs year after year after year, doesn't that ever get old? And expensive? Maybe it's just me...
I'll never be the one to count another man's money. If you work hard for it and it's yours then you have every right to spend it however you like; but man...whatever happened to unlocking ish through in-game achievements?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2020, 09:56 AM   #46
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

SO what is this thread about?

Are we talking about 'sim' (whatever that is) or franchise?

There are solo franchises, there are multi-user franchises (some of whom play on - gasp - comp mode). There are people that just want to "build a team" and win titles...no holds barred (if they win every game 60-0, even better). There are people that want the ultimate challenge mode within franchise; even if it isn't "realistic" because for them, they want the satisfaction of winning something ultra hard. There are people that only care about statistical output, even if the resulting in-game environment is less realistic. There are folks (such as myself) who just want ratings to matter to embrace the story side of things, accepting that there will be things that are not realistic due to how the engine is built. Then we have the folks who just want to watch the game and not even play it. Yet....we all love franchise mode and we all want franchise mode to get some love.

Franchise mode encompasses players of all skill levels, desires, and styles. It's not a "franchise = sim" type of equation.

YES - there is room for discussion of adding a truly "sim" style of play to the game.

YES - there is room for discussion of franchise mode.

But I honestly believe the two discussions should be mutually exclusive.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:50 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Its popularity astounds me. Like I get it, I really do. But the fact that every 12 months you have to start from scratch and people just accept that is what is crazy.
I know what you mean but isn't that sort of how the real sports world works? You become a Super Bowl champ, then the following year back to square one...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-17-2020, 10:54 AM   #48
Rookie

michaelhalljr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
Does anyone around here follow movie news? Familiar with the #releasethesnydercut campaign? Madden needs something like that...an official hashtag for fans to rally around, a hashtag battle cry that floods every EA post and news release. While we're at it, flood the NFL's posts with it too. It took 3 years, but the Snyder Cut of the Justice League movie is finally being released next year. Maybe we can do the same for Madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
How about #giveusourfranchiseback?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »