Home

Madden NFL 21: Franchise Mode Additions Missing In Action So Far

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21: Franchise Mode Additions Missing In Action So Far within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2020, 04:57 PM   #17
Rookie

frankinho's Arena

OVR: 0
I disagree with the idea that they can't cater to all the users and deliver a product everyone will like. There's actually a lot of games out there that are enjoyed, liked and even loved by all of their users and some of those companies don't have the resources that EA has. It may be that it's difficult for them to deliver a product that everyone loves but they sure could deliver a product that everyone would be satisified with. Just look at NBA2k franchise, throughout the years they are catering for all of their users quite equally and quite succesfully whether it be myteam, myleague, mygm etc.. Sure its not perfect and some years it's better than others but its night and day compared to EA. Just look at NBA2k's franchise mode, my god how much depth there is there you can pretty much customize every little detail. You certainly can't deny 2k is trying which is a lot more that can be said about EA with Madden's Franchise's mode, they stopped trying years ago.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:19 PM   #18
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 21: Franchise Mode Additions Missing In Action So Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Aren't they still getting your money?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Well, that's why I qualified that with the original cost of the game. $20-$30 every other year. I don't even open the sections of the game other than franchise and online head to head.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:23 PM   #19
Rookie

Just when you think EA can't make it any harder to spend money on their football games, they go and drop this trailer...

Seriously guys, speak with your wallets already. How long is this really going to continue? It's been 20 yrs and somehow, someway people are still paying for this level of a football game.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:59 PM   #20
Just started!

I think Chase touched on the most important point about this year's games, but don't let it pass without really considering it...

Games are made together, as a process. A team pours over the art, the approvals, the decisions, the features. They are discussed in groups and in brainstorm sessions. But mostly- the bugs are found and reproduced by being shown or found together.

With covid-19 and people being apart- this is absolutely not happening in the same way. It just... can't be. You can't share a game over zoom, or twitch or any internal screen sharing tool with the fidelity of running it off the console in person, with other people.

I honestly feel terrible for the game team, and how they're making a game through this...

There is a possible silver lining though- which is that it does mean little sectors of the game could be owned more individually and have the possibility to really shine. In the same way that group-think and over analyzation can kill a mode or feature, even down to an animation approval... there may be really great individuals on the team implementing their ideas in more of a vacuum and given new opportunities to succeed. I think we could see little bright spots throughout.

Last note- since I'm on a roll... the notes about what EA and the Madden team does with their money, and not putting it back into the game are so silly, short-cited and just wrong. You can be unhappy with allocation, end-product, or EA's shrewd business decision to buy exclusive rights, but the reality is- in 1991, games cost $60 and took 15 people to build. The animations and art were simple, the logic simple, and the focus and team could be on the gameplay mechanics. In 2020, games still only cost $60 (that would be around $30 then). Teams are much larger and the focus, because we as consumers demand it is on the art, graphics and fidelity. The studio has to spend LOADS of resources and money on making the game perfect for people to pause, zoom in on, and oh- if you see through his facemask, that's Joey Bosa. Meanwhile, you don't ever play with these needs whatsoever- but it's what we demand from the system and game. So- resources go to things like that- and not gameplay, mechanics and FRANCHISE.

If you want better Franchise, be willing to pay $120 for the game, or be willing to have better modes, at the expense of graphics, because as long as the team has to consist of over 50% artists versus designers, producers and gameplay engineers- it's what you're going to get. And the micro-transactions will keep rolling. I don't think Madden quite makes as much as you think it does... not that it would be wrong since... ya know, EA is a publicly traded company with a fiduciary responsibility to its shareholders.

I like bitching about the game being better too- believe me.. but we live in our own fantasy-world. LOL.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:17 PM   #21
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Its past time to just realize and live with the fact that EA is NEVER going to improve or put ANY effort into the Franchise mode. The reason is simple. They don't make any $$ off of it once the game ships. They just flat out do not care about CFM at all. I am convinced they would cut the mode out completely if there wouldn't be a huge uproar as a result. The sad realization is that there will NEVER be any effort into improving CFM. Not currently, not this next gen and not the gen after that. CFM players just have to decide if they are cool with paying $60 every year for basically a roster update to CFM. I haven't purchased Madden new in 8yrs now. The only way we get anything done to CFM is if MILLIONS of other gamers make the same statement. It won't happen and I completely understand that. EA "should" feel bad for how its treated its most hardcore fan section, but as long as those sales and bonus numbers are what they are, nothing will change with CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2020, 07:26 PM   #22
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes
Just when you think EA can't make it any harder to spend money on their football games, they go and drop this trailer...

Seriously guys, speak with your wallets already. How long is this really going to continue? It's been 20 yrs and somehow, someway people are still paying for this level of a football game.
14 years. But yeah. Madden 06 was the pinnacle. Its all been downhill since.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:06 PM   #23
Rookie

I would gladly pay $99 for an "Elite Franchise" edition of Madden if that gave the bean counters enough incentive to pour more resources into Franchise development. I'm not sure how many others feel the same way, but a fully fleshed out mode with all the bells and whistles Head Coach had mixed with 2k5 like presentation would be worth the extra money for me.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:36 PM   #24
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes

even if every franchise mode guy boycotted ea wouild still get 3-4 million sales from kids and causels

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »